Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68
  1. hubz1124's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Yes... so... how many carbon offsets will you be purchasing?
    lololol
  2. #42  
    Here is a good video everybody on the matter:

    Lord Monckton on Climategate | CFACT.TV
  3. #43  
    I belive global warming is a real issue, but am not sure if it will ever really affect us. I mean at the rate of deforestation, the looming food and water shortage, the honey bees dying off, ect., I think we will probably run out of resources and air before anything else. And really, I dont think our extinction is such a terrible thing. We really aren't that great of a species to begin with.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    We really aren't that great of a species to begin with.
    lol
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    lol
    Am I wrong?
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Am I wrong?
    I don't know--is the Human species..."that great"? Gee, let me think... Ok, now, I might be accused of Bias, but yeah...I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you and say that you're wrong.

    But hey--that's just my crazy pro-human opinion.

    You are right about one thing however--we are much more likely to be killed by the natural world, than we are to kill it.

    KAM
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Am I wrong?
    I'll bite.....compared to what other species? I would guess there is likely a species in the universe that is vastly superior to our species....but....for the time being that is just speculation (unless you know something you'd like to share with us all). So, that leaves comparing the human species to what we actually know about. So please expound on what species is superior to the human species. Or, are we superior to anything known, but the bar is low? If so, describe what changes would be needed to raise the bar?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  8. #48  
    Well really we haven't evolved on an intellectual level for quite some time. Other than technological advances, I mean plato was just as intelligent as we are today. But what I mean by not that great, isn't compared to any species by a level of superiority. I mean humans in general. Kids are being macheted in africa right now as we type, thrown into bonfires still alive. We kick cats and set dogs on fire. We shoot people for 10$. ect. ect. So imo, if you look at our species as a whole, it's pretty pathetic, sad really.
    Of course one could argue all the good that comes from us, but really, does it out weight the bad? And when the good is whats supposed to be, does it even count?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Well really we haven't evolved on an intellectual level for quite some time. Other than technological advances, I mean plato was just as intelligent as we are today. But what I mean by not that great, isn't compared to any species by a level of superiority. I mean humans in general. Kids are being macheted in africa right now as we type, thrown into bonfires still alive. We kick cats and set dogs on fire. We shoot people for 10$. ect. ect. So imo, if you look at our species as a whole, it's pretty pathetic, sad really.
    Of course one could argue all the good that comes from us, but really, does it out weight the bad? And when the good is whats supposed to be, does it even count?
    Do you cry yourself to sleep at night?

    I hate to break it to you but there is good and bad in the world. Get used to it. If you think humans are so bad and want to do something about it, DO SOMETHING! No offense pal but you sound like you gave up on your prozac.

    Besides that who are you to judge the rest of us.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Wither or not it's actually happening the modern Scientific community has recognized it as a reality, I tend to lean toward believing that organization than certain others...
    No as a mater of fact the scientific community has dispelled this MYTH. The only SO CALLED scientist that are on Al Gores pay roll are claming that it is real. It's all about political power & control. HILE COMRADE OBAMA & Gore of course.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Do you cry yourself to sleep at night?

    I hate to break it to you but there is good and bad in the world. Get used to it. If you think humans are so bad and want to do something about it, DO SOMETHING! No offense pal but you sound like you gave up on your prozac.

    Besides that who are you to judge the rest of us.
    Actually I sleep fine at night. I love life, and enjoy the hell out of it for the most part. I apologize that I'm intelligent enough to accept us for what we are, just a species, thats no more special than the next. All I said originally was that we aren't that great to begin with, which imo, is correct. Then you show up spewing more hyperbole. I didn't pass judgement on anyone, I just made an example of our not so great behavior, but I do pass judgement on you now, and by your avatar alone I know that you are simple. And I feel sorry for you, because your are perhaps what I speak of, unevolved. But thats neither here nor there.
    BTW, I sent 550.00$ to redcross for haiti, so dont CAP at me to do something. Of course you probably agree with Rush on the haiti matter, considering he created your avatar.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    No as a mater of fact the scientific community has dispelled this MYTH. The only SO CALLED scientist that are on Al Gores pay roll are claming that it is real. It's all about political power & control. HILE COMRADE OBAMA & Gore of course.
    Your wrong.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Actually I sleep fine at night. I love life, and enjoy the hell out of it for the most part.
    Glad to hear it. You were sounding pretty pathetic back there
    I apologize that I'm intelligent enough to accept us for what we are, just a species, thats no more special than the next.
    Perhaps I spoke too soon. I am really glad you consider your self intelligent. Doesn't make it true though. You don't consider us more special than say the horsefly? Why not? We've accomplished more havent we?
    All I said originally was that we aren't that great to begin with, which imo, is correct.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Then you show up spewing more hyperbole.
    Hmm must be a different definition that only the 'intelligent' folks get to use.
    I didn't pass judgement on anyone, I just made an example of our not so great behavior,
    Not anyone, EVERYONE.
    but I do pass judgement on you now,
    Ooh I bet that makes you feel powerful huh? To us simple folk that just makes you look like a jerk.
    and by your avatar alone I know that you are simple.
    Wow you are smart. You can discern from a picture that I am simple. Let's extrapolate from that assumption shall we. Because I make my avatar an image of obama as the Joker and call him a socialist and it bothers and makes you call me simple, I am going to deduce that you are a leftist and an Obama fan. Pretty spot on for a simpleton huh?
    And I feel sorry for you, because your are perhaps what I speak of, unevolved. But thats neither here nor there.
    Wow. I left out elitist. Spare me your sanctimonious pity.
    BTW, I sent 550.00$ to redcross for haiti, so dont CAP at me to do something.
    Aaawww isn't that great. Do I care? Does it matter? No on both. Do you need the world to know how generous you are to help yourself feel good about being part of such a substandard species?
    Of course you probably agree with Rush on the haiti matter, considering he created your avatar.
    Two things. One, I don't listen to Rush, so I dont know if I agree with him. What's his position on Haiti?
    Two my avatar was not created by Rush but by a college student. Obama Joker artist unmasked: A fellow Chicagoan | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times So much for you self proclaimed intelligence.
    Last edited by Woof; 01/16/2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: typo
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Your wrong.
    For someone so intelligent, it's "you're" not "your". You're is "you are", as in "you are wrong". Again, if you are claiming to be so intelligent (as your post claims), at least get basic stuff correct.

    We all make spelling and grammar errors in here (I could easily have the record for the most errors and probably have several errors in this post!), especially when trying to respond quickly to something, but just bugs me when people say "your" when they mean "you're". There is a difference!

    How to Use You're and Your - wikiHow
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Well really we haven't evolved on an intellectual level for quite some time. Other than technological advances, I mean plato was just as intelligent as we are today. But what I mean by not that great, isn't compared to any species by a level of superiority. I mean humans in general. Kids are being macheted in africa right now as we type, thrown into bonfires still alive. We kick cats and set dogs on fire. We shoot people for 10$. ect. ect. So imo, if you look at our species as a whole, it's pretty pathetic, sad really.
    Of course one could argue all the good that comes from us, but really, does it out weight the bad? And when the good is whats supposed to be, does it even count?
    For the record....neither I nor anyone I know has "machated or thrown kids into bonfires still alive in Africa", set dogs on fire (I may have kicked a cat, hate cats), shot people for "10$", or any other pathetic examples. Are there folks out there who do such things? Oh you bet. Some nuts even fly planes into buildings killing thousands of innocent people, all in the name of religion (again, I have not done such a thing). So I will agree with you there are just horrible people out there, but I gotta think these folks are in the minority. So, your intelligence says that because a very small percentage of people do these things, it means the species should be held accountable for their obvious mental issues? Interesting.

    I guess when thousands of our species rush to the aid of those who have suffered from a natural disaster, does that give points back to our species? You know, for showing compassion, offsetting the throwing of live children into fires? You need to look at the greater good of people rather then the smaller percent of people who are really rotten folks. Just saying.

    Now, I do believe there is a species out in the Universe that is likely far more advanced than we are, but until they are discovered I'm going to say we are a pretty advanced species with what we have to compare to. Plato was what, about 2500 years ago? 2500 years on the evolution scale is barely a blip on the radar. At least give us a reasonable amount of time to advance. By the way, ever seen a lion eat an antelope alive? Yuck, not very civil.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  16. #56  
    global warming is a joke !
    ĦṔ-ḶψΨṫ-ŦḯΨη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    For someone so intelligent, it's "you're" not "your". You're is "you are", as in "you are wrong". Again, if you are claiming to be so intelligent (as your post claims), at least get basic stuff correct.
    You're right. I also dont claim to be " so intelligent", I only said intelligent enough to see us for what we are.

    Also, my post was at 3am. They were pathetic examples, but even driving past someone on the side of the road that needs help can be thrown in there. All I said originally is we're not that great of a species to begin with. And for some reason, some of you have taken offense to it. Also, no I dont think doing good offsets the bad, the good is what we are supposed to do, so no,we shouldn't be given points for the good things we do. But its good that they get done.
  18. #58  
    @WOOF

    I don't care where your avatar came from, rush started this giant socialist push, is what I meant.

    Also, I find you no different than any other closed minded conservatives, as you use the same language and catch words they do. And since you are so offended by my original comment,I would imagine you're a fan of intelligent design, which would explain alot. But you do know we are the same species that killed Jesus though, how great is that?

    See all I said is we aren't that great. Were you this upset when Palin said the polar bears are just unlucky? Just curious.

    Horsefly? LOL

    btw, I dont think anyone but a simpleton, would be quite as mad as you are about what I said originally.

    And I stated somewhere else, I would of voted for ron paul. But because he didnt make the ticket, I did vote obama. So you may want to deduce on other things.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    @WOOF

    I don't care where your avatar came from, rush started this giant socialist push, is what I meant.
    Only because I pointed out your mistake. I agree, everything is Rush's fault.

    Also, I find you no different than any other closed minded conservatives, as you use the same language and catch words they do.
    So judgmental. Have I said I was a conservative? Or are you just using your superior intelligence on me?
    And since you are so offended by my original comment,I would imagine you're a fan of intelligent design, which would explain alot.
    You got this assumption thing down my friend. Too bad you don't assume with any accuracy. And where did I say I was offended, although as a member of the species you slammed I would think I have every right to be offended.
    But you do know we are the same species that killed Jesus though, how great is that?
    Is this relevant to our conversation because you think I am a bible thumper?

    See all I said is we aren't that great. Were you this upset when Palin said the polar bears are just unlucky? Just curious.
    Again relevance? You throw out these rightwing insults like they are supposed to mean something.

    Horsefly? LOL
    Good you can laugh

    btw, I dont think anyone but a simpleton, would be quite as mad as you are about what I said originally.
    Mad? Amused perhaps, but hardly mad.
    And I stated somewhere else, I would of voted for ron paul. But because he didnt make the ticket, I did vote obama. So you may want to deduce on other things.
    You went from Ron Paul to Obama. Kind of an insult to Mr. Paul if you ask me. Offering your vote to a staunch constitutionalist and then giving it to the guy who uses the Constitution for tp.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Is this relevant to our conversation because you think I am a bible thumper?
    Well, are you?

    Because if you are, it's the worst possible evil.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions