View Poll Results: After reading post one. I believe:

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama records should be finnally brought to light.

26 28.26%
  • He has already shown all that is needed to be President.

44 47.83%
  • He is president now. Leave him alone.

22 23.91%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have seen several cases brought to court in New Jersey, Washington D.C. and now here is one in California that looks like it is going to trial. Most of the cases in the past have been denied or delayed until further notice. As a point of interest " one can not take a sitting President to court". Yet what if the President is not qualified by the constitution.... Kind of a catch 22.

Below is one of the many posting after the latest court hearing.
    therightperspective.org

Federal Judge David Carter has set a date of January 26, 2010 for a lawsuit questioning Barack Obama’s eligibility to hold the office of President of the United States based on his “natural born” status.

Judge Carter dismissed Obama attorney team requests for a dismissal of the case, cutting them off several times and saying that “this is a very serious case” which must be resolved quickly for the sake of American troops stationed overseas in the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Witnesses report that Obama’s two attorneys left the 90-minute hearing looking “defeated and nervous.”

Judge Carter ordered early discovery for the trial back on Sept. 15th. The issue of early discovery means Obama’s lawyers must produce documents, including his hospital records, birth certificate, name of doctor, and all of the signatures, proving his natural born status within 30 days.

Should the case actually go to arguments before Judge Carter, it will be the first time the merits of the case will be heard in an open court.
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that if he wasn't a natural born citizen, then one of his opponents in the primaries would have been able to find proof and get rid of him as competition.

However, I'm glad to see this move forward and get a trial date. One way or another, this should end the debate.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that if he wasn't a natural born citizen, then one of his opponents in the primaries would have been able to find proof and get rid of him as competition.

However, I'm glad to see this move forward and get a trial date. One way or another, this should end the debate.
    I agree that this will finally be over. As far as his opponents though there was a team of attorneys in 12 states having documents sealed in court. Most notable Hawaii.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I agree that this will finally be over. As far as his opponents though there was a team of attorneys in 12 states having documents sealed in court. Most notable Hawaii.
    And that's a big part of why this debate exists at all. Regardless of how likely or unlikely this may be, it is 'possible' that he does not fully qualify as a natural born citizen.
    The only way that Obama's "natural born citizen" status can be disputed is if it can be proven that he wasn't born in Hawaii. It seems that if that was the case, it would have been found out by now. OTOH, all the counter arguments about how this is the first time Presidents/candidates have been questioned are also off base. McCain would probably have also had a few questions (although assuming his parents were full citizens, those could have easily have been discounted).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #6  
    Any document pertaining to Obama and his birth were sealed by court in Hawaii. And as such we can not and do not have a true factual idea what these documents say. We don't even really know if there is a birth certificate in the documents there. Just as a picture, the original documents are worth a 1000 words. With hope this case will put it to rest.
    and I hope when its proven he is a citizen, the plantifs are saddled with every dime of expense the state and the feds paid for the defense. A crushing penalty is called for to discourage such frivolous lawsuits. If he is not a natural citizen, then obviously he needs to resign. I seriously doubt that's the case.

FYI based on the comments on that board and the articles they publish, I'd look for somewhere a bit more fair and balanced to get your news. That site is as partisan as it gets.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/10/2009 at 09:58 PM.
    Any document pertaining to Obama and his birth were sealed by court in Hawaii. And as such we can not and do not have a true factual idea what these documents say. We don't even really know if there is a birth certificate in the documents there. Just as a picture, the original documents are worth a 1000 words. With hope this case will put it to rest.
    Not even close to true - his birth certificate has been seen and attested to by a number of sources.

http://factcheck.org/elections-2008/...n_the_usa.html
    http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5...rtificate.html

The Honolulu Observer put a birth announcement in the paper when he was born....if he wasn't born in Hawaii, the conspiracy must have started before he was born, with the sole purpose of making him eligible to be president (remember, his mother was a US citizen, so he didn't have to be born in Hawaii to be a citizen). From Factcheck.org:
    Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.

The whole issue belongs with Bigfoot and the Kennedy conspiracies, and is just one more effort to portray Obama as "different", "foreign", and "not like us" (assuming the "us" equals angry white men).
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/10/2009 at 10:05 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

how about that orly taint lady...wow, i'd run far away from any issue she's in front of. Wacko. She likes to accuse judges of treason, and assign her self to cases without the plantifs permission. She needs to be deported to israel where according to her a majority of the people think she's right.Gee wonder if its because of obamas stance on those illegal settlements.....she's the traitor.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Not even close to true - his birth certificate has been seen and attested to by a number of sources. The whole issue belongs with Bigfoot and the Kennedy conspiracies, and is just one more effort to portray Obama as "different", "foreign", and "not like us" (assuming the "us" equals angry white men".

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.
    Fight the Smears: The Truth About Barack’s Birth Certificate
    There is nothing here the pertains to race. And I for one take great offence to the assertion that it is. This is the United States of America. We have a constitution that require a President to be a "Natural Born" citizen. I have never read anything that says you can be white, black or in his case of arab decent.

As far as the certificate you reference to, it has been show that it does not match any of the other certificates from Hawaii of the same year. There are not only real true layout differences that do not match the same year but the seal is not right. Oh and did you not read that if his certificate is in Hawaii it is SEALED. No one has seen the original as of late.

That is what will be nice of this trial. All documents being unsealed and in order then this will be finally put to rest. I for one hope all is fine. If it is not then come in question all the documents signed while he was in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    One has to wonder if all this extreme partisan effort and expense would have been bothered with if McCain, who was born in Panama, had been elected. Somehow, I seriously doubt it. Republicans just can't get it through their heads that when you're in a hole, it's wise to stop diggin'.

snopes.com: Is John McCain a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us.../28mccain.html

Actually, it already did happen with McCain. He had to sit court and senate hearings to determine his eligibility because he was born in Panama. Meanwhile, when Obama was challenged about his citizenship, he put a CLEARLY fake birth certificate up on the campaign website, which was later replaced with one that appears to be legitimate.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=1thing2add;1966927]One has to wonder if all this extreme partisan effort and expense would have been bothered with if McCain, who was born in Panama, had been elected. Somehow, I seriously doubt it. Republicans just can't get it through their heads that when you're in a hole, it's wise to stop diggin'.

[url= Is John McCain a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?[/url]

just for the record. While john mccain was born in an area surrounded by the country of panama he was not born in panama. He was born on a us military base which is us soil. Therefore he was born in the united states.

not to rant but this particular argument makes me mad for not only being factaully ignorant but also incredibly insulting to servicemen and women overseas by suggesting that their service could eliminate their children from becoming president.

[url]
    Actually, it already did happen with McCain. He had to sit court and senate hearings to determine his eligibility because he was born in Panama. Meanwhile, when Obama was challenged about his citizenship, he put a CLEARLY fake birth certificate up on the campaign website, which was later replaced with one that appears to be legitimate.
    weird. Having trouble finding anything related to this...Only thing I can find googling Obama and Fake Birth Certificate brings up info on the MULTITUDE OF FAKED BIRTHER CLAIMS. Weird. Mind Linking something?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    weird. Having trouble finding anything related to this...Only thing I can find googling Obama and Fake Birth Certificate brings up info on the MULTITUDE OF FAKED BIRTHER CLAIMS. Weird. Mind Linking something?
    That's because the "fake birth certificate" was spread by Jerome Corsi, who wrote ObamaNation. The story is referenced in the FactCheck.org link above, and is totally untrue.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    mrloserpunk - yea, it was up there and then got change real quit when individuals started to really look at it. I think someone posted the first one in hast since at that time the birth record question started to gain momentum.
    mrloserpunk - yea, it was up there and then got change real quit when individuals started to really look at it. I think someone posted the first one in hast since at that time the birth record question started to gain momentum.
    What do you base that on? FactCheck (and pretty much everyone except the tinfoil hat crowd) says it's not true.

18.    #18  
    I know that there was talk in congress about it but I didn't know he was in front of congress or the any court. I knew he was being advised in case it came to court and he also had the issue prepared years ago when he was attempting to run the first time. If you can find any docs, let me/us know.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What do you base that on? FactCheck (and pretty much everyone except the tinfoil hat crowd) says it's not true.
    lol.. based on being awake when I get out of bed in the morning.
    I'd love a link reguarding this to, anything non-partisan. This is huge, just have never heard this claim. I would say fact-check.org has been reliable in the past, and with no obvious bias....
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast