Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
How many times does it have to be pointed out that this is what lead to the mortgage meltdown?

Why do you and others just keep repeating this mantra instead of looking honestly at the reality of what lead us to the edge of a great depression?
What led to the Mortgage Meltdown? Massive manipulation of the entire mortgage market, led by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which enabled ALL of this nonsense to take place. Or are you referring to various pressure groups like Acorn, cajoling banks to abandon all reasonable standards and give loans to people who had no chance of paying them off?

Please feel free to explain how government's fingerprints are not all over this entire mess.

Interesting Side note--I went to refinance my home loan recently and noticed in the fees was a .25% fee that wasn't there previously (on the original loans). I said "what's this" and the loan officer stated this was a Freddie Mac fee that was recently added to all loans.

In other words, this miserable failure, populated by many of the people who have great influence in our government (like Rahm Emmanuel) that led us to the edge of a depression is not only receiving billions in taxpayer bailouts, but is also sapping people who are fighting to stave off disaster with another nice fee for nothing in return.

The robbery of the public never ends. Government Sponsored disasters fail, wreaking havoc on our economy, and then we pay, and then pay a little more.

This sure as hell shouldn't be a right-left issue, but rather a citizens vs government issue, but when you've got enough citizens dedicated to hiding and justifying government failure they will never be held accountable.

Congratulations Statists--another win through failure passed onto the public. How much longer should citizens tolerate others harming us in their pursuit of their ideological goals?

KAM