Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115
  1. #81  
    Haven't read the article yet, but I heart Pat Caddell. He used to be on Hardball all the time, but haven't seen him there in years. Him and Hitchens were always entertaining.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  2. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Haven't read the article yet, but I heart Pat Caddell. He used to be on Hardball all the time, but haven't seen him there in years. Him and Hitchens were always entertaining.
    I've always found his insights to be pretty interesting.

    Hitchens...That guy is a professional jerk, he makes an art of it, but man, he is just so entertaining. Also--he often has good points.

    KAM
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Massachusetts senate race to replace the late Senator Kennedy has taken a turn where the republican candidate Scott Brown is now in the lead. ...
    Update: Martha made a gaffe that will definitely hurt her among Red Sox Nation by saying that in addition to Mayor Giuliani, that Curt Shilling (Rex Sox pitcher) is also a Yankees fan.

    I have been receiving campaign calls on my telephone daily from Scott Brown, but none from Martha Coakley's campaign. Both my wife and I are unenrolled voters (Masschusetts' term for "independent"). They both sent flyers in the mail today. Martha's said that Scott Brown is like a bad George Bush movie. (That might have worked if Bush was a former actor like Ronald Regan was.)

    Her unfortunate gaffe last night just makes her appear uninformed. This plus her continued negative campaign ads seem to be hurting her in a race she could have easily won had she been more careful and strategic.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Update: Martha made a gaffe that will definitely hurt her among Red Sox Nation by saying that in addition to Mayor Giuliani, that Curt Shilling (Rex Sox pitcher) is also a Yankees fan.

    I have been receiving campaign calls on my telephone daily from Scott Brown, but none from Martha Coakley's campaign. Both my wife and I are unenrolled voters (Masschusetts' term for "independent"). They both sent flyers in the mail today. Martha's said that Scott Brown is like a bad George Bush movie. (That might have worked if Bush was a former actor like Ronald Regan was.)

    Her unfortunate gaffe last night just makes her appear uninformed. This plus her continued negative campaign ads seem to be hurting her in a race she could have easily won had she been more careful and strategic.
    Sounded like a bad joke... instead of attacking Giuliani directly.

    I can see where she was going, she seems to think too much... more than likely a very intelligent person. Not like Palin (then again, she got out of that dead job and going to get paid... ride it out, baby!!). lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Sounded like a bad joke... instead of attacking Giuliani directly.

    I can see where she was going, she seems to think too much... more than likely a very intelligent person. Not like Palin (then again, she got out of that dead job and going to get paid... ride it out, baby!!). lol
    Yeah, because she's had like 2 or 3 gaffes in the last couple of days, I was beginning to wonder if she was "going Palin" on us. I also reached a similar conclusion as yours.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #86  
    Hello Everyone,

    This is a good of place as any to talk about this.

    Would anyone like to make their predictions about Tomorrow's Mass. Senate Seat Election.

    It appears that Brown's surge in the polls is not a blip--the latest ones I've seen show him ahead--sometimes by significant numbers. However, I have no idea how reliable those polls are. Despite this, and Coakley's apparently weakness as a candidate, I find it hard to believe that a Republican will end up winning. So, my official prediction is that Coakley will win, because that's Massachusetts for you.

    On the other hand...if Brown does somehow win...this will be like a bomb dropping on the political landscape. Democrat operatives tripped over themselves trying to explain why both NJ and Virginia governors races went to the Republicans...it will be impossible to explain this logically.

    What will happen is that Coakley will be thrown under the Bus faster than you can say "Hope and Change" in an attempt to separate Obama from this situation. Of course, anyone who has a brain will recall, that the President went to campaign for her just yesterday. If his "magic" isn't working...well, that's not a good sign for Democrats.

    The other thing we will see is a massive panic in regards to the healthcare bill and ALL the stops will be pulled out with that--to pass it no matter what. I imagine, that there will be a recount, and accusations of "voter intimidation" as well, should Brown somehow win. Then there will be a legal waiting period to certify, and then I expect that every possible effort will be made by Reid to NOT seat Brown.

    To be honest--I almost fear if Brown does win, because the politics that will follow...well, it certainly won't be good for the people's faith in government.

    So, bottom line. My prediction is Coakley 51, Brown 46, Kennedy 3. The Democrat Machine isn't going to lay down and die, so easily.

    KAM
  7. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Yeah, because she's had like 2 or 3 gaffes in the last couple of days, I was beginning to wonder if she was "going Palin" on us. I also reached a similar conclusion as yours.
    Interesting when a liberal like Coakley makes a fool of herself she is an "intelligent" person, but when a Conservative utters something foolish (like Palin) she is branded a moron.

    KAM
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post

    On the other hand...if Brown does somehow win...this will be like a bomb dropping on the political landscape. Democrat operatives tripped over themselves trying to explain why both NJ and Virginia governors races went to the Republicans...it will be impossible to explain this logically.
    Not really... NJ and VA was explained to death. Look at history and the candidates...

    If MA goes Rep, then dems have a problem... that would be a major blow... hit in the gut... that would give republicans something to talk about....

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    What will happen is that Coakley will be thrown under the Bus faster than you can say "Hope and Change" in an attempt to separate Obama from this situation. Of course, anyone who has a brain will recall, that the President went to campaign for her just yesterday. If his "magic" isn't working...well, that's not a good sign for Democrats.
    Yes, the president went up yesterday... wow... like that made a huge difference... he did show his face, only as a last attempt to rally the troops.

    He went up to get dems to get out to vote... nothing more, nothing less. He did not go up to change minds. Will dems get out? Kennedy's wife told dems to get out to vote. Guess if they don't, she is a failure as well?

    If the dem wins, it means nothing for obama, if she loses, it means nothing.

    He should have been up there before yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    The other thing we will see is a massive panic in regards to the healthcare bill and ALL the stops will be pulled out with that--to pass it no matter what. I imagine, that there will be a recount, and accusations of "voter intimidation" as well, should Brown somehow win. Then there will be a legal waiting period to certify, and then I expect that every possible effort will be made by Reid to NOT seat Brown.
    Dems have already explored the "nuke" option or rushing it through... so no matter if they win in MA or not, Health Care will pass. It is going... of course, all the drama from the republicans would make you believe MA will make a difference. Not on this bill....


    Will rep take MA? Who knows...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Interesting when a liberal like Coakley makes a fool of herself she is an "intelligent" person, but when a Conservative utters something foolish (like Palin) she is branded a moron.

    KAM
    In both Palin's and Coakley's cases, I think the gaffes came from simply not being prepared for a campaign. I'm a little annoyed at Coakley because she should have envisioned this possibility. Maybe I'm giving Coakley a bit more latitude because I've actually voted for her as AG in the past. My impression was that Palin made more gaffes and more consistently while Coakley's gaffes might just be a result of a "bad day or two". I could be wrong, because Coakley did not need to "talk" her primary campaign.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Interesting when a liberal like Coakley makes a fool of herself she is an "intelligent" person, but when a Conservative utters something foolish (like Palin) she is branded a moron.

    KAM
    Actually, if you read what was said and how it was said, you would retract that statement.

    Palin simply did not know... Coakley makes statements that are odd.

    Palin: I can see the moon from my house. I'm an astronaut! (she did not say that... but hopefully you get the joke... and know with what I'm speaking).

    She was not prepared for the job of VP. Glad she is able to cash out on her success.

    Making a fool of yourself and not understanding subject matter are two different things. Maybe you don't think so... maybe you think Bush should be hired to teach public speaking classes at a university as well.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Actually, if you read what was said and how it was said, you would retract that statement.

    Palin simply did not know... Coakley makes statements that are odd.

    Palin, I can see the moon from my house. I'm an astronaut!

    She was not prepared for the job of VP. Glad she is able to cash out on her success.

    Making a fool of yourself and not understanding subject matter is two different things. Maybe you don't think so... I guess you think Bush should be hired to teach public speaking classes at a university as well.
    Well, actually, what I'm referring to is how stupid comments are then characterized--mainly by the media. People say stupid things--where it goes from there is somewhat beyond the person who says them.
    In other words--its all about what people are made to believe, based on what someone says--not what the people actually know or do not know.

    It isn't that I don't think there is a difference between misspeaking and not knowing the subject matter--I'm saying that you have little basis for declaring which is which. What I'm saying is that someone is seen as a moron, because the media tells us so. They tell us that Conservatives are morons and liberals are intellectuals who just speak poorly.

    MY personal view is that most politicians are morons, but some are given cover while others are condemned because of it.

    KAM
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Well, actually, what I'm referring to is how stupid comments are then characterized--mainly by the media. People say stupid things--where it goes from there is somewhat beyond the person who says them.
    In other words--its all about what people are made to believe, based on what someone says--not what the people actually know or do not know.

    It isn't that I don't think there is a difference between misspeaking and not knowing the subject matter--I'm saying that you have little basis for declaring which is which. What I'm saying is that someone is seen as a moron, because the media tells us so. They tell us that Conservatives are morons and liberals are intellectuals who just speak poorly.

    MY personal view is that most politicians are morons, but some are given cover while others are condemned because of it.

    KAM
    You can listen to the media... I read what was said in each case. Well, not all of each...

    In other words, you are talking about what you think is true vs. what is true... you think people on this site allow the media to tell us what is true or false. Okay, that sounds fair. Maybe some do... not sure.

    I think you have a strong basis for opinion if you read the statements and take what was said from each.

    Palin simply did not know. No other references.

    Coakley might not have know, but her one comment seemed like an attempt to attack someone else. I give people the doubt.

    I wanted to give Palin the doubt.

    I've personally known some politicians and I don't think they are morons... not even most. That is like saying most police are stupid. I hear that a lot as well... or most people in gov't.

    Blanket comments like those make me believe that most people who make them are morons. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  13. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Not really... NJ and VA was explained to death. Look at history and the candidates...
    Well, I think that it was spun to death, if that's what you mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If MA goes Rep, then dems have a problem... that would be a major blow... hit in the gut... that would give republicans something to talk about....
    True, but I am quite sure that the same people that spun the Governor's races will be out in full force explaining why this ISN'T a major blow.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Yes, the president went up yesterday... wow... like that made a huge difference... he did show his face, only as a last attempt to rally the troops.

    He went up to get dems to get out to vote... nothing more, nothing less. He did not go up to change minds. Will dems get out? Kennedy's wife told dems to get out to vote. Guess if they don't, she is a failure as well?
    Well, we don't really know what influence he had or didn't have do we? If Coakley wins, Democrats will claim that Obama was a major reason, and that this is an indication that the people support his policies. If she loses, they will say she was a weak candidate, and not even President Obama could save her.

    If Coakley wins, the Republicans on the other hand will say that, the Republican never had a chance in a blue state anyway. If Brown wins, they will declare this an indication that the country is against Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If the dem wins, it means nothing for obama, if she loses, it means nothing.
    You really think that? I think this means a HUGE amount either way for the Democrats. Republicans can just say "oh well" if they lose--status quo upheld.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    He should have been up there before yesterday.
    Well, that is if you think he is a help, but not if you want to be able to claim that if he was up there earlier it would have helped more. This is all about mitigating damage I think. There is no way that Democrats want to put the President in the position of this being a Referendum on him, but at the same time, they are very worried about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Dems have already explored the "nuke" option or rushing it through... so no matter if they win in MA or not, Health Care will pass. It is going... of course, all the drama from the republicans would make you believe MA will make a difference. Not on this bill....
    Yes, it is very likely to pass--but in what form. If they cannot hold off Brown being seated, their hand will be forced, which may include trying to pass the Senate version directly through the house--which has a good chance of failing. OR they will have to resort to various other forms of trickery (bypassing or trampling Senate rules). They are already trampling the Conference committee process.

    The results of this election definitely CAN make a difference--and both sides have campaigned on that exact claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Will rep take MA? Who knows...
    It is obvious no one knows--that's why it is speculation.

    KAM
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    In both Palin's and Coakley's cases, I think the gaffes came from simply not being prepared for a campaign. I'm a little annoyed at Coakley because she should have envisioned this possibility. Maybe I'm giving Coakley a bit more latitude because I've actually voted for her as AG in the past. My impression was that Palin made more gaffes and more consistently while Coakley's gaffes might just be a result of a "bad day or two". I could be wrong, because Coakley did not need to "talk" her primary campaign.
    That's possible. But then again, Palin wasn't considered a moron by Alaskans either.

    My view--the Media will make you into what they want--regardless of whether or not it is true.

    KAM
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Yes, it is very likely to pass--but in what form. If they cannot hold off Brown being seated, their hand will be forced, which may include trying to pass the Senate version directly through the house--which has a good chance of failing. OR they will have to resort to various other forms of trickery (bypassing or trampling Senate rules). They are already trampling the Conference committee process.

    The results of this election definitely CAN make a difference--and both sides have campaigned on that exact claim.
    Trampling senate rules, or simply following them? Both rep and dems use those rules... both parties use and cry about those rules. lol

    I'm not sure it makes a huge difference on Health Care... that is my point. On other stuff they want to push through, yes.

    But I'd like to see a little bit of them working together anyway... I'm not sure the republicans want to honestly work with the dems or if what the rep say is true, and the dems simply want to go it alone.

    That is the problem...

    Like most things, the truth maybe someplace in the middle of that mess.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  16. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    You can listen to the media... I read what was said in each case. Well, not all of each...

    In other words, you are talking about what you think is true vs. what is true... you think people on this site allow the media to tell us what is true or false. Okay, that sounds fair. Maybe some do... not sure.
    I can't speak to how you specifically arrive at your conclusion. What I know is that Palin was branded a moron. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. I don't know HER, and I doubt you do either. Unless you have a direct source to her, then I suspect what you know is coming through SOME level of media filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I think you have a strong basis for opinion if you read the statements and take what was said from each.

    Palin simply did not know. No other references.
    Not to derail this completely into Palin issues, but did not know what? What are you referring to specifically?

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Coakley might not have know, but her one comment seemed like an attempt to attack someone else. I give people the doubt.

    I wanted to give Palin the doubt.
    Really? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I've personally known some politicians and I don't think they are morons... not even most. That is like saying most police are stupid. I hear that a lot as well... or most people in gov't.

    Blanket comments like those make me believe that most people who make them are morons. lol
    Oh that's not a blanket comment--its based on observing them.

    KAM
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    That's possible. But then again, Palin wasn't considered a moron by Alaskans either.

    My view--the Media will make you into what they want--regardless of whether or not it is true.

    KAM
    When you are asked a simple question and can't answer it, I'm sorry... maybe not a moron, but definitely not ready to be VP.

    You actually believe Palin was ready to be VP?

    She went on to leave Alaska... early... what a disaster. He avoided that one. Good job for the media...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Trampling senate rules, or simply following them? Both rep and dems use those rules... both parties use and cry about those rules. lol
    Well, as a citizen, I'd like to think that rules are more than something to be manipulated to trample the People's representatives when the other side has a majority.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I'm not sure it makes a huge difference on Health Care... that is my point. On other stuff they want to push through, yes.

    But I'd like to see a little bit of them working together anyway... I'm not sure the republicans want to honestly work with the dems or if what the rep say is true, and the dems simply want to go it alone.

    That is the problem...

    Like most things, the truth maybe someplace in the middle of that mess.
    Well, my view is that most politicians are interested in what is best for them, and are dedicated to that instead of doing the jobs we send them to do. Right now, the Democrat Controlled congress is dedicated to passing a Healthcare bill that does not have the support of the American people--instead of even considering whether this is what the American people want, they are racing ahead. In other words--they are following THEIR agenda, not the agenda of the American people.

    They play their games and the people pay the price. My view (call it a blanket statement if you wish) is that the American people aren't being well served by Democrats or Republicans, and most of the country is too indoctrinated into that D vs R mindset to hold any of them accountable.

    KAM
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Not to derail this completely into Palin issues, but did not know what? What are you referring to specifically?

    Here you go: Google

    Yes, blanket statement from personally knowing some... big difference from making that assumption from not even being around them. Just an assumption... my point was that being negative gets you negative results.

    Walking around with moron on your shoulder... well....

    Have to go do some work now... almost noon....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  20. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    When you are asked a simple question and can't answer it, I'm sorry... maybe not a moron, but definitely not ready to be VP.

    You actually believe Palin was ready to be VP?

    She went on to leave Alaska... early... what a disaster. He avoided that one. Good job for the media...
    I think pretty much anyone is ready to be VP. I think the question you want to ask is whether they are ready to be President. So, to answer your question...no, I didn't think the Sarah Palin was ready to be President. Neither did I think that President Obama was ready to be President, but we elected him anyway--again why? Right, the Media told us to, and we did.

    KAM
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions