1.    #1  
    Just wanted to give a place for people to thank the Veterans on this forum on the United States national Veterans day (observance)
    I am not a vet, I do not necessarily agree with the various military actions my country makes, but I very much appreciate what veterans have done and sacrafised for my liberties.

I just wanted to say thank-you. I know that this is a forum and far from a sacred and serine place to pay a respect, but i hope that if some veteran somewhere has not had someone express there gratitude and respect toward them yet, they can find some here.

please feel free to share stories about veterans, be they friends, family, unknown, or yourself.

Please, this is a thread that is intended for thanking veterans. it is not about arguments, of which war may be the most debase form, it is about individuals. Please do not post comments that are negative, or could be construed as such, be they political, ideological, philisophical, cultural ect.

Please don't degrade veterans, and similarly, don't degrade people who protest, this is not a place to air greivence or stir debate.

I also understand that this is not a US specific forum, and that others from other countries have sacrificed as well, I ask that you give thanks without nationalistic or patriotic prejudice, but with deference to the individual. Please refrain from potentially loaded phrases like "true patriot" or "evil" and the like, this is not a thread about judgment, it is strictly an expression of thanks.

If this thread stirs something in you, and you have to post something that might fall outside of my intended purpose, please create a thread of your own.

in other words, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Moderators, please help keep this thread free from disrespect and debate.
    I thank you!

My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3. KAM1138
    Thanks Veterans. Without you and your service I'd not have the country that I love.

KAM
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Thank you to the men and women in uniform who have served this country. God bless you and your family.
    applebees here i come! Thank u all who served and are serving.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I thank you!

That gave me heart burn.

First class... lol... I was a 1st class... then I left...

Joining the military was the best thing that ever happened to me... and leaving the military was the second best thing to ever happen to me.

Well, maybe not leaving the military but going back to school... working for myself... and being able to do crazy things that I would have never done had I stayed.

I've been thinking a lot about war and the impact on military families... don't forget the military families!!!!

They serve just as much as the military member... it is rough...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    thanks to those of you with a soul to care the heart to fight and the guts to do something about it !!!!!!!! happy veterans day!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I honor my grandfather, a USAF veteran, who served in WWII and the Korean War. The military was his ticket out of the segregated South. Despite facing prejudice in the military, he had a career of which he is immensely proud. He still signs his name TSgt. (Ret.).
    i Thank All Men And Women Protecting All of Us...God Bless You And Your Loved Ones..
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

I've been thinking a lot about war and the impact on military families... don't forget the military families!!!!

They serve just as much as the military member... it is rough...
    Thank you for remembering the families. Being a Navy wife, I can honestly say we serve too and is more difficult than people think. Thanks to everyone who has served past/present/future. You sacrifice so much and I appreciate all you do.