Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    this is silly and they need to fix it soon. Is there a huge market for 4G among vista users? If you are looking at 4G the odds are you have heard of windows 7. I'm just sayin
    Is the info in this thread helpful?:
    4G Modem (Sprint U300) Not working with Windows 7
    If you gotta go through all that I'd say the answer is no.

Clear is not Win7 certified as yet.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    yeah, I know I can make it work. People have been doing it since back with the windows 7 beta. But I was trying to buy it for someone who isn't tech savy and they wouldn't be able to call tech support if it wasn't working. It looks like people are having a real hard time with the sprint modem, where as the clear modem works as long as you install the vista driver manually. What idiots overlooked this. They didn't think the early adopters might be early adopters? Vista and xp are out. If you buy a new computer its gonna have windows 7.
    Last edited by jbelew; 11/08/2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    yeah, I know I can make it work. People have been doing it since back with the windows 7 beta. But I was trying to buy it for someone who isn't tech savy and they wouldn't be able to call tech support if it wasn't working. It looks like people are having a real hard time with the sprint modem, where as the clear modem works as long as you install the vista driver manually. What idiots overlooked this. They didn't think the early adopters might be early adopters? Vista and xp are out. If you buy a new computer its gonna have windows 7.
    It is sprint after all. No surprise really.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson