1.    #1  
    Hey Miradu,

got a quick question for you. i think about a year or so ago you mention a web site in SF that helped people with no, um, social graces lean how to dress themselves and be "hipper". a service where guys pay women to take them shopping or something like that. i made a bet with someone that i wasn't making this thing up and he wants proof.

thanks,

mc
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    ...got a quick question for you. i think about a year or so ago you mention a web site in SF that helped people with no, um, social graces lean how to dress themselves and be "hipper". a service where guys pay women to take them shopping or something like that. i made a bet with someone that i wasn't making this thing up and he wants proof.

thanks,

mc
    So chicken, is this is just another let's put San Francisco down (because we'e actually envious of SF) story??? Don't other cities have "personal shoppers" at stores like Nordstroms?

. . . . Brian
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by kalahari

So chicken, is this is just another let's put San Francisco down (because we'e actually envious of SF) story??? Don't other cities have "personal shoppers" at stores like Nordstroms?

. . . . Brian
    well, i do hate SF (very long story), but that wasn't the point. no.

this service that i was asking about, if i remember correctly, wasn't at a store. it was a company that takes people shopping to different stores. it also had a tech element i think. i can't remember exactly.

it wasn't a bet as in "you won't believe this exists" but more i was trying to convince him it existed because he needs such a service.

mc
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    got a quick question for you. i think about a year or so ago you mention a web site in SF that helped people with no, um, social graces lean how to dress themselves and be "hipper". a service where guys pay women to take them shopping or something like that. i made a bet with someone that i wasn't making this thing up and he wants proof.
    I could have sworn that they profiled something like that on TechTV's The Screen Savers a while back. They're in San Francisco, so a search of their site might turn up something.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    From the January issue of Business 2.0:

FIELD TEST
    68 I My Makeover
    With the help from a fashion consultancy called Geek Boy Services , our intrepid reporter makes the leap from dork to babe-magnet--all for a thousand bucks. By Mark Athitakis

Good luck on your, um, bet.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Good luck on your, um, bet.
    Um, I have this friend, and um, well, I, I mean he thinks that you're cute and stuff. And, um, like, would want me to, like, um, totally like tell him you're like--dating someone else? Or, um, are you like, available? Um, yeah?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by BobbyMike

Good luck on your, um, bet. [/B]
    thanks for the link. that's definitely the service.

and i knew someone was gonna imply i needed it for myself. haha.

mc
    hey1 now it's my turn to speak in the thread which has my name in the title! spiffy! Sorry I didn't post sooner, you'll see by the lack of new news on the main site (lots happenned today), that I've been busy.

It appears that the site has been found, and what I would of said is this.

"How the (bleep) to you expect me to remember a site that I visited months ago?" j/k

I visit more than 100 different sites a day thanks to places like fark and bbspot - I hardly ever remember nything but visorcetral and pic

Good to hear that you found it... And I hope that the money you win on this bet was worth it

see ya
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff