1.    #1  
    Mods, please feel free to move this where ever you feel it's most appropriate.

Obviously, a lot of us here are jumping on the GoogleVoice bandwagon. One of the features of GV is the voice mail transcription. Please, do not take this as a blast agains the transcription service, I think it's great. However, it's definitly not 100% accurate and because of that, sometimes there are ... humorous ... transcriptions. I've gotten a few of those since I signed up, but the one last week was particularly funny.

I thought it'd be fun to have a thread were folks can post some of the funny or even strange transcriptions from GV.
  2.    #2  
    My wife had just gotten a message from me (also transcribed), asking when she'd be home from grocery shopping. She pulled up in front of the house, and this is what I got from her message:

re-texture you left made that we're voicemail. Haro. These are, would you have any Carrion groceries create. Thank you very much. I love you bye.

This is what she actually said:

The texts you left me that were voice mail were ... bizarre. Would you help me carry in groceries please? Thank you very much. I love you bye.
    Transcription: George celebration of over to your house a cup of tea down from above the door. It is not the key to see if any of your the worst. I don't know what you want me to do call me back on my cell 703201087 Ellum listed here for about 10 minutes. Bye.

Reality: George Calabresa I'm over at your house, I got the key down from above the door. It is not the key that fits in your door. I don't know what you want me to do - call me back on my cell XXX-XXX-XXX"OH" I'm going to sit here for about 10 minutes. Bye.

This is the only message I'v gotten so far in which a phone number was mis-transcribed. Needless to say, when I read this transcription, I had know idea what the heck it was even about.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Mods, please feel free to move this where ever you feel it's most appropriate.

Obviously, a lot of us here are jumping on the GoogleVoice bandwagon. One of the features of GV is the voice mail transcription. Please, do not take this as a blast agains the transcription service, I think it's great. However, it's definitly not 100% accurate and because of that, sometimes there are ... humorous ... transcriptions. I've gotten a few of those since I signed up, but the one last week was particularly funny.

I thought it'd be fun to have a thread were folks can post some of the funny or even strange transcriptions from GV.
    You didn't say what it was.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You didn't say what it was.
    I posted it right after the "intro"... It was that second post, the one about "carrion groceries"
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I posted it right after the "intro"... It was that second post, the one about "carrion groceries"
    Oh. I'm driving now. I probably hit a bump while I was scrolling, and missed it.
    not TOO bad. all they really messed up was the lady's name that they were looking for and a few words here and there.

my name is cathy i'm calling from set my for cynical hunt if i have the right number would you please have her call me this afternoon i am at xxx-9797 have to noon i will be at extension 3775 i have an appointment scheduled with her for tomorrow morning that i'm going to have to persons postpone for personal reasons i will not be able to be here so i'm trying to get a reschedule thank you so much and if somebody could let me know that you received a message for tomorrow's appointment i would appreciate it thank you so much have a nice week you
    I have quite a few:

Hey Alex, everything skinning. We're just calling you all are all together. Just a happy thanksgiving that nobody's answering rule or or hi. Love you. Hello, The vice versa.

Hey Alex, Happy Thanksgiving. We were just calling you while we're all together to say Happy Thanksgiving, but nobody's answering. Love you, goodbye.

I am X This Is mom. I was just calling to say hi and see how you're doing this is. It's about 1 o'clock a little after 1.1 just want to here. So X Saturday. Can you give me a call when you can. I'll be out. Bye.

Hi Alex, this is mom. I was just calling to say hi and see how you're doing. It's, uh, 1 o'clock, or a little after 1, or 1:20 on Saturday. Ok, give me a call a little later. Bye.

Good luck to you later bye hey. Should I had to call you back here. Calling me never mind.

La Dobeck, Sorry I had to call you back. You're calling me!

I had a if this is your Mother Derek, it's Sunday night after 6 so hard time. I don't know if it's after 7 your time. Want to see if you cannot that picture have a deal sent you my of the flowers. Anyway, love you sweetie. Okay, talk to you later. Bye.

Hi Alex, this is your mother. It's Sunday night, after six our time. I don't know if it's after 7 your time, probably. Wanted to see if you got that picture Abigale sent you of the flowers. Anyway love you. Ok, talk to you later, bye.

I am. Lexuses mom. Thank you for the birthday in our server, more beautiful than last year. Even he's out did yourself that I'm gonna have to get a picture of myself with them. So anyway, you're probably working right now, busy. So tried to get back later. Okay bye.

Hi Alex, this is Mom. Thank you for the birthday flowers they're more beautiful than last year you even outdid yourself. I'll have to get a picture of myself with them. So anyway, you're probably at work and busy. Call me back, okay bye.

Hey Alex, this is Brenda from the right Batavia. I am the driver day. I just wanna make sure the wedding matter you your building, so can you call me back please. xxx-xxxx Thank you. Bye bye.

Hey Alex, this is Dave from the Pie Pizzeria. I am the driver. I just wanna make sure what letter is your building, so can you call me back. xxx-xxxx thank you, bye bye.

Let know that call. Curry know. Okay bye.

La Dobeck, call Corrinal, Okay Bye.
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 12/01/2009 at 04:25 PM.
  9.    #9  
    OK, now you've got my curiosity up. You gotta put in the correct messages too!!!
    K updated my post to reflect what was actually said
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Brian, darted Midland. I cannot download from my ****. Tasia device. It says, Error has occurred and will not put it in the file just finished dictator report. So, somehow I got a fix this, XXXXXX extension 121. Thanks, Brian.

Translation:
    Brian, Doug at Midland. I cannot download from my dictation device. It says, "An Error Has Occurred" and it will not put it in the file. Just finished a dictation report, so somehow we gotta fix this one....
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeehan View Post
    brian, darted midland. I cannot download from my ****. Tasia device. It says, error has occurred and will not put it in the file just finished dictator report. So, somehow i got a fix this, xxxxxx extension 121. Thanks, brian.

translation:
    Brian, doug at midland. I cannot download from my dictation device. It says, "an error has occurred" and it will not put it in the file. Just finished a dictation report, so somehow we gotta fix this one....
    rotfl
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    K updated my post to reflect what was actually said
    OK, without the additions, it was ... amusing. With the real messages, it was hilarious. I especially liked these two:

Hey Alex, Happy Thanksgiving. =
    Hey Alex, everything skinning

and

I just wanna make sure what letter is your building =
    I just wanna make sure the wedding matter you your building
    Maybe I shouldn't call me when you have a bit of bank. Thanks. Bye.

Maybe you should call me when you get a second. Thanks. Bye.

From my wife when she heard her personal voicemail for the first time...

Hi, I was kind of leery out there for a minute, mister. So voicemail. You know what's going on. I think you have very very sweet. Give me a call back. Love you bye.

Hi. That was kinda weird. For a minute I thought it was you, not voicemail. Calling to see what's going on. I think you are very sweet. Give me a call back. Love you bye.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com