Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Oh oh.....don't bring up the God syndrome with Davidra, he's very sensitive to that (shhhhhhhh). He also suffers from being a Florida Gator and UNC Tar Heel. Those 3 things together (Dr, Gator, Tar Heel) give him an amazingly large head on his shoulders.

Yo Doc.....hope you have a nice Christmas.
    Actually, I consider myself relatively humble for a doctor. But I do consider myself to know more about the health care system than many of the crackpots that feel obligated to expound about things they know little about. I'm actually much more impressed with my skills as a fishing guide, but we haven't gotten into that at all. That's where I'm really god-like....

Clem, may visions of Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Urban Meyer, and Harry Reid fill your dreams tonight as you wish for Santa to bring you something that will stop the vast left-wing conspiracy that is responsible for Clemson getting whacked by SC. After all, that is Obama's fault, right?

Merry Xmas to you as well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Actually, I consider myself relatively humble for a doctor. But I do consider myself to know more about the health care system than many of the crackpots that feel obligated to expound about things they know little about. I'm actually much more impressed with my skills as a fishing guide, but we haven't gotten into that at all. That's where I'm really god-like....

Clem, may visions of Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Urban Meyer, and Harry Reid fill your dreams tonight as you wish for Santa to bring you something that will stop the vast left-wing conspiracy that is responsible for Clemson getting whacked by SC. After all, that is Obama's fault, right?

Merry Xmas to you as well.....
    Well thanks Doc! By the way, on Jan 4th I will be going to watch your Heels play CofC here in Charleston. I'm taking 2 of my favorite Tar Heel fans with me and they will be in blue heaven being able to watch their beloved Heels in person. It is crazy what Tar Heel fans are willing to pay for tickets, but hanging on to mine, so not for sale. Not giving the Cougars much of a chance (after all, my Tigers beat CofC by 39, yikes), but should be a fun atmosphere.

Back on subject, even though Doc and I don't agree on much, I can appreciate his desire to help people. I don't believe in universal healthcare like doc, so at least the Senate bill has gotten rid of that, but I do feel requiring insurance companies to get rid of pre-ex conditions is important. Of course, that doesn't work unless we get the healthy folks on health insurance to offset the increased expenses the ins companies are going to have. I'm concerned the penalty on those opting not to get health coverage isn't going to be big enough, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong on that. On the surface I don't like the government forcing that issue, but, it has to be in there in order to get rid of pre-ex.

I think I'll try and get through some of the 2074 pages over the weekend and see exactly what is in the bill....just seems ridiculously long so must be some crazy things in there.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    pre existing conditions, companies that you want to protect, companies i might add who are making large profits at your expense. i have heard too many horror stories about pre existing to really consider insurance companies as to be your friends. Dont get me wrong here, i believe a company has a right to make a profit. however, to have some company decide that a condition is pre-existing after i have faithfully paid my premiums every year for 30 plus years to be just plain robbery. I have said it before, i will restate the obvious, if there is no money to be made in the health industry, then why the hell do these companies keep jumping into it? If the margins are so slim, why do the companies keep investing? Why do these companies continue to lobby your reps and sens in an attempt to stop the health care bill? The real question i have to ask, and if it is as i suspect, the term conflict of interest comes roaring to the front, how many of these fine republicans are major investors of the health care insurers? ya ya i know, its none of my business, or,, its a free country they can do what they will with their money, or no they cant be "directly" involved with investments while serving. BS. This has less to do with control of big govt, and far more to do with the money that will be perceived to be lost with the controls that will be put in place. Lets face it, it wont be long until one or all the companies figure out a way to make a buck off the tax payers backs. It happens on a daily basis already, in everything from your towns cities states and nation wide.

Hell people, you have a couple of wars going on officially, several more covert ones. This is no secret and only a total ***** would say otherwise, sure sure you can call them police actions, or interventions, call em what you will, your military is all over the world fighting the bad guy. Costing you billions hell trillions yearly. Yet you sit here, and allow your neighbors to be ruined monetarily, due to an illness that in most of the rest of the western world would be fixed right away. you blame people on the bottom rung of your society, for not pulling themselves up to make more money to get better jobs, etc etc. Give your collective heads a shake, based on your min wage in the states, how many young adults can afford your new health care? Hell, even in canada, with a higher min wage, they cant afford what is being put forward as cost for basic health care. Forget the individuals who have little to no education, who work in sweat shops, who are forced to work in conditions that even 3rd world countries have closed down. Stop looking at your bottom line, start looking to your neighbor, yes, you fine conservative right wing Christian folks, start believing what you spout about being brotherly, look inwards, or you could just find yourselves looking at 75 million uneducated, under fed, over worked and exploited fellow americans, coming to take what you have. Consider one more thing, most of your armed forces are made up of these same people, so how much help are you going to get there?

just my two cents worth.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    however, to have some company decide that a condition is pre-existing after i have faithfully paid my premiums every year for 30 plus years to be just plain robbery.
    Which company was that, and what was the condition again?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Which company was that, and what was the condition again?
    Why, do you doubt it? Do you doubt your employer does it as well? I know it will pain you, but watch Sicko. And have a good New Year.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Why, do you doubt it? Do you doubt your employer does it as well? I know it will pain you, but watch Sicko. And have a good New Year.
    If there is such a case, I doubt we're getting the whole story.... but even if it's totally true, it's certainly not the norm.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Yes watch Sicko because Michael Moore movies have been proven to be completely factual and and an excellent source for all things true.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    If there is such a case, I doubt we're getting the whole story.... but even if it's totally true, it's certainly not the norm.
    Yup... never a big deal until it happens to someone you love...

Can't believe how insensitive people are over such an important issue.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

Who was insensitive?

Do you need a tissue? How is asking for more details in an internet conversation insensitive?

Please put the overemotional card back in the deck.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    It's so ironic that people against this healthcare reform are often one paycheck away from needing these government benefits themselves.

I understand why Aetna, Big Pharma, and other large healthcare corporations are against change, but when individuals start spreading mis-information about healthcare reform to try and kill it, it seems they are mere pawns of big corporations.

Let's see if the "all loving" private sector cares about you and your health insurance when you lose your job.
    There has been, and remains, resources and help for those that lose a job.

And you are only replacing one BIG for another BIG... and your BIG doesn't have that great of a track record for being "all loving", or efficient, I might add.
    There has been, and remains, resources and help for those that lose a job.

And you are only replacing one BIG for another BIG... and your BIG doesn't have that great of a track record for being "all loving", or efficient, I might add.
    Just hope your insurance company keeps you on the payroll. Take it from me...you don't really want to try and avail yourself of those wonderful resources and help. It would be better if you didn't have to worry at all....right?
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I see you haven't watched SICKO.
    Nope . I watched Roger and Me and that was enough. MM will not get another dime from me.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Nope . I watched Roger and Me and that was enough. MM will not get another dime from me.
    Ignoring reality...the refuge of the right. You want names and specifics, then watch it. See what real people go through...and guess what? Every person HAS insurance. That's why it should be seen by everyone, if for no other reason to clue people in that unless they mention on their history form that they had acne as a teenager, their insurance can be cancelled when they get cancer.
    Ignoring reality...the refuge of the right. You want names and specifics, then watch it. See what real people go through...and guess what? Every person HAS insurance. That's why it should be seen by everyone, if for no other reason to clue people in that unless they mention on their history form that they had acne as a teenager, their insurance can be cancelled when they get cancer.

Exactly... no issue until it happens to them... then they will whine that Obama did not protect them and allowed the insurance companies to act like criminals. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Do you need a tissue? How is asking for more details in an internet conversation insensitive?

Please put the overemotional card back in the deck.
    Taking from your comments and pic... I can tell you play with that deck often.

Me? Not so much... I'll pull other cards from it...

But the reality is that it was not about asking for more details... but you already knew that... the back and forth silly games get boring...

At the end, you are not interested much in conversation, which is why I don't comment much on your posts. But I might start... just to have a bit of fun. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I am fairly excited to see some change coming out of senate.

I understand that it is not the best solution but at least a change will actually swing the pendulum and cause us to move forward in the future. To make no change would be a failure
    WOW....what a difference a month makes, huh? Still fairly excited? Looks like the American People understood it wasn't the best solution either and now hopefully we start again and get it right...oops....get it correct.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    WOW....what a difference a month makes, huh? Still fairly excited? Looks like the American People understood it wasn't the best solution either and now hopefully we start again and get it right...oops....get it correct.
    Unfortuantely, it looks as if "nothing" will happen... The republicans did nothing on it for 8 years, what makes you think they will all of a sudden want to make moves now? Best the dems could do is maybe get one or two rep to side with them.
    Unfortuantely, it looks as if "nothing" will happen... The republicans did nothing on it for 8 years, what makes you think they will all of a sudden want to make moves now? Best the dems could do is maybe get one or two rep to side with them.
    If the dems are willing to work with the Republicans, rather than just tell them what the plan will be, they can get something done. If the plan was so good, then I doubt the dems would have had to have done the deals they did with several of their own to twist their arms and get them to vote for it. Bottom line, the dems could have done it several months ago as they had the votes and even they couldn't get it done.

The best the dems could do? How about the better thing for the dems to do is work with the Republicans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123