Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 115
  1. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Really? And how many of you yahoos blowing off steam about how incompetent he is voted for him and changed your minds? How about...NONE? Like most republicans, you have only wanted him to fail from the time he was elected. You're not racist, you're biased against democrats. There is no democrat who followed their party's platform that you wouldn't be saying the same thing about....that's why your comments are so humorous.
    Yes, because you are so CLEARLY objective about Republicans.

    Actually, it seems to me that people are unhappy with the President for a number of reasons. Take very simple ones, like blatantly lying about a variety of transparency issues. He is in complete control of that, and harped on it during the campaign, but when it comes time to put up, he just blatantly breaks these vows. Instead, he has his minions put forth these laughable plans from their little conferences and DECLARES how transparent they are or will be.

    If President Obama actually did what he said he would do: Be Transparent, engage in bipartisanship, not spend recklessly, and be pragmatic instead of an ideologue, then perhaps people wouldn't feel the need to express their disappointment in him.

    What's amazing, isn't that a politician lies so openly, its how easily they get away with it. I guess that's partially due to people like you, busily attacking anyone who criticizes him. Congratulations--you are part of the problem, helping us maintain bad government.

    As far as wanting President Obama to fail. No, you are wrong. Many people like myself realize how destructive that the tactics that Democrats followed during the Bush administration are, and how it harms out Nation. We see how even now, people such as you (with your pathetic "we inherited it" moaning) continue with that to this day. No--that's what Democrats do--about all they do really--as you keep demonstrating. Stop projecting your small-minded blame-game stuff on everyone else.

    Some of us know that sniping at the President, and declaring everything a "failed policy" is harmful to the country. Democrats, we've seen don't care--they are more than willing to harm the country in order to gain political advantage. It seems some Republicans have adopted that same tactic, but not me.

    I want President Obama's Presidency to be successful, because that means American is Successful. YOU might not be able to separate your political hatred, but I can. However, President Obama's success doesn't mean that I agree with all or even most of his plans. I think that many of them do more harm than good, and I have every right to disagree with them. Unlike Democrats for the last Decade, it doesn't mean I have to hate him, or heap scorn on him at every turn--it means I disagree with him. I know that you might think that only YOUR disagreement is acceptable, while others isn't, and as such you seek to falsely characterize it, but that's not the case.

    I don't hate President Obama, or wish him ill, or pray for his failure--again, that's the sort of destructive behavior I've observed from kook democrats (which I should separate from the many fine people in this country who are democrats) over the last 8 years. I'm not going to mimic their hateful, destructive tactics, even though they work very well.

    Lastly--I don't know who you think you are in labeling other people's motives, as if you define their thoughts and views. You have demonstrated that you are one of the most biased people here, and yet you whine and cry about how partisan, or biased others are.

    To be honest, I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of the political games of Republicans and Democrats, and the idiots who blindly parrot them and go along with their game--to the detriment of the American people. I've said it many times before--this is a struggle between the people and their out of control government. Our "leaders" can choose to be with the People, and work within the bounds of the Constitution, or be against us. Too many of them are against us as I see it, and sooner or later that is going to have to change. Hopefully sooner.

    KAM
  2. #22  
    I seriously doubt the account of the referenced story by the OP.

    Referencing a Washington Post story (not exactly a champion of conservatives), Sarah's father was a science teacher who didn't tolerate bad grades and Sarah was an honor student in high school.

    Sally Jenkins on Sarah Palin's Alaska Roots - washingtonpost.com

    I just have a hard time believing that she lacked such a basic level of US history. There's really nothing to support that other than a word of a defeated handler.

    Actually, I doubt anything that McCain's handlers say. They didn't want Palin to be involved in the campaign although they knew she was the reason McCain jumped in the polls and drew huge crowds. It's quite possible that the guy is trying to make it look as though she's the reason McCain lost the race because he wants to land a job in the future.

    Let's face it, there are a number of people that are so threatened by Palin's appeal (and political success) that they are more than eager to concoct and/or believe lies about her. The fact that so many people attributed the "I can see Russia from my house." quote to her shows how willing people are to latch on to a lie when they hold such a deep level of hatred for someone. They throw common sense out the window.

    People on the Left are very afraid of Palin's appeal. "In time we hate that which we often fear." - William Shakespeare
  3. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I seriously doubt the account of the referenced story by the OP.

    Referencing a Washington Post story (not exactly a champion of conservatives), Sarah's father was a science teacher who didn't tolerate bad grades and Sarah was an honor student in high school.

    Sally Jenkins on Sarah Palin's Alaska Roots - washingtonpost.com

    I just have a hard time believing that she lacked such a basic level of US history. There's really nothing to support that other than a word of a defeated handler.

    Actually, I doubt anything that McCain's handlers say. They didn't want Palin to be involved in the campaign although they knew she was the reason McCain jumped in the polls and drew huge crowds. It's quite possible that the guy is trying to make it look as though she's the reason McCain lost the race because he wants to land a job in the future.

    Let's face it, there are a number of people that are so threatened by Palin's appeal (and political success) that they are more than eager to concoct and/or believe lies about her. The fact that so many people attributed the "I can see Russia from my house." quote to her shows how willing people are to latch on to a lie when they hold such a deep level of hatred for someone. They throw common sense out the window.

    People on the Left are very afraid of Palin's appeal. "In time we hate that which we often fear." - William Shakespeare
    Like I said--sounds like a big CYA from a campaign staff that did a PATHETIC job in general. McCain blew his debates much worse than Palin. In fact--I think Palin did just fine in comparison to old Joe Biden, although not much of a comparison, given that he has a history of stupid things falling from his mouth. For some reason though--I sort of like the guy--I don't agree with him, but he just seems...well, likable in some ways.

    Also--as I said--I'm not going to take on the burden of defending Sarah Palin, but it strikes me as laughable that people are latching onto these stories that say more about the intelligence of the people buying into them, than they do about Palin's.

    No--it is much more likely that this is just more of the same tactic that the Left uses--accuse anyone who disagrees with them (primarily conservatives) as being stupid, while touting their own "intelligence," (Read--liberal ideology). They portray raving lunatics like Al Gore as brilliant minds for example. It's the same reason they insisted that President Bush was an *****, and Reagan was a fool--its just their playbook.

    Now, is Sarah Palin a scholar? I doubt it, but I know several of highly educated morons. It does underscore (again) the point--Sarah Palin MUST be destroyed. It's gotten way beyond petty. It's really sort of perverse. Is this sort of demeaning hatred really acceptable? Is this the level that we should cheer and yuck it up about, or is this really just demonstrating how low we've sunk--regardless of whether you agree or disagree with Palin's views?

    KAM
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    "Raving lunatics like Al Gore"--really? I guess that's not out of any "playbook."

    It would be nice if the Republicans actually supported a candidate who sounded smart. Bush and Palin certainly don't. McCain did, but, to get the religious right vote, totally went 180 on everything he stood for.

    I really hope that Sarah Palin does get the Republican nomination next time--the public would listen to her meandering in the debates again and we'd all have a great chuckle. Presidential material? You kidding me?!
    Yes, Gore looked very presidential and sounded smart..... until you actually checked what he's saying. Did you know that according to Gore, "the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees"? The guy's a moron.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #25  
    One thing that everyone should take notice of... I have never seen a president that divide's a country so much. That should tell you something.
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Al Gore, "a moron"? really?

    You may not like his politics or his ideas, but I doubt he's a moron.
    Ok, maybe that was a snarky shot. I agree. But he spills out incorrect information as gospel. He's an evangelist of mistruth - and that's documented, not just opinion. Personally I like him, though. Nice guy!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Forgotten about the last 8 years?
    Everyone hated Bush. LOL At least at the end.
  8. #28  
    I've always wondered why the "party of the people" ever thought that "unborn people" aren't really people. They hid behind a lot of hypothetical ideas like "not a person" if "not viable" instead of using common sense. Clearly science (ie: DNA analysis) now shows that a new and distinct life is created at conception. With one in four pregnancies now ending in voluntary termination, might we think that some of our economic problems (ie: an economy that uses third-world labor, instead of our own, and an economy that can't support the retirement of it's aging population) are caused simply because we as a country can no longer sustain ourselves.

    It turns out that the Kennedys were responsible for shifting the party of the people to this illogical position. We have people who would be more naturally aligned with the old democratic party now being called "religious right" because that's the only way they can be "shoehorned" into the republican party. I really hope that someday another party emerges that has democratic principles (without the pork) yet still maintains that all "humans" should have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Oops, I'm becoming an idealist now - I'm about to get lumped in with Obama and Carter. I guess I'm a lot like Obama only with a little more common sense.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Really? And how many of you yahoos blowing off steam about how incompetent he is voted for him and changed your minds? How about...NONE? Like most republicans, you have only wanted him to fail from the time he was elected. You're not racist, you're biased against democrats. There is no democrat who followed their party's platform that you wouldn't be saying the same thing about....that's why your comments are so humorous.
    Excellent post.....I mean....democrats were always backing Bush and praising him. I never heard a single negative comment about him. Pelosi, Reid, and the liberals on CNN and MSNBC were always running story after story on how much they liked his ideas and policies. I think even David Letterman was a big fan of Prez Bush. I gotta admit I'm a little embarrassed that Republicans aren't supporting Obama the way democrats supported Bush. So excellent point once again Davidra!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Really? And how many of you yahoos blowing off steam about how incompetent he is voted for him and changed your minds? How about...NONE? Like most republicans, you have only wanted him to fail from the time he was elected. You're not racist, you're biased against democrats. There is no democrat who followed their party's platform that you wouldn't be saying the same thing about....that's why your comments are so humorous.
    I am still confused how you have any business discussing this. You have no expertise in being a republican. How can you possibly comment?

    Basically the same thing you said to all those opposed to obamacare in one of the other threads. Those not in healthcare have no understanding and there for should shut up.

    At least youre consistent.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Do you really think anyone could do this in one year? He's tried bipartisanship--the Republicans have stood against his positions for political gain. He is spending to get us our of the Great Recession--looks like it's working. Bush was a conservative and his massive spending doubled the debt.

    Let's stop pretending that the conservatives' talk of "disappointment" with Obama has ANYTHING to do with what Obama has actually done.
    Could he be Transparent in one year? Obviously yes--it takes effort to NOT be transparent. He lied about it, and you aren't willing to accept it.

    Bipartisanship? No--that's incorrect--at the first sign of differing opinion, he runs off to a Democrat Congressional meeting and pretends he still campaigning. He lets loose his Congressional Cronies to box out Republicans in the house almost completely, and as we are seeing now--he continues to do this. Any claim of "bipartisanship" is a joke.

    Spending to get us out of a Recession working. Yes, the same idiots who follow this moronic plan are the ones touting its success--I'm sure that is objective. The idea is to stimulate the private sector--not merely spend money. Apparently, neither you, the Congress or the President understands this.

    Yes, President Bush made very bad spending choices--and that's why Republicans are out of power--because voters believed the ludicrous lie that Democrats would restrain spending. Instead they immediately took every payoff possible and bundled it into a "stimulus package" that causes massive ADDITIONAL damage due to debt and devaluing our currency.

    Let's have you stop attempting to create a little fantasy reality. I'll tell you what I think or don't. I didn't want Obama as President, but when he won, I said "Let's give him a chance." I wanted to let him live up to his promises in the areas I mentioned. He hasn't, and has instead followed every leftist special interest demand out there, violating whatever promises he made whenever it suits him. His actions are his responsibility. Stop blaming others for his failings.

    KAM
  12. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I absolutely agree. But I question when someone seems to only talk about "out of control" governments when Democrats are running DC.

    Why do I doubt you were on your soapbox against government the 8 years before that?
    Well, you probably doubt me, because your reaction is always to distort instead of asking questions to find the real answer.

    You don't know anything about me or my views beyond what is said here--nor would you be expected to. However, pushing your imagined view on me is just ignorant.

    To help you out of that self-imposed pit of ignorance, I'll inform you that my principles regarding Federalism, small government, fiscal restraint, have been long held.

    You really don't seem to understand that Others, unlike you have views for reasons, not because we are following some mantra foisted on us by a particular political party. Apparently its hard for someone without consistent views and reasoning to understand that this is actually possible.

    KAM
  13. #33  
    You know, I really am not so much a Bush fan at all. I think that he abandoned why people voted for him in the first place. He expanded federal debt and really screwed over future generations. That being said...

    You know when Bush's approval rating really sunk... 2007 forward.

    Was trying to think of what happened at that point to turn the tide of public opinion against him so forcefully. Oh yeah, Democrats took control of the House and Senate and ran the economy into the ground.

    Prior to Democrats taking control the DOW was pushing 14k and my 401k wasn't a 101k....

    Prior to Democrats taking control, my job at a large Insurance company had no ceiling. Now all the doors and windows are closed and I am stuck in my cubicle with no way up....

    So yeah, Bush sucked, but only because as one person you do not control the destiny of the country no matter how many Cheney's you have.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/14/2010 at 10:50 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You know, I really am not so much a Bush fan at all. I think that he abandoned why people voted for him in the first place. He expanded federal debt and really screwed over future generations. That being said...

    You know when Bush's approval rating really sunk... 2007 forward.

    Was trying to think of what happened at that point to turn the tide of public opinion against him so forcefully. Oh yeah, Democrats took control of the House and Senate and ran the economy into the ground.

    Prior to Democrats taking control the DOW was pushing 14k and my 401k wasn't a 101k....

    Prior to Democrats taking control, my job at a large Insurance company had no ceiling. Now all the doors and windows are closed and I am stuck in my cubicle with no way up....

    So yeah, Bush sucked, but only because as one person you do not control the destiny of the country no matter how many Cheney's you have.
    You bring up a good point. The Presidential Campaign of 2008, and many people here depend on forwarding the false notion that Democrats were just helpless victims and had nothing to do with the economy crashing. When in fact--when you start looking at key players, you will find they have deep democratic roots and are related to democrat policies just as much if not more than Republican ones.

    These people rely on the ignorance of the American Public that is led to believe that the President controls the economy. He doesn't. Congress has much more influence, but of course, government isn't the only influence. Government can do great harm to the economy, and late in the Bush Administration, The Democrat Congress and President did just that. Those idiotic policies were accelerated under the Democrat Congress and President Obama. 4 more years of George Bush...indeed. Ironically, that is exactly what happened. President Obama at the peak of his popularity followed the same moronic path as a crippled President Bush. They both claim to be "saving" the economy, while greatly damaging it.

    Now, people such as myself are willing to say "this is bad"--for both of them. The Obama supporters here say it is bad when Bush does it, but ok when Obama does it--complete hypocrites.

    The leftists told so many lies and did nothing but Attack President Bush for so long, that they really don't understand anything else. They were willing to harm the country, our soldiers in the field and the economy, because they saw an advantage in attacking everything the President did, and blaming him for everything whether it was his fault or not. They don't know anything else. So, they assume that everyone else is as pathetic, and hate-filled as they are. It is easy to justify lowly behavior by projecting that on everyone else.

    The Future of the Republican Party (if there is one) will be to start listening to the People. The people who have finally woken up to the reckless, dangerous and moronic actions of their government. The People vs the Government has ALWAYS been the struggle. The Republican party will have a future--if they get their act together, and reject the actions they followed in the past--reckless spending being a very important one.

    If they serve the people, they have a future...if not...well, they are no better than any other politician dedicated to treating the people of this nation like serfs, rather than their bosses.

    KAM
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I am still confused how you have any business discussing this. You have no expertise in being a republican. How can you possibly comment?

    Basically the same thing you said to all those opposed to obamacare in one of the other threads. Those not in healthcare have no understanding and there for should shut up.

    At least youre consistent.
    And my assumption is, therefore, that you have no business discussing democrats. However, I won't bother to suggest that you shut up. And just so you know, just like the republicans would like everyone to forget that 9/11 happened during a republican administration, many people, including myself, were very supportive of Bush after 9/11. He took what was a bipartisan mandate and high approval ratings and smashed it apart by a series of either moronic decisions....or decisions calculated to make money for his buddies. Love those wars, you know. Mission accomplished, right? Yep, people attacked Bush. But as you always say, we never stop bringing up Bush. Oh....sorry....the rightwingers brought him up.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Yes, because you are so CLEARLY objective about Republicans.

    Actually, it seems to me that people are unhappy with the President for a number of reasons. Take very simple ones, like blatantly lying about a variety of transparency issues. He is in complete control of that, and harped on it during the campaign, but when it comes time to put up, he just blatantly breaks these vows. Instead, he has his minions put forth these laughable plans from their little conferences and DECLARES how transparent they are or will be.

    If President Obama actually did what he said he would do: Be Transparent, engage in bipartisanship, not spend recklessly, and be pragmatic instead of an ideologue, then perhaps people wouldn't feel the need to express their disappointment in him.

    What's amazing, isn't that a politician lies so openly, its how easily they get away with it. I guess that's partially due to people like you, busily attacking anyone who criticizes him. Congratulations--you are part of the problem, helping us maintain bad government.

    As far as wanting President Obama to fail. No, you are wrong. Many people like myself realize how destructive that the tactics that Democrats followed during the Bush administration are, and how it harms out Nation. We see how even now, people such as you (with your pathetic "we inherited it" moaning) continue with that to this day. No--that's what Democrats do--about all they do really--as you keep demonstrating. Stop projecting your small-minded blame-game stuff on everyone else.

    Some of us know that sniping at the President, and declaring everything a "failed policy" is harmful to the country. Democrats, we've seen don't care--they are more than willing to harm the country in order to gain political advantage. It seems some Republicans have adopted that same tactic, but not me.

    I want President Obama's Presidency to be successful, because that means American is Successful. YOU might not be able to separate your political hatred, but I can. However, President Obama's success doesn't mean that I agree with all or even most of his plans. I think that many of them do more harm than good, and I have every right to disagree with them. Unlike Democrats for the last Decade, it doesn't mean I have to hate him, or heap scorn on him at every turn--it means I disagree with him. I know that you might think that only YOUR disagreement is acceptable, while others isn't, and as such you seek to falsely characterize it, but that's not the case.

    I don't hate President Obama, or wish him ill, or pray for his failure--again, that's the sort of destructive behavior I've observed from kook democrats (which I should separate from the many fine people in this country who are democrats) over the last 8 years. I'm not going to mimic their hateful, destructive tactics, even though they work very well.

    Lastly--I don't know who you think you are in labeling other people's motives, as if you define their thoughts and views. You have demonstrated that you are one of the most biased people here, and yet you whine and cry about how partisan, or biased others are.

    To be honest, I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of the political games of Republicans and Democrats, and the idiots who blindly parrot them and go along with their game--to the detriment of the American people. I've said it many times before--this is a struggle between the people and their out of control government. Our "leaders" can choose to be with the People, and work within the bounds of the Constitution, or be against us. Too many of them are against us as I see it, and sooner or later that is going to have to change. Hopefully sooner.

    KAM
    All I have to say about most of what you wrote, except for the last paragraph, is "you lie". Most people are not unhappy with the president. With the singular exception of that paragon of conservative polling, Rasmussen, the other 6 polls show either no difference or higher approval than disapproval. Overall, even including the biased Rasmussen poll, there is an excess of 2.6% favoring him. I have to say I love using Real Clear Politics for this source

    Second, let's have some real clear examples of where he has blatantly lied. Most people don't see it that way, do they?

    Thirdly, I will gladly take credit for the administration we have, but not the government we have. It exceeds the alternative by a gazillion. As for the government, it would be dramatically improved if one party wasn't so determined to see the current administration fail. And if you really actually don't believe that, there is no hope.

    Fourth, it's very interesting that those who seem so upset about how negative the democrats were about Bush, and how that harmed the country because he wasn't supportive, continue the same hypocritical attitude toward Obama. And I don't believe you, sorry. You have yet to show me that you really want Obama to succeed, and in fact that you ever did. You don't like his policies, the same policies that exist in the democratic platform. You can cover it up with your own lies about lying, or about how he is responsible for the economic mess he inherited, but you are so blatantly transparent in your criticism that it's laughable.

    So how bout this? If you don't support the commander in chief of the country, if you don't like the way the country is being run, then feel free to move. If you're not willing to allow the duly elected leader of the country to lead, then don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way to ....let's see. Where would you go? Where is there an autocratic western country that doesn't provide health care for it's citizens, or who doesn't believe in made-up wars, or where the rights of the working class are ignored and the rights of industry and big business and profit trump the rights of the people? Oh. I guess there aren't any of those. Maybe you can start one.
  17. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    He took what was a bipartisan mandate and high approval ratings and smashed it apart by a series of either moronic decisions....or decisions calculated to make money for his buddies.
    Bipartisan mandate to do what?

    KAM
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post


    The leftists told so many lies and did nothing but Attack President Bush for so long, that they really don't understand anything else. They were willing to harm the country, our soldiers in the field and the economy, because they saw an advantage in attacking everything the President did, and blaming him for everything whether it was his fault or not. They don't know anything else. So, they assume that everyone else is as pathetic, and hate-filled as they are. It is easy to justify lowly behavior by projecting that on everyone else.

    The Future of the Republican Party (if there is one) will be to start listening to the People. The people who have finally woken up to the reckless, dangerous and moronic actions of their government. The People vs the Government has ALWAYS been the struggle. The Republican party will have a future--if they get their act together, and reject the actions they followed in the past--reckless spending being a very important one.

    If they serve the people, they have a future...if not...well, they are no better than any other politician dedicated to treating the people of this nation like serfs, rather than their bosses.

    KAM

    I didn't realize you were such a well-known economist with such spectacular experience in the field that you are willing to state that economic experts in both adminstrations were flat out wrong and knew nothing. Why....we should give you the Nobel Prize for....what would it be....Fantasy?

    The left attacked Bush because he was wrong. He invaded a country under false pretenses and was personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. The right attacks Obama because he wants to provide health care for all, and intends to make the country pay for it, just like every other developed country. That may be a simplistic leftist view...but that's the way I see it. Can you describe it in any other way?

    Hilariously, you keep coming back to the same tired argument. The most important thing is the people vs. the government. Are you a skinhead, a separatist, involved in a militia, or a domestic terrorist? That's what they say. Sounds amazingly similar.

    The government is the people. That's how our government is set up, has been set up since the beginning. Your argument makes a lot of sense....if you live in a dictatorship. We don't. Au contraire, it's about the people supporting the government, not fighting them. Until we do that, we will get nowhere.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Bipartisan mandate to do what?

    KAM
    To catch the terrorists who attacked us. He failed. Or did you forget that?
  20. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    All I have to say about most of what you wrote, except for the last paragraph, is "you lie". Most people are not unhappy with the president.
    Well, I guess all I have to say about you, then is that you lack reading comprehension. I didn't say MOST people there did I? No, I said "people." if you are unclear as to what that meant could be stated another way. "People that are unhappy with President Obama" are unhappy because...

    I pointed out a legitimate point that indeed is making various people unhappy, and you say that is a lie. That's ridiculous, but it works for you I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    With the singular exception of that paragon of conservative polling, Rasmussen, the other 6 polls show either no difference or higher approval than disapproval. Overall, even including the biased Rasmussen poll, there is an excess of 2.6% favoring him. I have to say I love using Real Clear Politics for this source
    Oh yes--Rasmussen is so biased, because it is unfavorable towards Obama. Pathetic. Just go ahead and forget that Rasumssen has a pretty solid record of accuracy. I believe that one major difference is that Rasmussen tends to not allow leaners. I think you will noticed that the approval numbers are in fact right in the range of all the others. The difference is that in their polling apparently the undecideds break for disapproval. I'm sure you could read up on their methodology if you were interested instead of simply dismissing things that you disagree with.

    And why wouldn't you want to use Real Clear Politics--its a fine resource. Of course, you are the one who looks silly for criticizing them earlier, because as you see--they are merely conveying the information--reporting.

    Second, let's have some real clear examples of where he has blatantly lied. Most people don't see it that way, do they?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Thirdly, I will gladly take credit for the administration we have, but not the government we have. It exceeds the alternative by a gazillion. As for the government, it would be dramatically improved if one party wasn't so determined to see the current administration fail. And if you really actually don't believe that, there is no hope.
    Yeah, didn't I say that? So, was it ok with you to have the Democrats sniping at the heels of the Bush administration at every turn? Or are you going to justify that as a good thing? Its ok to do everything possible to make the Bush administration fail (and in fact, declare that is has, and you know--declare military actions by our soldiers "lost," before they even undertake a plan). However, if someone wants the Obama administration to fail...well, that's a problem? Amazing hypocrisy.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Fourth, it's very interesting that those who seem so upset about how negative the democrats were about Bush, and how that harmed the country because he wasn't supportive, continue the same hypocritical attitude toward Obama. And I don't believe you, sorry. You have yet to show me that you really want Obama to succeed, and in fact that you ever did.
    You are really interesting. You regularly display open hypocrisy--just the opposite of what you accuse me of. Wow, you don't believe me. Big shock--you don't believe anything that doesn't fit in your narrow, hateful distorted little view of the world.

    Show you? Like I'm obligated to show you anything. Bottom line--I want our country to succeed. When ANY administration does things that I think threaten our country--then I'll say so, and if that means that a particular plan doesn't succeed...well, that's called being an American.

    I want American to Succeed, and if that goes along with The Obama administration succeeding...great. I'll be happy that we are on the same page. If he succeeds in robbing me of my ability to take care of my family, or succeeds in giving massive handouts to his Union pals at SEIU, or succeeds in pandering to Dictators in Iran, or Succeeds in selling out our allies in Poland to help beg the Russians, or succeeds in spiking our Debt, then that doesn't help American in my view.

    Again--YOU are the one who can't seem to separate the policy from the person. I don't hate President Obama. I simply don't agree with him on many things. Are you saying that I don't have this right? If not, then spare me your faux indignation.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You don't like his policies, the same policies that exist in the democratic platform. You can cover it up with your own lies about lying, or about how he is responsible for the economic mess he inherited, but you are so blatantly transparent in your criticism that it's laughable.
    I think its pretty openly clear that I dislike many of his policies.

    However, you are lying to yourself if you think that President Obama has not lied to the American people. Deny it all you want.

    I'm not trying to hid my criticism. I criticize what I disagree with. Again--you just can't seem to process that to realize that I'm not like you--I can separate the policy from the person. Just because you're a petty little hater who blames George Bush for the world's problems, doesn't mean I have to share that childish mindset.

    I don't believe I said that President Obama was responsible for the economic mess we are in. I think a lot of what he is doing will end up making it worse--and in that way he is very similar to President Bush. President Obama (then Senator) is responsible for not offering any solutions, for doing nothing, while sitting in a place of considerable power, but he's not unique in that. Of course he is happy to blame everyone else, while pretending he was an innocent bystander. I'd love to hear what he proposed as a Senator to try and prevent this economic problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    So how bout this? If you don't support the commander in chief of the country, if you don't like the way the country is being run, then feel free to move.
    Oh my goodness, what a pathetic little reversal. Love it or leave it eh? Actually, I am in strong support of President Obama as Commander in Chief. I wish he would be somewhat more aggressive, but I'm behind his Afghanistan policy for example, and glad he hasn't engaged in a reckless pullout from Iraq as his kook leftist supporters would demand.

    You would be well served to stop with your fantasizing about what you think you know about my views.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    If you're not willing to allow the duly elected leader of the country to lead, then don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way to ....let's see.
    Yes, I'm sure you followed your own advice while whining about President Bush.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Where would you go? Where is there an autocratic western country that doesn't provide health care for it's citizens, or who doesn't believe in made-up wars, or where the rights of the working class are ignored and the rights of industry and big business and profit trump the rights of the people? Oh. I guess there aren't any of those. Maybe you can start one.
    Well, you are right about one thing--I can't find a better country. Unlike, the mewling socialists looters who have a choice of so many other places to live--I do not have that choice. That's why I'm so bothered by people like you trying to destroy the last country that has any vestige of understanding liberty.

    Your little caricatures are amusing however. You read like a teenagers idea of socialism. Wake up. You're hero in the White house is cutting deals with "Big business" left and right--all for your precious train-wreck of a "Reform" bill. They are totally selling out the "rights of the people" while you cheer them along.

    As I said--congratulations, you are part of the problem. Keep on blindly cheering violations of our entire system of government--just as long as you get what you think want--at least what you see with your blinders on.

    KAM
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions