1.    #1  
    just watch this video and let us know what you think and who your carrier is

I would never consider privacy on a cell phone or a reguaar phone to be a "right."
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I would never consider privacy on a cell phone or a reguaar phone to be a "right."
    Then you may not be familiar with the Bill of Rights. While there's not one ammendment that specifically identifies "privacy", the first, fourth, fifth, and ninth, taken together, pretty much infer that we have a right to privacy. Lots and lots of stuff on this online that supports this. Thats why they've needed court orders to do wire taps in the past. You have to show cause, and it better be a good one.

Edit: also review the 14th ammendment
    Last edited by Micael; 01/07/2010 at 12:30 PM.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I grant you that; however, violating privacy by anyone using a cell phone is not a act that takes much effort. In fact, no effort. If you say it on a cell phone, then you just gotta think that someone is listening. The only rights we have are unalienable rights, and cell phone privacy is not among them. Rights granted by man and government can easily be taken away.

The Declaration of Independence
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I grant you that; however, violating privacy by anyone using a cell phone is not a act that takes much effort. In fact, no effort. If you say it on a cell phone, then you just gotta think that someone is listening. The only rights we have are unalienable rights, and cell phone privacy is not among them. Rights granted by man and government can easily be taken away.

The Declaration of Independence
    Just because I don't take measures to protect my cell phone conversation, and therefore vulnerable, does not mean I give up any rights. I can chose to buy a secure cell with scrambled transmission.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6.    #6  
    i agree with you both. but in either case no one should be listening to our phone calls except the person we are talking to.
  7.    #7  
    with that being said have you ever been on the phone only to find out that you were on three way or somebody was on the other phone? that sux! even if you didnt say anything bad or incriminating. after you find out what just occurred you kinda feel violated. like your "privacy" was violated