Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am a blue collar, working class person. I vote democrat, because I believe they better represent working class people.
    You vote ONLY democrat? And if so why. There is no conformity in any party anymore.
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #22  
    And while we're at it, let's figure out a way to remove the grip Labor Unions has on our representatives.... and dismantling ineffective tax hogs like the NEA would be a nice start.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    This is an unproductive game of political fantasizing, IMO. But, what the heck:

    It seems perfectly reasonable to me that a person who claims to be beyond middle-age who is also supposed to be well-informed to know that financial disclosures are a requirement to running for national office, as well as those serving appointments. Same goes for political donation record requirements. Applying a little critical thinking is far from attacking anyone.

    But since we're just fantasizing about what can never materialize:

    Make illegal all lobbying and PACs to remove the influences which do not represent the people at-large. This also forces a more direct relationship dynamic between the elected and the people.

    Close the tax loophole that allows 527s to exist.

    As previously stated, public financing to remove the fund-raising consumption of effort and energy from those we elect.

    Under the public financing of elections, also place a cap in total dollars allocated for advertising as well as limiting how close to election day advertising can run.
    AS you see I had given thanks to for this post even though it was not as I had asked.
    Yes we all know that this is a wish list that will never happen and I agree with much of what you say. However is there a way that you can just condense in one post most of you thoughts as bullets. Like a shopping list. And we understand that they are your points.
    Try once. List 7-10 points.
    bet you can't do it. What do you win if you do. You get to prove me wrong in thinking you can't.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    And while we're at it, let's figure out a way to remove the grip Labor Unions has on our representatives.... and dismantling ineffective tax hogs like the NEA would be a nice start.
    I could not agree more. As some of you know I am in a union. Local 1071 Rochester Fire Fighters. And a large portion of my dues go to the national. I believe that the unions have served us well. They brought up standards that many would not have received any other way. The problem I see now is that Unions seem to always want more and in the state the US is in now there is no more for the people or companies to give. Look here in NY. We have more people moving out of this state every day. Taxes are almost the highest in the nation and the governments are starting to get it but the unions will not allow the cut in pay or layoffs.
    Then there are my dues. The National selects the most liberal people to endorse and yet the members like myself have NO say. I seem to recall that there was talk a few years back on making unions allow members to have choice of who the money went to. Great idea ..... still waiting.
  5.    #25  
    Don't expect ideas from "Paid" trolls. Their job is to just try to ridicule anyone who does not tote the party line.
  6. #26  
    Party line.... Is there really any more? At one time is was one for business and the other for people. Now it is just a mess of crap and there are those that can't see it.
    I am afraid to say the sky is blue for the debate on how it is really gray. And then I know better. The sky is not blue anymore. And rain is not neutral. it is acidic.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Party line.... Is there really any more? At one time is was one for business and the other for people. Now it is just a mess of crap and there are those that can't see it.
    I am afraid to say the sky is blue for the debate on how it is really gray. And then I know better. The sky is not blue anymore. And rain is not neutral. it is acidic.
    There are some things BOTH parties agree on.
    - Let's see how much money we can get (and spend)
    - Let's see how much power we can get (they take turns with this)
    - Let's see how we can control behavior (done with taxes or spending)
    - The opposing party is corrupt (truth is-they both are)

    How are they different?
    -
    -
    Sorry, I couldn't think of any examples.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    There are some things BOTH parties agree on.
    - Let's see how much money we can get (and spend)
    - Let's see how much power we can get (they take turns with this)
    - Let's see how we can control behavior (done with taxes or spending)
    - The opposing party is corrupt (truth is-they both are)

    How are they different?
    -
    -
    Sorry, I couldn't think of any examples.
    One is represented by blue the other red
    One has an Elephant the other a Donkey
    I think that's about it
    One has more uninformed then the other.......lol... Let me know which one
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions