Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    "Cook the numbers" would imply that he stated incorrect numbers.
    I'd expect that that video was labelled and someone was either very careless or grabbed it anyway.
    It is Hannity's credibility on the line, and I'm sure he is involved with the segments and what they are. Production details...I'd bet he isn't watching over the shoulder of the production staff. Hannity comes on at 9:00 Eastern? His Radio show ends at...what is it 6:00pm eastern?
    So shows air without the host, for whom the show is named after, proofing the video his staff edits for him? I really doubt that.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    I hope many in here saw Glenn Beck today.....he had an all black audience and panel today and it was quite interesting how some blacks have the same opinion as many whites about liberal views and Obama, and yet whites are called racists for saying the same thing. Were the blacks on his show all black racists? Now, I admit Glenn Beck is a talk show host and it is not a "news" show, but sure is nice to have a station that would put something like this on.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I hope many in here saw Glenn Beck today.....he had an all black audience and panel today and it was quite interesting how some blacks have the same opinion as many whites about liberal views and Obama, and yet whites are called racists for saying the same thing. Were the blacks on his show all black racists? Now, I admit Glenn Beck is a talk show host and it is not a "news" show, but sure is nice to have a station that would put something like this on.
    I like it when he puts the Vicks Vaporub under his eyes to start crying.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I like when he makes up things like "health care reform will cover pets", and folks say he "dares to speak the truth".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I like when he makes up things like "health care reform will cover pets", and folks say he "dares to speak the truth".
    I like when he points out communists in the Obama administration and then they are forced to resign.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Did you watch the show?

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    There will never be an investigation. Hannity is merely a voice for Rupert Murdock's agenda. Rather was an actual journalist. There is a HUGE difference. I mean, if what you are saying is true, Glenn Beck should have been fired for his Obama is a racist comments, but all he got was a weeks vacation out of it...
    Ah, Dan Rather should be held to a higher standard because Hannity is just an entertainer and Fox is simple entertainment at best and a shill for Murdock's agenda at worst. Is this what you're saying?

If so, then I guess what Rather did was really much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Ah, Dan Rather should be held to a higher standard because Hannity is just an entertainer and Fox is simple entertainment at best and a shill for Murdock's agenda at worst. Is this what you're saying?

If so, then I guess what Rather did was really much worse.
    Yes, what Rather did WAS worse, and he was no longer an anchor on network TV because of it. His staff made up or did not fact check a memo that lied about a president. Legit journolists can not and should not be able to get away with that. FOX news on the other hand, is NOT NEWS! That is why Hannity and Beck can get away with saying whatever garbage and lies about the current president that they have been saying. It is all in line with Murdock's extreme right wing agenda. None of this would be tolerated on an actual news channel or program.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Is it just me, or isn't this all about comparing apples and oranges? Hannity is hardly a journalist, any more than is Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly. At *best* they're commentators, but they're really there to stir ratings up.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Is it just me, or isn't this all about comparing apples and oranges? Hannity is hardly a journalist, any more than is Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly. At *best* they're commentators, but they're really there to stir ratings up.
    I think you could go ahead and state that Fox News is hardly journalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Agreed, but we need Fox to balance K.O., Rachel Maddow and the rest of MSNBC.
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Yes, what Rather did WAS worse, and he was no longer an anchor on network TV because of it. His staff made up or did not fact check a memo that lied about a president. Legit journolists can not and should not be able to get away with that. FOX news on the other hand, is NOT NEWS! That is why Hannity and Beck can get away with saying whatever garbage and lies about the current president that they have been saying. It is all in line with Murdock's extreme right wing agenda. None of this would be tolerated on an actual news channel or program.
    Actually, Micael is right that Hannity et al are not journalists but commentators. Fox, just like CNN and MSNBC, has an editorial staff and a hard news staff. It is a news organization. You may not like their reporting or choice of stories but that doesn't detract from the fact.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    well let's put NPR, CNN and MSNBC in there too
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.com View Post
    Agreed, but we need Fox to balance K.O., Rachel Maddow and the rest of MSNBC.
    Or you could focus on real journalists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    well let's put NPR, CNN and MSNBC in there too
    Can't agree with you on NPR and CNN. NPR definitely sticks to journalism and CNN is a journalistic tool that simply regurgitates whatever talking points either side is spewing without investigating them.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Can't agree with you on NPR and CNN. NPR definitely sticks to journalism and CNN is a journalistic tool that simply regurgitates whatever talking points either side is spewing without investigating them.
    I agree with you on the CNN, and I'd say that NPR is similar, but just regurgitates whatever talking points on the left is spewing. Don't get me wrong. I like NPR, and listen daily. All things considered is one of my favorite shows. But dude, come on.... balanced journalism?

Its interesting that you think NPR is maintains an objective stance. A lot what people think is biased is based on where they themselves stand on the political spectrum. People often determine what is objective based on their own political positions which they consider mainstream or their own "political center." That is why, for example, many conservative think the NYtimes is liberal, while if you go to many liberal sites like daily kos or thenation, they eviscerate the NYtimes for being too conservative!

Thus I really think its hard to pin down when certain outlets are being biased or not (msbnc and foxnews not-withstanding). It ia much more feasible imo to determine if they are being balanced and fair. I can live with bias in a news report if there is an opposing viewpoint also being given equal opportunity. In that case, I don't think NPR or the NYtimes are equally balanced overall. The NYtimes editorial page certainly isn't and often NPR isn't....which of course is based on my political center!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    How is that different than Fox?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ok check this video out, or just the first few minutes, its an pmsnbc edit a really bad one at that.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast