Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    ErnstB: ever heard of the Red Green Show?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    1. Put duct tape around all your pennies so they don't suffer the same fate.

2. Pull out the penny using one of the other methods in this thread, put duct tape all around it, put it back it so it won't short circuit.
    Yorrick: No,

I'm Dutch, living in Germany. Btw: that is the country that send the US back home. ;-)
    It's a unique name... and rare. (As would a "tan tush" be in the untamed wilderness up there). Even in my neck of the woods most tushes stay covered.
    First off...as per Red Green, GO CANADA!!! and secondly, for Chris in Diego, I am from Vancouver...we don't get snow (Well maybe 2-3 inches over the winter but that is usually washed away by rain in a day or two), but we do have Wreck Beach, a world famous nudist beach, so I guess we would have a lot of tan tushes up here (and no I am not a nudist, can't stand to look at me in a mirror let alone on a beach in front of everybody else...I wouldn't mind if everybody else was naked though....dum dee dum dum dum, oh and they all have to be girls...sorry mind running away, mods, please censor that accordingly...)
    Alex (the Great II).
    Quote Originally Posted by terrysalmi View Post
    A penny fell into my cigarette lighter in my car, and now I can't use it to plug in my cellphone (sorry...not a treo) or my ham radio...anyone know of a good way to get it out? I've tried a paper clip...
    **After trying EVERYTHING- what worked is a very small flat head screwdriver that I put white medical tape on to avoid it shorting out. Worked like a charm. It was sturdy and small.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio65 View Post
    **After trying EVERYTHING- what worked is a very small flat head screwdriver that I put white medical tape on to avoid it shorting out. Worked like a charm. It was sturdy and small.
    I would have put some chewing gum on my finger.

Glad to hear you got it out, what's it been, 14 years?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Glad to hear you got it out, what's it been, 14 years?
    For "trying EVERYTHING" 14 years seems quite short

They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care;
    They pursued it with forks and hope;
    They threatened its life with a railway-share;
    They charmed it with smiles and soap.
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstB View Post
    I am really disappointed, there must be a lot of "younger" generation engineers involved in this thread.

The only usefull method is DUCT TAPE !

There are several solutions:

1) Put duct tape over the cigarette lighter so that you can't see the penny.
    2) Put duct tape around the penny to avoid a shortcircuit
    3) Put duct tape over the opening of the cigarette lighter, turn the car upside down, remove duct tape and the penny should be attached to the glue
    4) put duct tape around tweezers (screwdriver) to avoid shortcircuit when you try to reach the penny.
    5) put duct tape around your finger to remember that you cannot use the cigarette lighter.
    6) use duct tape to attach a disposable lighter to the steering wheel.
    7) use duct tape to seal your wallet so it will not happen again.
    8) glue pennies together in a roll of duct tape
    9) cut the cable to the charger, attach cable directly to car battery and insulta with duct tape.
    10) attach a small piece of duct tape to a pencil, with the glue to the outside, push pencil into cigarette lighter gently onto the penny (remove fuse first) and lift penny out of lighter (glued to duct tape).

I am sure somebody will find some more uses for duct tape.
    OMG I have never laughed so hard reading a message board!!!! I'm on a road trip with my husband and we can't charge our phones, but we don't even care now that we've had a good laugh.I'm taping a disposable lighter to the dash and he's putting duct tape around his finger to remember he has a nickel stuck in the 12v outlet.
    Throw in more pennies, and park it where you know the needy help you get them out.

Make sure to remove all other things worth anything first

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Evans2 View Post
    OMG I have never laughed so hard reading a message board!!!! I'm on a road trip with my husband and we can't charge our phones, but we don't even care now that we've had a good laugh.I'm taping a disposable lighter to the dash and he's putting duct tape around his finger to remember he has a nickel stuck in the 12v outlet.
    There's a nickel in there?

Well put in five more pennies. Then it'll be easier to get out a dime because it's smaller.

While he's got that tape on his finger, have him stick his finger in the socket to get it out. It's sticky side up, right?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/05/2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123