1.    #1  
    This isn't a fantasy football gripe since i know better than to start a Colt this late in season.

But this is an idiotic trend. They've got their priorities screwed up. The superbowl is a great goal to have for the team, but fans pay tickets to see their stars play. To yank them when the game is still on the line is just cheap. And when having an undefeated season on the line, it's an insult to the fans.

Indy basically waved the white flag and said we're done. They may as well gotten on their bus and left in forfeit. And in a complex playoff picture, they gave the Jets a gift and screwed other teams.
    What would happen if Manning goes down in the big game and the only backup has no playing experience?

There is no right answer to this question. I would rather a Super Bowl win than a 16-0 season, but I'm not sure which way I lean. Painter wasn't in with many of the starters, against the top pass defense, so it is understandable that there was little production. However, the experience was good for those players, I'm sure.

It sure looked like it would be a sure win with all the starters playing though. Ask any Colts fan back in August if they would be cool with a 14-1 record to end the year and every one of them would have said yes.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    This isn't a fantasy football gripe since i know better than to start a Colt this late in season.

But this is an idiotic trend. They've got their priorities screwed up. The superbowl is a great goal to have for the team, but fans pay tickets to see their stars play. To yank them when the game is still on the line is just cheap. And when having an undefeated season on the line, it's an insult to the fans.

Indy basically waved the white flag and said we're done. They may as well gotten on their bus and left in forfeit. And in a complex playoff picture, they gave the Jets a gift and screwed other teams.
    I agree with this. I'm not even a colts fan but I thought it was pretty stupid for them to throw in the towel. Not to mention that Peyton looked pretty upset about losing. Now I know that they aren't playing for an undefeated season or whatever but don't you play every game to win? Apparently not. If I was a Colts fan I would not be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    What would happen if Manning goes down in the big game and the only backup has no playing experience?

There is no right answer to this question. I would rather a Super Bowl win than a 16-0 season, but I'm not sure which way I lean. Painter wasn't in with many of the starters, against the top pass defense, so it is understandable that there was little production. However, the experience was good for those players, I'm sure.

It sure looked like it would be a sure win with all the starters playing though. Ask any Colts fan back in August if they would be cool with a 14-1 record to end the year and every one of them would have said yes.
    Ultimately I guess if they win the Super Bowl this year then next year their goal has got to be an undefeated season and to win the Super Bowl.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I agree with this. I'm not even a colts fan but I thought it was pretty stupid for them to throw in the towel. Not to mention that Peyton looked pretty upset about losing. Now I know that they aren't playing for an undefeated season or whatever but don't you play every game to win? Apparently not. If I was a Colts fan I would not be happy.
    I agree. If I were in the locker room, I'd be swearing at the coach!!!! What is the point of busting our **** in the last 14 games only to throw away the last 2? Yes, you risk injury in the last 2 games but throwing games away when you have an undefeated season on the line you risk division in the locker room, player gripes, drop in morale and loss of momentum. That is what destroys a team in the playoffs.

My prediction is that the Colts will lose their first playoff game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    ...drop in morale and loss of momentum.
    I think these are the two biggest that no one weighs in until they lose in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Ultimately I guess if they win the Super Bowl this year then next year their goal has got to be an undefeated season and to win the Super Bowl.
    That isn't really fair either. Every year, all teams in the NFL change. The Colts will lose players. Other teams will gain them. The goal of all teams in the NFL are:

1 - Get in Playoffs
    2 - Get 1st week bye
    3 - Get home field
    4 - Get to Super Bowl
    5 - Win Super Bowl

That is EVERY TEAM starting week 1. As the season goes on, those goals change as some of them become impossible. I doubt any team has undefeated season as one of their goals, lest they end up like the Patriots with an 18-1, with a Super Loss.

But I am worried like many people. The only great run that Indy has had to the Bowl was when they had to fight and play 5 or 6 playoff games. Hopefully we won't see that let down with one and done playoff appearances that seem to plague us.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    No disrespect here, OP, but quit your damn whining... 14-1 would be heaven compared to the team we here in the Metro Detroit area get stuck with.