Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I keep mine at 294 K, give or take. I switched to Kelvin back in the 70's when we entered the little ice age and just never switched back.
    Damn it, you out-geeked me!

19C, but it's very old and inaccurate, so that equates to about 22C on the nearest thermometer.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I usually like it around 65 F and if I get cold I just wear something warmer.
    OP I agree with you 100%. 65-70 is where we keep it. 68 is standard. Sometimes our feet get cold so we turn it up to 70 (wood floors throughout the house, dont always want to wear shoes). 75 is pretty high. 62 when we leave during the day and 65 at night.

Just wait til the 1st bill comes and point out how high it is. Then say "I bet its cus we keep the thermostat so high, we should try to keep it lower this month and see how low our bill gets"
    a friend does heating and coolling up here in the great white north, i mentioned to him about turnnig back the thermostat when i leave for the day, both dogs and the cat have nice fur coats. he said, the radiant heat loss from the walls and flooring cooling off is huge. you are further a head to leave it at a comfortable number, mine is 20c, and dont adjust unless it gets damn cold out. the cost savings are just not there. I tried it, outside temps were minus 25 plus windchill, took a forced air natural gas furnace almost 4 hours to get the house back to normal. the walls inside ones and outside were darn cold to touch. Yes this is a new furnace, yes the filter is new. yes the insulation is good. as are the windows. adjusting your thermostat more than a few degrees down is pure and simple waste of money, and as micael put it, hard on the enviroment.
    I will add, i was going to buy a 300 thermostat from this guy. he told me he didnt want me to waste my money..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Buy the 300 thermostat. Green industries need your money.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    OP I agree with you 100%. 65-70 is where we keep it. 68 is standard. Sometimes our feet get cold so we turn it up to 70 (wood floors throughout the house, dont always want to wear shoes)"
    all I can say is: wool socks rule
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12