1.    #1  
    LTE YOUR CAR WILL BE CONNECTED IN THE NEXT FUTURE

I did not chop the video. I thought it would be interesting to know how this project came out, so almost the 3 final minutes of 8 , you can see whats in the car with this new LTE tech.

This sounds really great. I would love to have a car like that.

I hope that wireless data will be universal in the future and available on all devices. Lots of devices would greatly benefit from access to data and/or being able to monitor/access them remotely.

The Kindle is a great example of an awesome always on wireless device. You just want a book, tap it on your eBook reader and poof it's there waiting for you to read.

Smart meters at home are looking pretty great too. You can monitor your usage from anywhere and some even offer to shut off certain circuits of your home such as lights and home theaters. (with the proper encryption and security of course)

Bleh, I just want the future to arrive sooner.
    lol they are really holding no bars on the canadian accent. aboot!

listen... im gunna be fair on this one. from what i know about LTE vs. wimax. LTE is just cellular technology, yes its a great idea and does very good speeds but realize its a cellular technology and will be expensive as much as evdo is. wimax eliminates that and the agressive buildout already done by clear has really shown its true potentional. clear is launching basically wifi around towns that will be very cheap and very fast as well. the potential is limitless with wimax based on souly 1 thing. price!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    lol they are really holding no bars on the canadian accent. aboot!

listen... im gunna be fair on this one. from what i know about LTE vs. wimax. LTE is just cellular technology, yes its a great idea and does very good speeds but realize its a cellular technology and will be expensive as much as evdo is. wimax eliminates that and the agressive buildout already done by clear has really shown its true potentional. clear is launching basically wifi around towns that will be very cheap and very fast as well. the potential is limitless with wimax based on souly 1 thing. price!
    LTE and WiMax are basically the same thing. Just like CDMA and GSM are the same thing: 3G. They are both 4G, they both have great speed and range. The difference is that WiMax was a bit premature. LTE became the world wide standard and now anyone who sticks with WiMax is going to running a non standard protocol for years to come with no perceivable benefits.

You can even upgrade the firmware on WiMax devices and turn them into LTE devices and vice versa, which is likely to happen since WiMax is failing and looks to be another CDMA dead zone.

Anyway, don't start going fan boy on WiMax because it probably won't be around very long.
  5.    #5  
    It is not to far to come IMHO and yes it will be expensive in the beginning, but when it is spread all over, the prices will go down, reachable to the masses. And as you said similiar technologies, in some point will come together for a worlwide use.