1.    #1  
    ...Meanwhile, Wal-Mart said this week it would expand to more than 3,200 stores a mobile service plan, developed with TracFone Wireless Inc, the U.S. unit of Mexican cellphone giant America Movil.

The TracFone offering includes a $30 prepaid plan for 1,000 minutes -- a price that analysts said threatened to hurt profit margins across the U.S. wireless sector....

Wal-Mart attacks new markets with big price cuts | U.S. | Reuters

On page #2
    Last edited by palandri; 10/17/2009 at 11:53 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

FYI $0.03 and .03 are not the same thing. The title should say 3

.03/minute would mean that a $30 plan would get you 100,000 minutes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    FYI $0.03 and .03 are not the same thing. The title should say 3

.03/minute would mean that a $30 plan would get you 100,000 minutes.
    Opps! I see what you're saying! I was to fast with my algebra. I changed it to 3.

I think Walmart is going to have a big fight over this. I "think" the cheapest Prepaid is about 6 a minute through any of the major carriers. The major carriers will be screaming at the FCC that it's unfair competition.
    Last edited by palandri; 10/18/2009 at 12:07 AM.

Well, any way you look at it, that is a VERY cheap plan, and with the tightening up of credit standards for cell phones that I've watched over the last few years, combined with an uncertain job market where people are afraid of getting tied to contracts they might not be able to fulfill, I can see where this plan could be HUGE.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Well, any way you look at it, that is a VERY cheap plan, and with the tightening up of credit standards for cell phones that I've watched over the last few years, combined with an uncertain job market where people are afraid of getting tied to contracts they might not be able to fulfill, I can see where this plan could be HUGE.
    I agree!

I thought Cricket was about the cheapest, but I guess it's not after looking here: My Cricket Website