View Poll Results: After reading post one. I believe:

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama records should be finnally brought to light.

26 28.26%
  • He has already shown all that is needed to be President.

44 47.83%
  • He is president now. Leave him alone.

22 23.91%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    You don't think the newspaper's birth announcements are credible? That's just....silly.
    No. I don't think that being in a paper makes a birth announcement legitimate. I have that little faith in papers. if you want to know why, start a new thread that's actually about how discreditable newspapers are and I'll discuss it there.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Yeah, I feel you're probably right. I very rarely see typosinfourm postes,
    Well i guess it was an error. After all is in my screen name. Then again everyone here is always so loving, respectful, helpful and a close nit family. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Well i guess it was an error. After all is in my screen name. Then again everyone here is always so loving, respectful, helpful and a close nit family. LOL
    Yeah. You know I'm really good at "reading between the lines". I can even do a "connect the dots" puzzle perfectly if it's Monday morning.
    Umm... this whole thing is stupid, but I want to point out that he was NOT born on a military base. It had not officially been designated as one when he was born. And to say "Oh that doesn't matter" shows how little you morons actually care about the constitution
    Really? Apparently Both John McCain and Barrack Obama are more American than you are.

There appear to be several things that covers McCain. The least of it is his and his families sacrifice for our country to date. That's pretty American to me. Throw on
    The next statute to examine is INA Sec. 303 which provides:
    "(a) Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.
    And I'm okay with McCain being a citizen.

VeeDubb65: The paper just adds to the evidence. Take into account his Birth Certificate being certified by the PROPER AUTHORITIES and well there you have it....Presidential Contender and President...BOTH US CITIZENS.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/11/2009 at 10:56 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    While under your laws, you must be a natural born citizen of the U.S. to run and be president, I find it grasping at straws. Lets face it, if this fails, all those people who are very much against the man, will have to try another tactic to get rid of him. The angst that this causes me is enormous. Then the real crazies will come out of the closets. Wooohhoo here comes the conspiracy freaks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    No. I don't think that being in a paper makes a birth announcement legitimate. I have that little faith in papers. if you want to know why, start a new thread that's actually about how discreditable newspapers are and I'll discuss it there.
    Of course you don't. And Obama's grandparents put it in the paper on the day of his birth, knowing that he'd be a candidate for president some day....and that's not a weird conspiracy theory. Or do you have another possible method that his birth announcement made its way into the paper?

I'm sorry, but that entire line of "reasoning" is just insane. It just shows that no amount of evidence will convince some people that the president is legit. The birth certificate isn't good enough...a statement by the Republican governor of Hawaii isn't sufficient....the birth announcement isn't good enough....

If there was a video of his mother giving birth in front of the Aliamanu crater, with Don Ho singing in the background, you still wouldn't be convinced.

Last edited by Bujin; 10/11/2009 at 11:16 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The sad part about the teabaggers/birthers/anti damn near everything that does not directly benefit that single person is,,, nothing not one damn thing will make them happy.. if it isnt this it will be something else.. i find the whole thing tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    so you discredit newspapers, do you also discredit all news sources, be it TV or Radio, or do you only subscribe to bloggers? If you don't believe a newspaper is a valid way of getting the news. Then what?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    The sad part about the teabaggers/birthers/anti damn near everything that does not directly benefit that single person is,,, nothing not one damn thing will make them happy.. if it isnt this it will be something else.. i find the whole thing tiresome.
    It is tiresome.

Of course you don't. And Obama's grandparents put it in the paper on the day of his birth, knowing that he'd be a candidate for president some day....and that's not a weird conspiracy theory. Or do you have another possible method that his birth announcement made its way into the paper?

I'm sorry, but that entire line of "reasoning" is just insane. It just shows that no amount of evidence will convince some people that the president is legit. The birth certificate isn't good enough...a statement by the Republican governor of Hawaii isn't sufficient....the birth announcement isn't good enough....

If there was a video of his mother giving birth in front of the Aliamanu crater, with Don Ho singing in the background, you still wouldn't be convinced.

It might be that there has been so much hype and deception in the media of late, a person just does not know what to believe anymore. And I think that the certificate you post here is a fake. Looney Toons looks good but there is no embossed seal. And the picture of our future queen?

Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    While under your laws, you must be a natural born citizen of the U.S. to run and be president, I find it grasping at straws. Lets face it, if this fails, all those people who are very much against the man, will have to try another tactic to get rid of him. The angst that this causes me is enormous. Then the real crazies will come out of the closets. Wooohhoo here comes the conspiracy freaks again.
    I hope that if this goes forward it is put to rest. Like you say the crazies will come out then....ugg. I for one am just looking forward for the public "forum" so that all the hearsay from all sides is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    There are several problems with this argument:

1), the Act was not passed until 1937, 11 months after McCain's birth;

2) the INS at that time was under the Dept of Labor. Labor Sec Frances Perkins judged that under this law: "children born to U.S. citizens in the Canal Zone are citizens in every sense except as a matter of law";

3) because the Canal Zone is not an incorporated territory of the United States, hence not a part of or "in" the United States, there is doubt that any of the persons described in the bill are citizens of the United States under the Constitution or any existing statutes even though the Canal Zone is under the jurisdiction of the United States

As am I. However, the issue with McCain isn't if he's a citizen or not, but if he was a citizen at-birth (the standard used to define being "natural born")

Last time I looked, Hawaii had obtained full State status in 1959. Obama was born in '61, so the obvious claim by Tea-baggers/Birthers is that he was born elsewhere with the diabolical scheme to take over the world as the anti-christ ...
    I understand those points, however if this issue was brought before a court I have NO DOUBT that it would be put to rest with McCain being ruled as eligible.... Using McCain's birth place as a defense to prove or justify Obamas is inane. An endearing round of political silly season 2008, for us to even be debating their citizenship at this point, the argument is long and moot and unfortunately doing exactly what the birthers and neocons want. Taking the focus off progress, and changing the national discussion.

11.    #71  
    Then why pour petrol on the blaze?

You don't recognize the company you keep .... now?
    It is called open debate and free speech. I did not bring the case before a court. I only noted it and brought it up here for discussion.

And you go right back to slinging? Come on really? I have seen post of yours. Your better then that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I hope that if this goes forward it is put to rest. Like you say the crazies will come out then....ugg. I for one am just looking forward for the public "forum" so that all the hearsay from all sides is done.
    you are being a bit naive if you think having a judge rule in in favor of Obama will put it to rest. Several have already done so. Where is the line drawn? How many "trials" will satisfy? What I think you mean to say, is you want the opportunity to pass judgment of his credentials yourself? How else can you say that you want free debate over an issue that has been debated and thrown out of court umpteen times?
    I count 8 cases of where a judge reviewed the facts and found the similar cases to be merit less....I can think of a-lot of verdicts I'd like to have had the chance to sway. Luckily for the defendants our justice system does not function that way.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/12/2009 at 10:31 AM.

The Natural Born requirement is ridiculous anyway. An idea from a time when independence from a colonial power was a large priority. Citizenship should be the only requirement.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    you are being a bit naive if you think having a judge rule in in favor of Obama will put it to rest. Several have already done so already. Where is the line drawn? How many "trials" will satisfy What I think you mean to say, is you want the opportunity to pass judgment of his credentials on yourself? I count 8 cases of where a judge reviewed the facts and found the similar cases to be merit less....I can think of a-lot of verdicts I'd like to have had the chance to sway. Luckily for the defendants our justice system does not function that way.
    There are at least that many cases like you say. Since there is so much back and forth, money, lawyers and what some say are cover up and others say are not, All I hope and this is the main point -
    That this does go to an OPEN court for ALL to see and then we can all if we say it or not, know the SAME truth once and for all.
    That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. And as I said before, I hope it is all fine and in order. I for one do not want to see what happens if something is wrong. I really don't.
    As far as me being a judge. Well for my own mind yes, as for yours, no. You will make up your own mind. It will be like it is now or change. What ever happens we will both see the same thing. I only hope that there are not too many people that see the sky as red when it is really blue. You know what I mean?
    I understand you point, I simply disagree that the previous cases were "closed" or hidden. And right now unfourtunatly for us both the sky near rochester is grey cloudy and cold!
  16.    #76  
    Slinging? Something like including such specious language as: Or, in your case, it's just selectively cherry-picking a purposely anti-Obama angle disguised as free speech? With this tone, you set the wheels in motion.

When your initial post includes something as collectively "Fair & Balanced" as therightperspective dot whatever? Were worldnetdaily's servers busy at the time?
    Hey, I knew about it. Found what I thought might be a some what stable source. Started the thread WITH the link and then opened up to the members. You could quote other sources. I'm sure yours would have been slanted the other way. I have not seen a block on post here yet.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I understand you point, I simply disagree that the previous cases were "closed" or hidden. And right now unfourtunatly for us both the sky near rochester is grey cloudy and cold!
    Got the fire going. And I think the trees are orange.
    It was also conveniently left out that Orly Taitz is facing a $10000 fine for filing frivolous lawsuits. The judge will dismiss this one, as judges have done with all the others.
  19.    #79  
    It was also conveniently left out that Orly Taitz is facing a $10000 fine for filing frivolous lawsuits. The judge will dismiss this one, as judges have done with all the others.
    Now that is good information. Seem to recall something about that.

1thing2add - I think you have another problem. Why is it that all I see on any of the computers I use, your post count is stuck at 14? It might be a conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    "Be American! Drive Japanese!"
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast