1.    #1  
    I am wondering if it would be in the long-term interests of Apple to give the iPhone to Sprint instead of Verizon. A lot of people are unhappy with the cost and service of AT&T network, maybe releasing it to Sprint for an exclusive CDMA phone for U.S. market, might make long-term sense.

The additional subscribers might help push the market into a competitive three-way race, encouraging more deals and discounts for handsets. As compared to a two market race as it is right now with Verizon and AT&T.

Just think long-term might be better for Apple to have a market where a cell company might fight over future apple products, give strong incentives for production, etc.
    Not possible. Simply because CDMA doesn't allow simultanious voice/data use. But maybe the iPhone 4G. (w/ a dual CDMA/WiMax radio) Your thougts?
    I Would Love To See The Iphone On Sprint, I Would Get It In A Second.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    IMHO, game over for Palm and the Pre if Sprint started selling the iPhone. Can you imagine all the TV commercials Sprint would run?

Palm would have to give away the Pre to compete with the $99 iPhone.

Trying to love the Pre, but would jump ship to the iPhone in a second.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSPARTAN003 View Post
    Not possible. Simply because CDMA doesn't allow simultanious voice/data use. But maybe the iPhone 4G. (w/ a dual CDMA/WiMax radio) Your thougts?
    Why isn't this possible? Is there something that the iphone does that requires voice/data simultanious use that wouldn't allow the phone to funciton on Sprint? I understand that this is a feature that is "nice to have" but I don't understand why is makes having the CDMA iphone on Sprint impossibe.
    But with AT&T, sometime neither voice nor data are available and people still use the iPhone. (There's a map for that.)
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    That statement is irrelevant. Because the iphone doesn't need simultaneous voice and data to function.. On the flip side i don't even like the iphone but that would kill all others hands down.
    I hate to say this but I woulda jumped on iPhone from the get go if it wasn't on AT&T! Should I feel guilty about saying that?? I've had Sprint for years and never had trouble with service or coverage - well there was that AIRAVE issue? Gosh darn now I'm gonna get all excited about getting an iPhone, plus I'll have to hold off getting an iTouch for Christmas!!! Darn you all!!!!!!!