1.    #1  
    ROLLTOP THE LAPTOP OF THE FUTURE
    It Is a concept yet, but would be great, donīt you think?

The sad part is that it is today and we can't get it. It is a flexible organic screen developed by Kodak almost 15/20 years ago. It is like the OLCD screen in your Pre. Sony is making some moves on it but it is more for show. The problem is marketing and profits. There is still a lot of money to be made in standard LCD screens and until the profit margins go away, we will not see it. The screen is paper thin and can be rolled into anything. Someday we will have paper thin TV's hanging on the wall. The best part is that they are brighter, display more colors and use only a fraction of the power displays use today.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    The sad part is that it is today and we can't get it. It is a flexible organic screen developed by Kodak almost 15/20 years ago. It is like the OLCD screen in your Pre. Sony is making some moves on it but it is more for show. The problem is marketing and profits. There is still a lot of money to be made in standard LCD screens and until the profit margins go away, we will not see it. The screen is paper thin and can be rolled into anything. Someday we will have paper thin TV's hanging on the wall. The best part is that they are brighter, display more colors and use only a fraction of the power displays use today.
    My question is : How robust that screen would be for carrying, using it everyday and for a 2 years use at least.?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    My question is : How robust that screen would be for carrying, using it everyday and for a 2 years use at least.?
    I was thinking the same thing... but still, it is an impressive concept!
  5.    #5  
    Yes it is.