1.    #1  
    Hi,

wondering if anyone has some indepth knowledge of digital cameras.

the main thing i need is to be able to view the lcd while the camera is pointed at me--need for a project that includes a series of self portraits.

i know the powershot g2 does this, and the coolpix 5000. i think the coolpix 995 also does this, but i'm not sure.

are there any other cameras that i can do this with? also, anyone use any of the above three? thoughts on them? pros and cons?

thanks,

mc
    When I got ready to purchase my DigitalCamera there were a couple of pages I found extremely useful. Hopefully, these links can help provide some information.

DPReview

MegaPixel

ImagingResource

DCResource
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    chicken,

I did a lot of research before I bought my digital camera last year. I bought the Canon Powershot G1 (as I couldn't wait for the G2). It has been a great camera. I would buy the G2 in a shot if a needed to replace it.

. . . . Brian
    im not sure if any other brand has this but olympus has something where ou can hook the camera up to a tv and have the view screen be your tv. If you do it that way it may be a cheaper solution to buying one with a screen you can see on the camera. Or just use a web cam.
    Originally posted by thepromoter
    im not sure if any other brand has this but olympus has something where ou can hook the camera up to a tv and have the view screen be your tv. If you do it that way it may be a cheaper solution to buying one with a screen you can see on the camera. Or just use a web cam.
    My Kodak DC240i and my parents' DC3400 both have that. They had theirs for a few months before they realized it could do that (I used the feature on mine one Christmas and they asked if theirs could do it too).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #6  
    thanks to all who posted. i am going with a g2. should have it in about a week.

that dpreview.com site rocks!

mc
    i just got the olympus d-40 and it came with a remote. So with that you would be able to set it up on the tv and not even have to hold the camera. Its pretty nifty. Add another remote to my collection
  8.    #8  
    got my g2 today and it rocks! paid c$1150 (which is about us$725).

thanks to all who offered opinions. i'm very satisfied!

mc