1.    #1  
    Hi, everybody!

I don't have much money and I was recently given a decent entertainment center with 5 speakers for free from a friend's neighbor. It is a Sony TV stand with 5 speakers. They are pretty big but I'm sure they'll do the trick just fine in my small room. I am considering buying an Aiwa Stereo Receiver - Model AV-D57U because someone I know only wants 20 bucks for it. He's a close friend so I know it works fine he just upgraded.

My question is, If I wanted to hook up my Lenovo G530 4446-35U to this system, would it work? I'm not too savvy when it comes to home audio. I just want some better sound and I want to put these free speakers to use.

Currently I have a bunch of speaker wire and one 3.5mm (female) to Audio (white and red (also female)) splitter. So I figured I could use an aux cable to go from my Lenovo's headphone jack to the splitter, then from the splitter a Red and White male-to-male cable to the Receiver.

Will this work? Will I get sound from all of the speakers even though my laptop doesn't have 5.1 Surround Sound?

Also, I was never given a woofer... just 5 speakers. I was wondering if I could use a car subwoofer with an amp or something to add bass.

I know this is a long and scattered post but any help will be appreciated. And I'm not totally certain that this is the right place to post but I figured it was off topic and I don't like any other forums other than precentral.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mokash34; 11/10/2009 at 02:57 PM.
    Sure is gonna work if u have something working like amplifier as the ent center connect the headphone jack in ur pc and red and white to the aux in ur ent center!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Sure is gonna work if u have something working like amplifier as the ent center connect the headphone jack in ur pc and red and white to the aux in ur ent center!
    Thanks for the quick response! I'm sorry but I'm trying to better understand your statement. So, are you saying that I will get sound as long as the signal is amplified?
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    thanks for the quick response! I'm sorry but i'm trying to better understand your statement. So, are you saying that i will get sound as long as the signal is amplified?
    what im saying is if u have the ent center this work to amplifier the sound in your speakers so if u connect ur pc to the ent center the sound from the pc ... Is going to be amplified for the ent center to work fine!

I hope im understable!
  5.    #5  
    what im saying is if u have the ent center this work to amplifier the sound in your speakers so if u connect ur pc to the ent center the sound from the pc ... Is going to be amplified for the ent center to work fine!

I hope im understable!

Thanks for the clarification! Will this give me surround sound or just sound out of all of the speakers?
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    thanks for the clarification! Will this give me surround sound or just sound out of all of the speakers?
    sorround !

Set the sound in ur pc too

control panel>>>sound and audio devices >>volume look for speaker settings >>>advance>>> speakers look for speakers set up >>> and sorround sound speakers!
  7.    #7  
    sorround !

Set the sound in ur pc too

control panel>>>sound and audio devices >>volume look for speaker settings >>>advance>>> speakers look for speakers set up >>> and sorround sound speakers!
    thanks again! i will try to do it all this week and I'll be back with questions or updates!