Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now THIS is the leader of the republican party. I certainly hope so. She is so pathetic that I didn't mind at all using Rachel Maddow's presentation of the clip. Let's hear it for the conservatives!

This could have been our president

COOPER: In public, Palin looked like the game-changer McCain had wanted. But in private, the authors say, she was struggling to learn too much too fast.

HEILEMANN: Her foreign policy tutors are literally taking her through, ‘this is World War I, this is World War II, this is the Korean War, this is the – how the Cold War worked, this is the new war on terror.’ They’re trying to teach her everything, because Steve Schmidt had gone to them and said, ‘she knows nothing.’ A week later, after the convention was over, she still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea. She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11. And, literally, the next day, her son was about to ship off to Iraq. And when they asked her who her son was going to fight, she couldn’t explain that.
    Anyone who watched the campaign unfold in 2008 could not have skipped over her craziness.

What is surprising to me is just how bad it was. It's as if she didn't attend high school or something.
    So instead, we got a guy that lies, never really had a job, has our country in more debt than ever, and can only make a speech when his prompter is working. He sold a bunch of naive people some goods and they bought it. Yes, we got a winner in him, LOL.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    So instead, we got a guy that lies, never really had a job, has our country in more debt than ever, and can only make a speech when his prompter is working. He sold a bunch of naive people some goods and they bought it. Yes, we got a winner in him, LOL.
    I'm sure you'd rather have an ignorant bimbo who felt that God wanted her to be president. I'm sure she would have pulled us out of the debt that was inherited, not caused. If she could figure out how to sign her name. Yeah, we don't want anyone with a modicum of intelligence leading the country. At least that's what the republicans say, and have said for 8 or 9 years.
    have you ever watched Obama's news conferences ??

To assert that he needs a teleprompter is bizarre and ludicrous. He's amongst the most informed, self aware, and engaged Presidents this country has had in the last hundred years. Obama's TV interviews and news conferences never fail to be thoughtful relaxed and nuanced.

I speak as someone who long supported Hillary -- and initially had great skepticism regarding Obama.

I fear Obama may though end, like Clinton and Kennedy -- men of great potential, thwarted by powerful forces of evil
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  6. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

I'm not going to spend my time defending Sarah Palin, but anyone think that this MIGHT be a bit of CYA by handlers that botched their job? Oh, no--I'm sure that these little political operatives have NO concern for their own futures at all, and they couldn't even THINK of scapegoating someone else to protect themselves. Not even possible right?

I'm kind of surprised to see what is essentially gossip being talked about as if it is relevant. Further--Sarah Palin isn't even in office, yet its funny how so much attention is paid to her. Obsessive much?

If she was in office...ok, fair game--hold those politicians feet to the fire. Oh wait...unless...well, you know, you are a media darling.

Bayre: Yes, President Obama does have great potential to be destroyed by evil forces--like the Leaders of Iran he is so eager to deal with, or Hugo Chavez who he embraces, or Putin who walks all over him, not the mention the Chinese who are very happy to take advantage of our weakness. Not to mention terrorists eager to exploit any hole in our defenses. Yes, indeed, President Obama can in fact be destroyed by evil--and us with him.

As far as Kennedy and Clinton...you've got to be kidding. OTHERS have caused their problems huh? Some evil force caused President Clinton to behave like a teenager on his first trip away from mom and dad, and caused Senator Kennedy to drink and carouse. They aren't to blame huh?

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I fear Obama may though end, like Clinton and Kennedy -- men of great potential, thwarted by powerful forces of evil
    I would tend to agree with this view, but I'd say that Clinton and Kennedy were thwarted far more by their own internal demons rather than any external evils. Obama, so far, does not seem anywhere nearly as vulnerable in that same regard. He's more on Carter's path thus far -- men of great potential thwarted by their own lack of leadership.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  8. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I would tend to agree with this view, but I'd say that Clinton and Kennedy were thwarted far more by their own internal demons rather than any external evils. Obama, so far, does not seem anywhere nearly as vulnerable in that same regard. He's more on Carter's path thus far -- men of great potential thwarted by their own lack of leadership.
    I'm not sure that President Carter had any great potential to begin with. President Obama...well, what I believe is that he is a man of great (certain) talent. Unfortunately, I think he is also proving himself to be an ideologue, which is preventing him from using that talent in a way that could be truly helpful.

I also agree--I don't think President Obama has any of the same sorts of personal shortcomings (at least I've seen no indication) that men like Clinton or Kennedy have/had. I just realized--I assumed that was referring to Teddy Kennedy--perhaps it was intended to refer to JFK). However, I'm not sure he doesn't have other shortcomings that will be just as damaging.

For example--it seems to me that President Obama has this belief that things happen, if you simply talk about them--that talking actually is the same as accomplishment. Now, given that many of his enthusiastic supporters seem to buy into that belief as well, it might work for him. I think that President Obama came very far (perhaps as far as one can go) based almost exclusively on his ability to speak well, but in the end...that can only take you so far. At some point, all the talking in the world won't fix problems that are outside the realm of discussion.

At some point, all that talk...is just talk--no matter how eloquent or well prepared it is.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    have you ever watched Obama's news conferences ??

To assert that he needs a teleprompter is bizarre and ludicrous. He's amongst the most informed, self aware, and engaged Presidents this country has had in the last hundred years. Obama's TV interviews and news conferences never fail to be thoughtful relaxed and nuanced.

I speak as someone who long supported Hillary -- and initially had great skepticism regarding Obama.

Unfortunately, yes, I have watched the guy speak. I try not to, but dang he's on usually 3 or 4 times a day making crap up. And I've seen when he gives talks without a prompter and he stumbles all over himself. When in an interview, he just doesn't answer the question and then comments about real change and the liberal interviewer (who is usually drooling by now) lobs another easy question at him.

The guy is a joke....the most unprepared person we've had for Prez in who knows how long.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, yes, I have watched the guy speak. I try not to, but dang he's on usually 3 or 4 times a day making crap up. And I've seen when he gives talks without a prompter and he stumbles all over himself. When in an interview, he just doesn't answer the question and then comments about real change and the liberal interviewer (who is usually drooling by now) lobs another easy question at him.

The guy is a joke....the most unprepared person we've had for Prez in who knows how long.
    For me its more about trust and believability. Obama's gone back on his word on so many promises, it's tough believing anything that comes out of his mouth.

Maybe Bush mangled the english language, but at least he believed what he was saying. Agree with him or not, you knew where he stood.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11.    #11  

Interesting how you see what you want to see. To most conscious non-demented observers, he is a skilled intelligent orator...even those that disagree with him agree about that. Not you, however. Maybe he would do better with a drawl, huh? And maybe drooling? And maybe on the Appalachian Trail, as well. Just trying to make you feel at home.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    For me its more about trust and believability. Obama's gone back on his word on so many promises, it's tough believing anything that comes out of his mouth.

Maybe Bush mangled the english language, but at least he believed what he was saying. Agree with him or not, you knew where he stood.
    The same could be said of most white supremacists. We know where they stand, too. It's just in the wrong place....like Iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Interesting how you see what you want to see. To most conscious non-demented observers, he is a skilled intelligent orator...even those that disagree with him agree about that. Not you, however. Maybe he would do better with a drawl, huh? And maybe drooling? And maybe on the Appalachian Trail, as well. Just trying to make you feel at home.
    I understand that most doctors feel more comfortable with high brow elitists, seeing as how most doctors fit into that camp. Obama is a perfect fit for guys like you. I mean, he has that certain God mentality that I'm sure you can relate to.

By the way, are you making a racist comment about blacks with southern drawls? Why shame on you good doctor, shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm sure you'd rather have an ignorant bimbo who felt that God wanted her to be president.
    Ultimately, I didn't want either.

Option A. John McCain. A president so old that he could drop dead at any moment, who was really RINO who wanted to tax my health insurance so much I wouldn't be able to afford to continue having health insurance.

Option B. Obama. A relatively unknown presidential candidate with strong ties to deplorable organizations like ACORN, who was an excellent speaker as long as he stayed on queue, but rarely said anything about his actual politics; and has almost succeeded in passing legislation that will tax my healthcare so heavily that I can't afford to keep it, but will tax me even higher if I don't carry insurance.

Can you tell me where EITHER of those options was anything less than terrible?

Can you point out the candidate who actually had a chance of doing more good than harm?

The truth to the whole question is that the future of the Republican party is the same as the future of the Democratic party: extinction or total reinvention.

The majority of Americans are unhappy with the healthcare bill that is on it's way to passage. The majority of Americans are unhappy with the way the wars in Iraq and Afganistan have been handled since Obama was elected because they either wanted more troops and to do it right, or to get out, and Obama hasn't done either. The majority of Americans are unsatisfied with Obama's performance as president. Several prominent democrats have decided not to run for re-election.

Yet, for all that, there has been no great rallying point for Republicans, because there's nobody in the republican party who is proposing anything better.

Until one of the parties we have now goes through a complete reinvention, or a third party does whatever they need to so that people will take them seriously, we're stuck voting against the worst candidate instead of boting for the best candidate.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    obama is a joke and the polls are starting to show it. People are looking at themselves in the mirror and saying did I seriously vote for this guy. When americans lives are in danger and you take days to make a statement, what is that showing. I know he's a cool calm guy but sometimes you just got to be an in your face type a person especially when your the U . S president
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    obama is a joke and the polls are starting to show it.

You're 100% right, but that's not the scary part. The really terrifying part is this; where is the option that would be any better?
    obama is a joke and the polls are starting to show it. People are looking at themselves in the mirror and saying did I seriously vote for this guy. When americans lives are in danger and you take days to make a statement, what is that showing. I know he's a cool calm guy but sometimes you just got to be an in your face type a person especially when your the U . S president
    But Obama is going to sit down with all the bad guys in the world and explain to them that he is different, and to trust him, and they will listen to him. Remember, this man can bring people together....I mean he can do that, can't he? Tell me he can....he said he could unite the world!

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Ultimately, I didn't want either.

Option A. John McCain. A president so old that he could drop dead at any moment, who was really RINO who wanted to tax my health insurance so much I wouldn't be able to afford to continue having health insurance.

Option B. Obama. A relatively unknown presidential candidate with strong ties to deplorable organizations like ACORN, who was an excellent speaker as long as he stayed on queue, but rarely said anything about his actual politics; and has almost succeeded in passing legislation that will tax my healthcare so heavily that I can't afford to keep it, but will tax me even higher if I don't carry insurance.

Can you tell me where EITHER of those options was anything less than terrible?

Can you point out the candidate who actually had a chance of doing more good than harm?

The truth to the whole question is that the future of the Republican party is the same as the future of the Democratic party: extinction or total reinvention.

The majority of Americans are unhappy with the healthcare bill that is on it's way to passage. The majority of Americans are unhappy with the way the wars in Iraq and Afganistan have been handled since Obama was elected because they either wanted more troops and to do it right, or to get out, and Obama hasn't done either. The majority of Americans are unsatisfied with Obama's performance as president. Several prominent democrats have decided not to run for re-election.

Yet, for all that, there has been no great rallying point for Republicans, because there's nobody in the republican party who is proposing anything better.

Until one of the parties we have now goes through a complete reinvention, or a third party does whatever they need to so that people will take them seriously, we're stuck voting against the worst candidate instead of boting for the best candidate.
    Seeing as you have health insurance, I'm sure you understand that there are 40 million people or so who would consider those options less than terrible. The majority of Americans would still elect Obama over any republican. His numbers are still better than Reagan's at the low point in his presidency. I'm willing to bet in a year his numbers will be much better. Even the right is now starting to accept the fact that the stimulus package was successful. If jobs turn around, that will make the difference...not health care, not the wars...as Daddy learned, it's the economy, stupid.
  20.    #20  
    Really? And how many of you yahoos blowing off steam about how incompetent he is voted for him and changed your minds? How about...NONE? Like most republicans, you have only wanted him to fail from the time he was elected. You're not racist, you're biased against democrats. There is no democrat who followed their party's platform that you wouldn't be saying the same thing about....that's why your comments are so humorous.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast