Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hmm, we corrupt, impoverished nations need a way to get money from those ******* rich Americans. (We already received a boatload of money but we already spent all that on the prostitutes and cocaine.) Hey, how about we all band together and force Americans to give us their money!!! But how? Oh, I know - tell them we need it to SAVE THE PLANET! Yes!!!!! Stupid, power-crazed American politicians and ridiculous Hollywood will help us sell this idea. Scientists in America all depend on money from the government so they'll say whatever we want them to. And the fat, lazy American public will buy anything provided it's marketed correctly. Now what can we call this gigantic financial scam? GLOBAL WARMING. Oh wait, the warming stopped. Ok then, how about GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE. Yes - we'll name our cause after something that occurs naturally anyway! What a genius idea. All it takes to get the ball rolling is marketing, a couple movies, and a few stupid celebrities. Those dumb Americans. They brought this upon themselves by screwing up their education. Good idea, putting government in charge of it! LOL
    As far as global warming, look at it this way. Long ago we had lightning start fires. Now we have heat being generated by every household. If global warming wasn't fact we also would not be able to heat our houses. The atmosphere is a type of insulation. It is obvious on clear nights which are colder than overcast nights. If you start billions of fires it is common sense the environment will warm.

Are people really that blind?
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 01/16/2010 at 11:04 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    As far as global warming, look at it this way. Long ago we had lightning start fires. Now we have heat being generated by every household. If global warming wasn't fact we also would not be able to heat our houses. The atmosphere is a type of insulation. It is obvious on clear nights which are colder than overcast nights. If you start billions of fires it is common sense the environment will warm.

Are people really that blind?
    There's science for you folks.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Woof, why don't you enlighten us then. The comment about heating our homes was about simply a smaller environment with a smaller fire. When I open my doors and leave the heat on I am still heating the house, as on a clear night. I did not quote science, I SAID IT IS OBVIOUS!!! Maybe instead of offering slams to everyone in this post you can actually add something of substance!
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 01/16/2010 at 11:59 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    There was no mistake. And me saying humans aren't that great, isn't a slam to begin with. But you seem to of taken it to heart, so I will deduce that there is something underlying there.

Anyway, global warming is now pretty much accepted as fact in science. The cause is still the biggest question, wether it's man made or a natural occurence. How anyone can think that all the pollution or mess we make, doesn't have any kind of affect on hte planet or atmosphere, is beyond me. I find it funny how some people will cry over a cigarette being smoked, yet dismiss, the effects of mass pollution.

Regardless, you can search and find whatever information you want that leans the direction of your original thinking. So there is no more convincing anybody (either way), because I think most people already agree or disagree with the notion of it. And in today's world there really is no more open discussion, just pointless argument. As seen here.
    Last edited by redninja; 01/17/2010 at 02:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Woof, why don't you enlighten us then. The comment about heating our homes was about simply a smaller environment with a smaller fire. When I open my doors and leave the heat on I am still heating the house, as on a clear night. I did not quote science, I SAID IT IS OBVIOUS!!! Maybe instead of offering slams to everyone in this post you can actually add something of substance!
    I beleive I understood your analogy. The insulation and the subsequent warming that would occur in your home is analogous to the greenhouse gas effect, which many people talk about when discussing the manmade global warming myth. In fact, without the greenhouse effect, we'd lose much of our heat, and temps would be around 0 degrees F around the globe (or colder). The greenhouse effect is a good thing. Kind of like the ozone layer is a good thing. And carbon dioxide is plant food. Another good thing. This whole doom and gloom fiasco is actually pretty funny.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I beleive I understood your analogy. The insulation and the subsequent warming that would occur in your home is analogous to the greenhouse gas effect, which many people talk about when discussing the manmade global warming myth. In fact, without the greenhouse effect, we'd lose much of our heat, and temps would be around 0 degrees F around the globe (or colder). The greenhouse effect is a good thing. Kind of like the ozone layer is a good thing. And carbon dioxide is plant food. Another good thing. This whole doom and gloom fiasco is actually pretty funny.
    To much insulation is not a good thing. And the rate that we are destroying plant life, leaves plenty of food left over. The fact of the matter is, the climate is changing. Wether it's manmade or not, is a guess. Throw in the poles shifting, and who knows whats gonna happen. We more than likely won't be around to find out, so I guess for us it doesn't matter. I do think though alot of disagreence on climate change, stems from religious beliefs. Which I still dont understand, I mean if ''god'' gave us this great place to inhabit, shouldn't we want to take care of it?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    To much insulation is not a good thing. And the rate that we are destroying plant life, leaves plenty of food left over. The fact of the matter is, the climate is changing. Wether it's manmade or not, is a guess. Throw in the poles shifting, and who knows whats gonna happen. We more than likely won't be around to find out, so I guess for us it doesn't matter. I do think though alot of disagreence on climate change, stems from religious beliefs. Which I still dont understand, I mean if ''god'' gave us this great place to inhabit, shouldn't we want to take care of it?
    Absolutely we need to take care of the planet, and to do what we can to reduce pollution. This was never the issue or the argument (at least for me). The issue/argument is over the ridiculous legislation and massive taxation that will be levied based on the "doom and gloom forecasts" that were spun from junk scientists like Al Gore. To listen to some of these scoundrels, we will all be living in caves soon.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234