Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Previously linked.
    Are you referring to this?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...ase_NJ_916.pdf
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    No. Go fish, hombre.
    Oh, well, let's talk about this New Jersey poll that shows your numbers are way off. It's the only poll I know of that asks New Jersey voters whether they think Obama is the Antichrist. Did you bring your own set of facts?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Last time I looked: 18% (Those Conservatives polled who believe Obama is the anti-christ + 17% (Those Conservatives polled who are "Not Sure" if Obama is the anti-christ) = 35%. Page 8, 2nd row of questions.
    Talk about spin. That's a very disingenuous argument. I noticed you omitted the 5% of liberals who think Obama may be the Antichrist, or the 19% of Moderates who believe Obama is/may be the Antichrist. Absent also is your mention of the 12% of liberals and 34 % of moderates who believe Obama either was not or may not have been born in the United States.

Why is that? Don't have an axe to grind with liberals and moderates?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Absent also is your mention of the 12% of liberals and 34 % of moderates who believe Obama either was not or may not have been born in the United States.

Why is that? Don't have an axe to grind with liberals and moderates?
    Versus 56% of conservatives....I'm not sure that the fact that there are a much smaller amount of liberals / moderates who are conspiracy theorists helps your point.

Add to that the number of conservatives who think we should, or aren't sure if we should, eliminate public education (20%, vs 5% of liberals and 7% of moderates), and those who would consider eliminating the federal government (25%, vs 9% of liberals and 16% of moderates), points to a mainstreaming of what were once fringe opinions.

And it's not just on the right - 57% of liberals, and 32% of moderates, think it's possible that the Bush Administration had prior knowledge of 9/11, as compared to 14% of conservatives. So there's plenty of tinfoil hats to go around.
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/11/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Versus 56% of conservatives....I'm not sure that the fact that there are a much smaller amount of liberals / moderates who are conspiracy theorists helps your point.
    Why? My point is that the terms "not sure" and "may be" would very likely yield different poll results. Don't you think?
  6.    #86  
    Then why hide, leave out or "kiss" the full report if it does not matter. Post the whole thing. He is just showing it all.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    It's not my responsibility to supply your argument for you.
    But it is your job to prove your own point. Why did you purposely misquote the poll in a way that would slant it towards your own bias?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    By that standard, you and I mislead by not expressing every tangentially-related question in the poll. You're not so privileged to have it not only both ways, but every which-way the wind blows. Being reasonable disallows that. Having supported the singular point I made as thoroughly as possible, though distasteful to you, it still remains supported.
    There's a big difference between "may be", "may not be", and "not sure" when it comes to public opinion polling. Changing those terms after the fact is irresponsible.

I know you'll keep on spinning this so, again, we'll let the record stand.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Nice to be omnipotent, isn't it? How do I know this? Because you're able to make such an intellectually-challenged statement without having obtained a single reference as to their polling methods or safeguards which would preclude such misunderstandings.
    Ah, but I'm not talking about their polling methods. I'm talking about your misinterpretation of their polling data.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Too late to stuff the genie back in the bottle, as you've already questioned their methods, without foundation:
    You're the only one conflating "may be" with "not sure". Why use "may be" and not "may not be"?
    I think it's telling that Fox News doesn't even consider itself a "news" channel, but rather an "editorial" one:

“An increasing number of viewers are relying on Fox News for both news and opinion,” Fox News Senior VP Michael Clemente said, “and the average news consumer can certainly distinguish between the A-section of the newspaper and the editorial page, which is what our programming represents."
    So much for the claim of "Fair and Balanced" news.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I think it's telling that Fox News doesn't even consider itself a "news" channel, but rather an "editorial" one:

All cable news networks have news programs mixed in with a variety of editorial programs, documentaries, etc. And all of those programs have their own slant, as does any editorial page.
    I watch the redeye report for news

My problem with the "news", no matter the source, is that it is so often peppered with some sort of opinion (at least as far as the way it was written).

I think it should be noted that Fox News does not broadcast "news" anywhere near 24/7, which is not much different than any other "news" channel (that I'm aware of anyway).
    The problem with FNC is that they don't want the viewer/"news consumer" to delineate 'news journalism' from editorials, even within the same programming. That is what is unlike any other network.
    I watch most of the "news" channels. I see it with all networks. Whether or not that's the intent, well, that's another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    My problem with the "news", no matter the source, is that it is so often peppered with some sort of opinion (at least as far as the way it was written).

I think it should be noted that Fox News does not broadcast "news" anywhere near 24/7, which is not much different than any other "news" channel (that I'm aware of anyway).
    By the way, I would like to know of a network or news source that doesn't have this problem. Anyone know of one? I would like to check it out.
  17.    #97  
    Is there really enough enticing news for 24 hours straight? Then again would anyone watch such a station? We all need to be entertained. Without that our brains might explode sort of speak.
    The problem with FNC is that they don't want the viewer/"news consumer" to delineate 'news journalism' from editorials, even within the same programming. That is what is unlike any other network. Their 13-year old adolescence shows no sign, or interest in growing up responsibly either.
    You are all over the place know everything.
    Its very entertaining to say the least lol
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    You are all over the place know everything.
    Its very entertaining to say the least lol
    Pretty good, huh? I always come back for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    By the way, I would like to know of a network or news source that doesn't have this problem. Anyone know of one? I would like to check it out.
    While one can argue that there is a slant to any news channel, they do tend to differentiate between their news coverage, and their evening editorializing. Fox has overtly stated that their entire channel is an editorial. The problem is, unlike the statement from the Fox VP, people don't seem to be able to recognize the editorializing and believe the tagline that it's "fair and balanced" news.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast