1.    #1  
    We can't get Google Voice here in the UK, so I just wondered how many of you have used it, and whether or not you think it's any good. Do you use it in every day life as your main phone number now? Does it work reliably? Does the Pre handle it nicely?

Any comments, thoughts, and feedback would be good to hear.
    I use it daily. I have applied the gdial pro patch so that all calls are handled through that app. I like the visual voicemail needs work though. I wish this had been out several years ago. It would save me the hassle of keeping two cell phones.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My wife used it, and I used it we hated it. We changed back to the normal Sprint VM crap. Google Voice doesn't transcribe the VM very well at all. Your not missing anything. It was always mixed up or just not accurate at all.
    The Visual voicemail needs work, but I like the masking feature and the ability to switch phones from work to cell and never miss a beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    My wife used it, and I used it we hated it. We changed back to the normal Sprint VM crap. Google Voice doesn't transcribe the VM very well at all. Your not missing anything. It was always mixed up or just not accurate at all.
    Blasphemy! None shall speak this way of the Gorg!

I use my Google Voice number as my primary number. It works great and like above I use the gDial Pro integration patch.

The most useful feature for me is the SMS logging and sending capabilities of the GV website. It logs my SMS messages so I can check them later and search through them easily.

I also use SMS now as a sort of universal IM service. When someone sends me a text I can just flip open the Google Voice tab in my browser and reply quickly and easily to the SMS using my keyboard. I carry a lot of conversations using this and it makes it so easy to talk to people.

Also, the voicemail transcriptions are not perfect but they are getting better everyday. It's doubled in quality since I started using GV a few months ago. It's infinitely better than having no transcription which is what you get by using normal voicemail. Don't forget that you can listen to audio message while your reading it, so you don't really need the transcription.

When Google finally enables VOIP for Google Voice then I will be a very happy camper. I love the service so far and it's indispensable for me.
    I use GV just for its voicemail features. I don't have a landline, and GV can't handle the extension to my work phone, so it doesn't work as a universal phone number for me. I use Sprint's conditional formatting to send all of my voicemail to GV, so I can get a transcribed test.

The transcription is far from perfect, but it's great when I'm in a meeting and ignore a call - I can get a sense of who's calling me and what it's about, so I don't have to worry that I ignored something important.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    i use it mainly for visual voicemail.

I dont go over my Sprint minutes so i dont use it for calls.

Anyone figured how to make VOIP calls? Trying to find a Skype replacement for my Pre and my girl's Pre overseas.