Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1.    #1  
    Global Warming is Bullcrap and it is at that..
    example
    Jiblog: Global warming worse than first thought; actually solar system warming
    "'We believe that instead of man causing global warming, he is actually causing solar system or even galaxial warming. While we cannot directly measure this, we believe increased storm intensity on Jupiter shows a clear trend.'

    Green Peace is expected to introduce a new save the solar system plan next week that will ban all carbon dioxide emissions, flatulent cows, space exploration of any type, and a quick, brutal extermination of the human species.."


    So, can we stop the bullcrap hype now? I mean come one, Penn & Teller got hundreds of Green Peace idiots to petition to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide, so it's obvious they don't know what the hell they're talking about anyhow.
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
  2. #2  
    I don't think global warming is bs, the thing is, that noone knows for sure why it is happening. Reducing co2 emissions is not a bad thing, but will it reduce global warming? Probably not. The funny thing is, we will never know. All the people riding the global warming wave are fighting (and/or getting money) for a cause that can never be proven wrong. Now that's what I call a great business idea!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    How come CRAP doesn't come up in the site filter?
    Please don't start that again... it's all about origins...

    Middle English crappe, chaff, from Old French crappe, from Medieval Latin crappa, perhaps of Germanic origin
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Germanic words are allowed but Anglo-Saxon origin words are not?

    This is getting more and more confusing.
    All I can say is if you can trace your words back to Medieval Latin.....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5. #5  
    If there is global warming then why has the trend reversed over the past year and a half and there are places on the Alaskan coast that are having to move farther inland due to Hubbard Glacier expansion? It expands at a rate of 7 feet a day. Google it and you will find several reports/articles on it. I'd list a link or two for you all but many will find fault with my choice. So search out you own.
    Just use your head and open your eyes and ears. See both side and then look outside the Governmental box. We all need to search out and ask why when someone today gives us a negative. Try this one. Why is it that you can't SEE proof for the global warming but you CAN SEE proof for a global cooling cycle?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    I don't think global warming is bs, the thing is, that noone knows for sure why it is happening. Reducing co2 emissions is not a bad thing, but will it reduce global warming? Probably not. The funny thing is, we will never know. All the people riding the global warming wave are fighting (and/or getting money) for a cause that can never be proven wrong. Now that's what I call a great business idea!
    Why not start with your own CO2 emissions? Try holding your breath and see if reducing CO2 emissions is good or bad for you.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7. #7  
    Wither or not it's actually happening the modern Scientific community has recognized it as a reality, I tend to lean toward believing that organization than certain others...
  8. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    I don't think global warming is bs, the thing is, that noone knows for sure why it is happening. Reducing co2 emissions is not a bad thing, but will it reduce global warming? Probably not. The funny thing is, we will never know. All the people riding the global warming wave are fighting (and/or getting money) for a cause that can never be proven wrong. Now that's what I call a great business idea!
    These so called scientists were manipulating data. What kind of proof are you still looking for?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Wither or not it's actually happening the modern Scientific community has recognized it as a reality, I tend to lean toward believing that organization than certain others...
    Is this the scientific community at the universities that are supported by our government?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Is this the scientific community at the universities that are supported by our government?
    Well lets hope the "scientific community" doesn't decide that anyone named alex should be killed even though there might be viable reasons for not.

    Point is, just because a group says something should be doesnt mean it should. Whatever happened to critical thinking and questioning authority?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Well lets hope the "scientific community" doesn't decide that anyone named alex should be killed even though there might be viable reasons for not.

    Point is, just because a group says something should be doesnt mean it should. Whatever happened to critical thinking and questioning authority?
    You put it nicely.
    As far as an answer. It seems that the media today, where we get most of our information from, is following it's own agenda. In the US it is a sad case. There are some good outside media sources in Canada and GB. Yet they can be swayed too. So to question authority is difficult at best. I did a search at work the other day for something dealing with the government. I used Google. and got no hits for something I knew there was a lot of information for. Then I used Ixquick and BINGO. My search page was full of informative links. Makes one wonder about Google.
  12. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Wither or not it's actually happening the modern Scientific community has recognized it as a reality, I tend to lean toward believing that organization than certain others...
    Well, a majority of the scientific community has in fact decided that global warming is the fault of manmade CO2. However, this is a HIGHLY politicized issue. I would say that this effort is led by politics, with science following political goals.

    Also--it's an important distinction to understand. The issue isn't whether or not Global Warming has occurred. It is the CAUSE of this. AGW advocates insist that it is man-made, yet there are many indications that this is a highly overstated position. Those who do not agree with all the claims are called deniers--when in fact, they simply have views that are not in lock step. For most (including me) the question isn't IF--it is why. Some claim to know why without any doubt--that there is no question. Well, it is clear to me that many have questions about many elements in these claims, but for simply having a different view--they are tarred as being akin to holocaust deniers. Surely reasonable people can understand that this is not how legitimate science is conducted.

    We have climate models that made predictions that have not come true, even in the short term, while AGW advocates keep maintaining their long term predictions and "solutions" based on these same flawed models.

    We know that very influential scientists have intentionally avoided scrutiny, and hidden their data. Why would ANY objective scientist do this? We also know that these same scientists from which many political views take their lead have engaged in a campaign to suppress the views of others who do not agree with them.

    At a minimum, I would hope people would step back from the hysteria and say "let's get the politics out of this, and get some legitimate, unbiased review of these claims. Let's not allow one side to declare "debate over" and silence those who disagree that "the science is settled." These are political tactics, not valid scientific methodology.

    KAM
  13. #13  
    Whether global warming is real or not, there is no debate, we need to clean up the air, water, the entire earth. We need not to waste our resources whether it be water, oil or trees. So whatever premise gets us to that end, I support.
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Whether global warming is real or not, there is no debate, we need to clean up the air, water, the entire earth. We need not to waste our resources whether it be water, oil or trees. So whatever premise gets us to that end, I support.
    Well, we've made very significant strides in cleaning up our actual pollution. We've reversed things, so we do not have Lake Eire catching on fire for example.

    What we don't need to be doing is to chase ghosts--claiming that a vital naturally occurring Gas be declared a Pollutant, because it helps to forward a political agenda.

    You mentioned Resources--yes very important not to waste them--that includes financial resources. How many billions of dollars would you be willing to spend on an unproven claim, instead of spending this limited resource of ACTUAL pollution.

    Bottom line for me--we need to make Intelligent decisions--not just pursue any claim.

    KAM
  15. #15  
    If cleaning up the air and water while making good use of fuels requires governmental BS, I am against it. Electric cars for example may have been a viable option and the free market was finding a way to make it work. In steps "Uncle Sam" again, after helping to create this market and now wants to change it back to some kind of burning fuel. Be it hydrogen or alcohol. The money and favors that's exchanged behind closed doors has taken us back 20 years again. All that happens in the end when the free market gets regulated is that you and I get less choice and less money to make a choice.

    If there were two companies making a product. One was "green" and the other not. Price was close. Do you not think the consumer would choose the greener product. Sure, some will not but in the end both companies would make the more "earth friendly" product due to that being where the profit is. It is a win for all.

    Back to the OP's topic. Global warming I believe is a government driven hoax. It's a way to get back door favors and control over the people. And if you believe it or not, we all know that the other side is being kept quiet and not allowed to speak.
  16. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    If there were two companies making a product. One was "green" and the other not. Price was close. Do you not think the consumer would choose the greener product. Sure, some will not but in the end both companies would make the more "earth friendly" product due to that being where the profit is. It is a win for all.
    Well, that's a good point. I think I mentioned on another forum, the commercials that ran during the last Presidential Campaign--something about the "people" (meaning this activist group) demanding alternative power. My answer was--sure--go ahead. Invest in companies that do that or start your own. Make money doing it...if you can.

    In reality, what that is about is getting the government to take money from viable companies, and give it to ones that are not, in order to satisfy their wants.

    I'm all for alternative power...if it is really an alternative. The Free market will determine if that is true or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Back to the OP's topic. Global warming I believe is a government driven hoax. It's a way to get back door favors and control over the people. And if you believe it or not, we all know that the other side is being kept quiet and not allowed to speak.
    I think Global Warming has occurred...and will again, but currently we are experiencing a cooling trend. I think that this will occur and is governed mainly by solar activity, but also natural oceanic activity, and many other natural factors. Also--man-made greenhouse gases have SOME influence. The "hoax" as you say comes in when someone makes the definitive claim that ONE factor (a relatively minor one--that being man-made CO2) can be controlled and through that we can control global temperatures. Well, that is highly unlikely, and as has been demonstrated, by nature--global temperatures deviate from CO2 concentrations significantly--and quickly.

    The fact is our understanding of what controls the climate is not anywhere near complete. The hoax is from people that tell you that they not only fully understand it, but can control it.

    It is very apparent that politicians of all sorts have their hands deep into this "climate change" issue, and whether or not, there is any DESIGNED hoax, people are certainly lining up at the trough to take advantage of the hysteria that has been created.

    Nothing like a good doomsday to separate people from their money. And literally--these AGW people are predicting doom for the world, if we do not do what they demand.

    KAM
  17. #17  
    KAM - Who are you? The facts you bring up are real, exact and to the point. You seem to be one of those few today that think outside of the box and question all, to find the proof for real FACTS. I only wish I could type it like you do. Thanks for the fresh air (no pun intended).
  18. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    KAM - Who are you? The facts you bring up are real, exact and to the point. You seem to be one of those few today that think outside of the box and question all, to find the proof for real FACTS. I only wish I could type it like you do. Thanks for the fresh air (no pun intended).
    Well, what an amazing contrast. You seem to like what I say, while others are telling me that I've never said anything of substance and that I'm basically a moron. Oh well.

    One of the major blurring tactics going on is for AGWers to attack people who don't agree with them and call them "deniers"--which is intentionally meant to put them in the same league as holocaust deniers. It is an ugly tactic, and it tells you the sort of dishonesty that you are dealing with here.

    The fact is--global temperatures have warmed in the recent past, but that has also leveled off and reversed to some degree. I don't deny global temperatures--I simply don't agree with the claims they make. The first step is to not allow propagandists to falsely label you or your views. That is what propagandists must do--distort what is said to create a situation that favors them...or that they think favors them.

    Of course, when you correct them, it makes them very, very unhappy. Generally, propagandists (successful ones) are used to their words being accepted as fact. It is dangerous to their position when someone begins to draw back the curtain.

    I believe that is why AGW advocates are so aggressive and intolerant. They know that their claims aren't nearly as solid as they feverishly insist that they are. The worst possible thing for them is that people question them.

    That's why these Climategate e-mails are so instructive--not because it speaks to data in any particularly substantive way, but because it exposes their mindset and approach, which is highly political.

    A few years ago, I had stated to friends that this was over--the AGW hysteria had won. The propaganda campaign had succeeded so well, that I thought it was over. Well, I was a bit premature on that it seems. It won't stop them from pushing the same agenda they've been pushing (without regard to any new evidence), but I think that at least some people have started to gain some level of skepticism.

    KAM
  19. #19  
    I think we should use left over stimulus money to create a giant cosmic umbrella. Whenever the "global scientific consensus" said we were too warm, we could extend our cosmic umbrella.

    Those are the kind of real answers we need.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/12/2010 at 11:15 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Why not start with your own CO2 emissions? Try holding your breath and see if reducing CO2 emissions is good or bad for you.
    Go run your car in a closed garage and see how the effects of too much CO2 affects you...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions