Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by Toby
    *scans thread* Nope, I don't find myself disagreeing anywhere in that thread. Is this the new PDABuzz style of rebuttal, where you attack the person making the statement rather than considering that their statement may be accurate? I don't think your response was abusive enough for Wes's standards, though (not enough platform-zealot and hidden agenda accusations).
    Holy God, what the heck happened over there? I've just started trying to read PDABuzz threads in earnest about a week or so ago, and I see that monster. I mean, it wasn't as if your comment was a crippling attack on him--he's got a bit of a point about deleting posts and such--but man, I can't believe what happened...

...IMHO, If you haven't ended the conversation already, I suggest a final post:

Wes:

...and have done. You both got pretty worked up.

Then it seems that they're a significant enough portion of the 'base' to make him non-representative of the whole.
    *shrug*. I think the "base" is a polling construct of the Party. A PRPRPR $myth$.
    Hey, some people believe in God. I'm not going to question your beliefs no matter how based in personal biases they may be.
    Silly people! God is for everything--except government.
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Holy God, what the heck happened over there?
    I think I touched a nerve.
    I've just started trying to read PDABuzz threads in earnest about a week or so ago, and I see that monster. I mean, it wasn't as if your comment was a crippling attack on him--he's got a bit of a point about deleting posts and such--but man, I can't believe what happened...
    Well, you see, that's the thing. I think techalan already had things pretty well under control. The ad hominems and speculations about my social problems were pretty funny, though. My wife and I had a good laugh over them. Her comments were "Why do you waste your time with 'people' like that?" (she didn't really say people, but that'll suffice) and "he sounds like he's the one who needs a girlfriend with the way he took that comment".
    ...IMHO, If you haven't ended the conversation already, I suggest a final post:

Wes:

...and have done.
    I think it's pretty much ended. Actually, I think my use of the site has ended. At least VC's news is usually either original or a blurb with a link with no pretension of calling a blurb with a link 'original'.
    You both got pretty worked up.
    Don't know about him, but I didn't. I was posting between solving user problems and chats with coworkers on the merits of various operating systems. I'm not going to let some guy with an internet site and a power trip ruin my day (especially yesterday).
    *shrug*. I think the "base" is a polling construct of the Party. A PRPRPR $myth$.
    I think both of the parties' 'bases' are myths. When voter turnout is typically less that 25% of registered voters, and concept of a 'base' is an upside-down triangle.
    Silly people! God is for everything--except government.
    Just like most 'beliefs'.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    [...] I think it's pretty much ended. [...]
    No doubt. Although, I must admit I find it ironic that they exhibit the same attitude which they decry in Palm, i.e. "We've got a 'successful' formula here, and we're not going to change it. If you don't like it, go buy something else." OK, whatever. lol
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    someone want to post a link to that?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    okay, y'all got me to go over to PDABuzz for the first time.

Based on content, I think the thread in question is this one but Toby would need to verify ... unless he'd prefer to just leave it alone. I on the other hand can't seem to stop picking at my scabs. (I also presently work with someone who has a prominent pimple that I actually have to restrain myself from reaching over and popping. I acknowledge I have a problem, but there's no "anonymous" group for me ...)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick
    okay, y'all got me to go over to PDABuzz for the first time.
    Bummer, I'd hate for his poor attitude to get him more eyeballs for his ads.
    Based on content, I think the thread in question is this one but Toby would need to verify ... unless he'd prefer to just leave it alone. [...]
    Yeah, that's the thread. The one where it ends with the guy who felt the need to repost something that had been deleted so he could rant and rail a while accusing me of being melodramatic. Personally, that's where it ends AFAIC. Yesterday, I checked a thread where I was helping a guy getting his Palm and Nokia 3360 talking to follow up with him via email, but I hadn't been back since, and other than verifying that link just now, I really don't see any reason to again. *shrug*
    Some of my beliefs have been challenged. The first: that someone operating at Wes's level (mentally and socially) can command a site with the magnitude of PDABuzz. This leads me to the second: people are a hell of a lot dumber than I've given them credit for (sycophants indeed!). Unfortunately, this casts doubt on my beliefs in democracy as a valid form of gov't, or the ability of the average person to operate a firearm responsibly (combined with their irrational fears about gun ownership). The worse part of all this is that the dumb ones use pre-canned arguments to defend their stupidity. At teast cattle don't pretend to be motivated by "higher ideals." Can I cancel my subscription to humanity?

note for sensitive toes: there has been significantly little of this stupidity spread upon these boards. Thank you all for this little bubble of rational thought.
    -Joshua
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Some of my beliefs have been challenged.
    I deal with the issue of elitism nearly every day. it's so hard to believe in the basic decency and intelligence of humanity when every day your are staggered by the depth and complexity of its sheer stupidity.

Lets form an oligarchic commune.
    are we not that already, with the mods in charge?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.

Unfortunately, membership based on intelligence would allow for a chance to demonstrate one's degree of stupidity. Then we get into how many chances a person has and what qualifies as stupidity (i.e. bureaucracy - which is stupid in and of itself)...

This is why ignorance rules the earth. Stupidity tacitly agrees with itself.
    -Joshua
    I finally got around to reading the thread at the Buzz. Surreal, and pretty disappointing. I like their site, but it went down a notch in my estimation after reading the juvenile manner Wes handled the dispute.
    TobyG, huh?

Are you a relation of Kenny?
    -Joshua
    Some of my beliefs have been challenged.
    Well, I don't think that's a bad thing in and of itself.
    The first: that someone operating at Wes's level (mentally and socially) can command a site with the magnitude of PDABuzz.
    All he needs are good scripts that he can buy. Tact, goodwill, and human decency have to be earned, though.
    This leads me to the second: people are a hell of a lot dumber than I've given them credit for (sycophants indeed!).
    The dumb ones are just easier to spot.
    Unfortunately, this casts doubt on my beliefs in democracy as a valid form of gov't,
    Good thing you don't live in a country that practices it.
    or the ability of the average person to operate a firearm responsibly (combined with their irrational fears about gun ownership).
    That's why I think that gun ownership is a good thing. We need guns to keep the stupid people away.
    The worse part of all this is that the dumb ones use pre-canned arguments to defend their stupidity. At teast cattle don't pretend to be motivated by "higher ideals." Can I cancel my subscription to humanity?
    If you find the phone number, let me know. lol
    note for sensitive toes: there has been significantly little of this stupidity spread upon these boards. Thank you all for this little bubble of rational thought.
    ditto
    TobyG, huh?

Are you a relation of Kenny?
    The only Kenny G I know is a carpenter (hmmm...) who looks like Jesus crossed with Dusty Hill.
    The whole thing at PPCBuzz..umm i Mean PDA buzz was blown way out of proportion. I dont see what the fuss was abotu and I really dont know why Toby decide to leave the board. The whole affair seem a bit petty to me.

Well, I don't think that's a bad thing in and of itself.

Neither would I. I just wasn't fond of thinking of my fellow man as an *****. Thankfully, I don't:

The dumb ones are just easier to spot.

I'll go with this.

Good thing you don't live in a country that practices it.

That was partly my point.

That's why I think that gun ownership is a good thing. We need guns to keep the stupid people away.

I'm not sure, but I think that's much more accurate than you intended.

The only Kenny G I know is a carpenter (hmmm...) who looks like Jesus crossed with Dusty Hill.

Yes, but are you related to him?

Originally posted by yardie

The whole thing at PPCBuzz..umm i Mean PDA buzz was blown way out of proportion. I dont see what the fuss was abotu and I really dont know why Toby decide to leave the board. The whole affair seem a bit petty to me.

What are you doing off topic? Shouldn't you be off defending HS's honor?

At any rate, I don't see how it was blown out of proportion. I would've left in the same circumstance. It's not as if there were some hugely emotional argument.. I'm guessing Toby simply decided that he didn't want his name counted so Wes could make more money hosting advertising.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by yardie
    The whole thing at PPCBuzz..
    You realize of course, that by even suggesting that the site is PPC-biased, you're automatically a Palm-zealot, a Palm shareholder, and a socially retarded malcontent who's jealous of all of their success, don't you? Or at least that's usually the thing that gets bandied about when someone dares to suggest such a thing.
    umm i Mean PDA buzz was blown way out of proportion.
    *shrug*
    I dont see what the fuss was abotu and I really dont know why Toby decide to leave the board.
    Don't really see the point in frequenting a site where the admin takes that sort of tack to conflict.
    The whole affair seem a bit petty to me.
    Well, if this had been the first time he had ever freaked that sort of way, I might have responded differently, but it's not. He typically responds to any sort of questioning about slant with 'palm zealot whiner' type posts. The funny thing is that I never even accused him of that in any of my responses, and he still started throwing the platform thing around. *shrug*
    [...] I'm not sure, but I think that's much more accurate than you intended.
    It's about as accurate as intended.
    Yes, but are you related to him?
    Nope. Just an acquaintance from when I used to do karaoke.
    I'm guessing Toby simply decided that he didn't want his name counted so Wes could make more money hosting advertising.
    Got it in one. In the grand scheme of things, I doubt that one user makes much of a difference, but...
    Very interesting. We've had some 'much better' constructive criticisms over here and we've never managed to get a mod or anyone connected with the site that worked up.

I'm glad I never bothered to go over there for my info (I did briefly get the Avantgo channel for PDA Buzz, but it was soooo boring).

Toby, what kind of soda do you like best (assuming that you drink soda pop)?

a) Coca-Cola
    b) Pepsi Cola
    c) RC Cola
    d) Welches Grape Soda
    e) Fanta
    f) Mr. Pibb
    e) Pocari Sweat
    g) A&W Root Beer
    h) None of the Above
    i) All of the Above
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Very interesting. We've had some 'much better' constructive criticisms over here and we've never managed to get a mod or anyone connected with the site that worked up.
    Perhaps because the mods here have a better grip on reality (although I'm not so sure about miradu )? OK, enough about that stuff. Let's get back to more interesting OT stuff.
    Toby, what kind of soda do you like best (assuming that you drink soda pop)?
    Well, I try to drink as little of it as possible (iced tea, kool-aid type stuff, and water are preferred). However, out of your given choices...
    a) Coca-Cola
    b) Pepsi Cola
    c) RC Cola
    d) Welches Grape Soda
    e) Fanta
    f) Mr. Pibb
    e) Pocari Sweat
    g) A&W Root Beer
    h) None of the Above
    i) All of the Above
    Tough call. Wild Cherry Pepsi is what I get these days if I'm getting soda.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast