Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I know it's to reduce spambots, but really? I spent time taking pictures and making a decent post in another area, but now I can't even post it until I waste a bunch of time here making garbage posts until I hit 10 :/

Just FYI
    Last edited by Kujila; 01/08/2010 at 09:30 PM.
    I have to agree with you.

I'm all for restricting spam, and doing everything we can to eliminate it, but the restriction just creates spam.

New member trying to make legitimate posts are inconvenienced, and spammers just spam out an extra 10 useless posts before they get to the point.

There was one of those today, who posted the EXACT same topic in every single forum, which was bad enough, but because of the restrictions, he had to post "Hello" in 10 different forum areas before he could get to the real spam.

It's a nice idea, with a great intention behind it, but it simply doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I agree the premise behind it is good but don't really know how effective it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by herrjj1 View Post
    I agree the premise behind it is good but don't really know how effective it is.
    Well, I don't recall seeing any spam bot messages on here. Seems like it's working pretty well. I'd rather get involved in the forum and post a few times before being able to post links and images than put up with a bunch of spambot posts.
    maybe 10 is a bit high (am still only half way there)
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    It is still silly, in my opinion. I have finally reached ten posts but it took a very long time to do so, and now I've had to go back to a couple of my original posts and fix the images in them.
    Last edited by Kujila; 01/08/2010 at 09:24 PM.