1.    #1  
    As some of you may know I have been working long and hard on a Macintosh news and user group web site. It is finally open. We hope to establish a great site with loyal users while bringing you the most up2date news on the web. I would appreciate any comments you have and hope to see all of you over there. Read, submit, even become a member of the staff. It has finally arrived, Maclegion.org
    Glad to the see the site is up. It looks great. You really made some nice improvements to it.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Web design is very professional and modern feel to it. Very smooth.

Only thing that didn't wow me was the logo. The rest of your site looks and feels so preofessional that and the logo, to me at least, looks a bit first timer.

Not a big issue, just waht stood out to me. But again, a fantastic looking site. Was this the same site submitted a few weeks ago that I replied about? (just cheked the old posts, and yes it is.)

Good luck on the new site.

Aaron
    Another little nit picky thing.

The images you are using in the news item tables (laughing guy, disks, LCD screen), the white background of the image is not the same as the background of the box they are in.

May try to use a transparent background or see if the shades of white are the same.

Aaron
    Another little nit picky thing.

The images you are using in the news item tables (laughing guy, disks, LCD screen), the white background of the image is not the same as the background of the box they are in.

May try to use a transparent background or see if the shades of white are the same.

Aaron
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for checking it out. I am not a graphics designer which is why the logo sucks so much. I have someone else working on a logo and hope to have that done in a few days. The thing with the news icons is I could change them from white to the off grey but the site is themeable meaing in a different theme I would have the same problem. I may just make them transparent instead of white and hope that fixes my problem.
    here's my own nitpicky things ...
    -spelling errors are all over the place (= unprofessional)
    -"Today's most read" is an article which apparently hasn't been read, since it says "0 reads" ....
    -is it "MacLegion" as in the logo, or "Maclegion" like where it says "Maclegion staff"? (changes the pronunciation to a kind of scottish thing)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Looks good, Recordond! I'll be sure to check it out regularly.

I just took the plunge into the Mac world..I'm getting an iMac! Still haven't decided where to order it from yet, but I did recieve my pro speakers. That's a start. Any recommendations?

Good luck with your site.
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Any recommendations?
    look for a place that doesn't charge to ship!
    or better yet, an Apple Store!
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Any recommendations?

If the drunk you see on the street corner is anywhere near Raleigh-Durham, NC, they have a new Apple Store now! Grand opening deal, etc. on Saturday.
    Looks good, Recordond! I'll be sure to check it out regularly.

I just took the plunge into the Mac world..I'm getting an iMac! Still haven't decided where to order it from yet, but I did recieve my pro speakers. That's a start. Any recommendations?

Are you looking to purchase the new iMac? If you are looking for the older ones, CompUSA has the G3 500 (Indigo) for $799.00 and the G3 600 (Grey) for $999.00.

I think I am actually going to get one for my wife. She likes "cute" and I just want something new to learn.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by GSR13

Are you looking to purchase the new iMac? If you are looking for the older ones, CompUSA has the G3 500 (Indigo) for $799.00 and the G3 600 (Grey) for $999.00.

I think I am actually going to get one for my wife. She likes "cute" and I just want something new to learn.
    This one seems like a better deal, it's got more everything, but it's the older one.
    Originally posted by dampeoples

This one seems like a better deal, it's got more everything, but it's the older one.
    Am I missing something? They seem to be the same price for the 600 and slightly more expensive for the 500.

The only real bargain appears to be the "Special Edition".

Again, I may be missing something.
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm aiming for the new Flat panel iMac. The base model. Looks like I will have quite a wait. April at the earliest.
    The site is nice other than nit picky things. The humor link to the "Frying an egg on my PC" article was great.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by GSR13

Am I missing something? They seem to be the same price for the 600 and slightly more expensive for the 500.

The only real bargain appears to be the "Special Edition".

Again, I may be missing something.
    Sorry about that link, it's specs are 700MHz, 256MB, 60GB Drive for $1050, it's the last one in the iMac section here it's the one I got!
    Originally posted by dampeoples

Sorry about that link, it's specs are 700MHz, 256MB, 60GB Drive for $1050, it's the last one in the iMac section here it's the one I got!
    Yeah, that is the Special Edition I was referring too. That is definately a great deal, especially in comparison to the iMac 600 at $999.00.
    Sorry 'bout that, I was reading in a hurry!