Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I love all monkeys. I have three myself. I've shaved them and they go with me everywhere. Amazingly, with no body hair, they show a remarkable resemblence to me. Now that's hot!
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    I love all monkeys. I have three myself. I've shaved them and they go with me everywhere. Amazingly, with no body hair, they show a remarkable resemblence to me. Now that's hot!
    eeeee... shaved monkeys... there's always someone who will take it that one step too far...
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

eeeee... shaved monkeys... there's always someone who will take it that one step too far...
    ...and this time it's me:

Shaved Monkey doing the Macarena on the Moon!

Can you visualize it? Once you do, you are forsaken by all that is good and holy.
    Aren't you supposed to be working?
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Aren't you supposed to be working?
    Silence!! Foolish Mortal! There are depths to the universe which your shaven monkey mind cannot comprehend.....

I mean, ..er, yes. I have to go now.
    Beaten down by the sheer weight of Deitical disapproval, the shaven monkey minded mere mortal logs off the internet and goes about his daily business, chastened and ill at ease.
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    You mean nobody's got their home page set to VisorCentral? Shame on you!
    I do. Honest, I'm not sucking up.

I typically also visit slashdot.org, cruel.com, and treomb.com daily.
    Jeff
    www.thestate.com

Which wouldn't be of interest to anyone who doesn't live here. (Local paper)
    News.com for me!
    Yahoo.com. but with a 'twist'. I have sports on top because I know it's not something I'll otherwise pay attention to (don't read the sports page except during the US Open). That way, if there's a tennis headline, I'll catch it. Also the DOW Jones graph. A quick glance is all I have time for. 2 areas covered in about 2 seconds (except on that rare occasion that I want to read a story). The local movie times--rarely used but valuable when needed--are on the page. Oh and the 'travel destination' (a quick fantasy trip-rarely opened) So, in a matter of a few seconds, I've vacationed, found out Agassi fired his coach, saw that I could have lost/won a ton of money and have opened my email. Nice diversion.
    'Make everything as simple as possible but not simpler'--Albert Einstein
  11.    #31  
    I continue to use Yahoo, but they recently started using the extra-annoying hovering popup windows that "fly out" of the top banner ad and obscure the underlying content. My search for a new start page continues...
    Last edited by Keefer Lucas; 01/31/2002 at 03:51 PM.
    Mmm... I obviously haven't devoted as much time as you to my home page. I've always just used Yahoo as it was the first search engine i ever used.

However the pop-ups they've recently added are so damn annoying i'm going to have to go on a search too.
    I use IWon . I read the headlines and have to go on line enough times at work that my entries add up. In the last year-and-a-half I've used it I've already won about $500US.
    Jonathan
    I use my.yahoo.com it is set up as my personal portal.

Lee
    I need a new signature!
    For me, it depends on the browser and the OS:

> If MacOS 9.x and IE & Netscape, then Earthlink's startpage

> If MacOS X.x and Netscape, then Netscape startpage

> If MacOS X.x and OmniWeb, then Guardian Unlimited

> If winME and Eartlink browser, then Wil Wheaton Dot Net

> If winME and IE, then Earthlink's startpage

> If winME and Netscape, then Yahoo

You'll notice I don't have IE under osX... It not only consistently crashes under X, but it's the only program that I've seen crash X itself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12