Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I think this comes to the closest to describing the clock, though it's not a "flip" display, its still an analog clock.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I think this comes to the closest to describing the clock, though it's not a "flip" display, its still an analog clock.
    Yes, that would be an analog clock with a digital display. As noted, the gears move continuously and not in steps, which is what makes it analog.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Not sure if this is how they did it. but it's how I'd do it. In each number there is a limited number of combinations for the horizontal lines and the vertical lines. For example the 10 hour digit is only a 1 or off (1-9=off, 10-12=on). So for each digit use two cams, one for vertical, one for horizontal, that move slides to reveal the proper combination. The motor drives the minute cam at a rate of 1 rev/10 minutes. The 10 min, the hour, 10 hour digits are geared off it.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123