1.    #1  
    Given Boehner's obnoxius claims about excessive democratic spending, and his tremendously hard work ethic and criticism of wasteful excess, it was nice to see that he gets some time away from his tough job of "obstructionist-in-chief" by getting in some golf.....over $80,000 worth this past year, all free and clear. Yes, he's really "one of us", one of the middle class, when he spends in one weekend on golf what many uninsured working people make in a year. Nicely done, you ***.

By all public estimations, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) is a pretty good golfer.

He should be, given the $82,998 his political action committee has spent on golf outings so far this year, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

The golf events this year sponsored by Boehner’s Freedom Project political action committee have stretched from April until October, from Florida to Ohio. And the minority leader doesn’t hold his events at worn-out municipal courses. The most recent outing was a $20,921.34 event at the plush Robert Trent Jones track in Gainesville, Va., an invitation-only private club that was once also home to the Professional Golfers Association's President’s Cup.

The highest expenditure was a September event at the Jack Nicklaus-designed Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio. The Freedom Project spent $29,501.20 for an event on the course, which hosts the annual PGA Memorial Tournament.

Another favorite of Boehner’s PAC seems to be the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, Fla., where the committee spent more than $30,000 in April and May. The Tiburon Golf Course, a 36-hole course at the hotel, also hosts a professional tournament each year.
    Wedge issue, indeed.

One of the little people
    So that is how he maintains that magnificent tan....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    I really don't see the point in posting stuff like this.

This is just nitpicky crap that doesn't affect anything. He wasn't using government dollars and wasn't skipping some important work to go play.

Does this somehow make him evil? How else would he get money for his campaign?

All this does is contribute to the partisan vitriol that makes it hard to actually like anyone in Washington. We only focus on the negatives and never the positives. It's hard to listen to your fellow man's argument if you view him as a despicable person.
    Sounds like golf envy to me.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I really don't see the point in posting stuff like this.

This is just nitpicky crap that doesn't affect anything. He wasn't using government dollars and wasn't skipping some important work to go play.

Does this somehow make him evil? How else would he get money for his campaign?

All this does is contribute to the partisan vitriol that makes it hard to actually like anyone in Washington. We only focus on the negatives and never the positives. It's hard to listen to your fellow man's argument if you view him as a despicable person.
    Sorry. I thought you had some reasonable sensibilities. So you think this is just fine, is that right? I wouldn't consider it right if anyone complaining about the cost of health care reform did the same thing, republican or democrat. As far as I'm concerned Boehner has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and should be considered personally responsible for the deaths of many uninsured people. He has shown no compassion for anyone except his lobbyist buddies, and has overstated and lied about health care reform. And I'm absolutely serious about that. So no, this doesn't make him evil. He was evil to begin with. Just consider me an extremist, and that's just fine with me. He is scum. We have already listened too much to this "fellow man's argument".
    I can think of a hundred reasons why he is a horrible politician and works against the best interest of the American people, but this just isn't one of them.

He plays golf at fundraisers. So what? He isn't even in the discussions about healthcare since he only wants to sabatoge the bill, so it's not like him being gone is a bad thing.

My point is that this story is just a baseless attack piece that sounds silly to even a progressive like me.

I think your energy would be great if you posted stories about the great things that have been done for our country so far instead of just negative stories about conservatives. If the conservatives realized that Obama is trying his best to make the country a better place, even for them, then they might be able to join in the debate and suggest ideas instead of reacting with fear of an enemy encroachment that must not be reasoned with and must be stopped at all costs.

Boehner isn't helping make us a better place, but part of that reason is that his constituents view liberals as the enemy that he needs to destroy at all costs. We need to bring him and his ilk back into the debate and treat them civil.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I think your energy would be great if you posted stories about the great things that have been done for our country so far instead of just negative stories about conservatives. If the conservatives realized that Obama is trying his best to make the country a better place, even for them, then they might be able to join in the debate and suggest ideas instead of reacting with fear of an enemy encroachment that must not be reasoned with and must be stopped at all costs.

Boehner isn't helping make us a better place, but part of that reason is that his constituents view liberals as the enemy that he needs to destroy at all costs. We need to bring him and his ilk back into the debate and treat them civil.
    I remember that idealism. It was about forty years ago or so for me. It resurrected itself last year for a brief time until it became clear that there is nothing anyone can do to persuade reactionary obstructionists to do anything for the good of the country....if it means that Obama will be seen in a positive light. They are only interested in seeing him fail, regardless of what he accomplishes. Just watch as he sends more troops into Afghanistan. One would expect great accolades from the right wing, right? Want a prediction? He will get nothing positive out of any of them. They are lockstepped under Boehner's guidance. I really wish you had an accurate view of the possibilities....but I'm afraid you don't. Am I bitter? Yep. Many years of dealing with right wingers....going back to the "Love it or Leave it" days have taught me that they are not educable. If we want something done, we have to do it ourselves....and screw them.
    What has it cost for Barry's games during war time?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Given Boehner's obnoxius claims about excessive democratic spending, and his tremendously hard work ethic and criticism of wasteful excess, it was nice to see that he gets some time away from his tough job of "obstructionist-in-chief" by getting in some golf.....over $80,000 worth this past year, all free and clear. Yes, he's really "one of us", one of the middle class, when he spends in one weekend on golf what many uninsured working people make in a year. Nicely done, you ***.

Wedge issue, indeed.

One of the little people
    I enjoy hearing one of the Kennedy's and Gore clamor about "global warming" as they rocket themselves around in their personal chem trail jets and multiple SUVS. What *****.

Never mind the 4 trillion in outrageous spending that this administration is planning in order to destroy the dollar to put our kids in debt beyond their wildest imaginations, let's bicker about the $80k some republican used for golf!!!!!! LOL. THAT'S a serious argument alright. lmao.

Nevermind that the govt is trying to tell you not to get regular cancer screenings in order to save THEM money at YOUR expense, let's focus on the golf habits of some republican....

You know, the democrats picked the absolute PERFECT animal to represent their party....... THE JACK ***.