Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really hate the weeks surrounding major PDA releases. I spend more time on these %$$##@! boards than I spend in my own skin.

Somebody tie me down....
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    HAHA!!!! I know the feeling. I find myself checking the board every 5 minutes rather than my normal hourly check of new posts just because of the the whole "traditional organizer" bit Dubinsky threw at us. The only other time i remember being this fervent about the boards were about the false rumors of a Prism II in June/July and later pre-Neo/Pro announcements.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    Hi, my name is Bernie, and I'm an, um, postaholic?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    postaholic
    Hmmm... what does that make me???
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Hi, I'm Teri, and I'm a PDAholic.

I try to avoid these message boards but my browser is set on auto pilot. It drags me kicking and screaming to this site and I spend far too much time reading the posts. I linger in the background...rarely posting...because frankly, I don't have much to say. (Mostly because I am so giddy from the information I obtain here, I'm afraid I would stutter and slur.)

Where was that 12 step program? Didn't I read about it here once? Someone save me...

If at first you don't succeed....hide all evidence that you tried...
    dude, you guys are amateurs. me, I got it real real bad..

real bad.

get out while you still can, before it's too late.

Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    dude, you guys are amateurs. me, I got it real real bad..
    aw, c'mon, you're only the #5 top poster.
    MarkEagle is due for an intervention. He's got a serious problem. Major postage abuse.
    d'ya suppose the Betty Ford clinic would be able to help him?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  8.    #8  
    [babble]It started so innocently. I had a Pilot Professional for 2 years, and didn't even know Palm had a website. I'm now on my 3rd handheld in less than 18 mos, and planning on a fourth by June. I am registered on at least 7 different boards that constantly "ping, ping, ping" my e-mailbox. I can barely remember how to drive home every day, but surfing these boards I'm somehow able to think in five-dimensional space. [/babble]

The palmaholic's world, compare and contrast:

The American Dream:
    Own your own home
    Palmaholic's Dream:
    AvantGo and Datebk4 against a "Paper White" display.

Current Events:
    Is Islam really a benevolent religion?
    Palmaholic's Events:
    Is Sony really a benevolent licensee?

Public outrage:
    Gary Condit
    Palmaholic Outrage:
    Carl Yankowski

Soccer Mom:
    "Do your homework Billy, and I'll drive you to McDonalds!"
    Palmaholic Uncle:
    "Touch my CLIE kid, and I'll send you home in the case!!"
    Last edited by slotmachine; 01/17/2002 at 06:28 PM.
    Originally posted by Yorick

aw, c'mon, you're only the #5 top poster.
    MarkEagle is due for an intervention. He's got a serious problem. Major postage abuse.
    d'ya suppose the Betty Ford clinic would be able to help him?
    But look at their posts per day. MarkEagle has 3.79 posts/day while dietrichbohn has 4.31 posts/day. To be the #5 top poster and be a member for less than a year really shows that he has a problem. MarkEagle at least has an excuse for his high numbers, he is a moderator.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by volcanopele
    MarkEagle at least has an excuse for his high numbers, he is a moderator.
    MarkEagle also ROCKS, just ask slot_again!
    Originally posted by slotmachine

MarkEagle also ROCKS, just ask slot_again!
    Actually, under my definition, the one in most need for intervention is ****-richardson, with 4.66 posts/day. I, however, am #68 and have only 1.65 posts/day. I don't have an addiction. I don't have a problem. Do I?
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
  12.    #12  
    Depends. How many times have you taken your PDA with you and forgotten your WALLET? Feel free to pull up a couch....
    Depends. How many times have you taken your PDA with you and forgotten your WALLET? Feel free to pull up a couch....
    That happens lots of times. The worst day @ school this year was the day I forgot my VPL on the kitchen table. I felt naked. I felt dumb. I couldn't function. I couldn't find out what happend on this day in 1615.
  14.    #14  
    A traumatic experience to be sure, but if the alarm goes off on your DateBook and no one is there to hear it, are you really late?
    Last edited by slotmachine; 01/17/2002 at 08:46 PM.
    A traumatic experience to be sure, but if the alarm goes off on your DateBook and no one is there to here it, are you really late?
    You should write a Palm addicts guide to philosophy But it was a tramatic event. I have come to depend on my Visor. In fact, I no longer remember things I need to do. I just look at my palm to remember. This leaves room for other stuff. For example, today I got a crash course in quantum mechanics and standard model. Of course, all my notes are in my Palm. Thats not obsessed. Finally, I only keep one window open at all time with Visorcentral discussions in it.
    What about me? Do I count for anything!??! I'm only 15 too! plus I run a 6 am - 6 pm school day! BEAT THAT!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    3.79 posts/day... 4.31 posts/day...
    It's not about quantity, it's quality!

MarkEagle at least has an excuse for his high numbers, he is a moderator.
    Actually, I'd guess that less than 10% of my posts are official moderator posts. My problem is that this site is so addictive... I start getting jittery if I haven't checked out the forums in more than an hour... ok, more like 5 minutes!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    What about me? Do I count for anything!??! I'm only 15 too! plus I run a 6 am - 6 pm school day! BEAT THAT!
    Okay, Okay! I got a crash course in quantum mechanics today and the test is next week. The test will consist of solving schroeder's equation. AND I can' t use my VPL.
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Actually, I'd guess that less than 10% of my posts are official moderator posts. My problem is that this site is so addictive... I start getting jittery if I haven't checked out the forums in more than an hour... ok, more like 5 minutes!
    I understand that. But as a moderator, you a least have an excuse for being on Visorcentral all the time. And in that time, posting messages.
    you a least have an excuse for being on Visorcentral all the time.
    Not according to my wife...
    MarkEagle
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast