18 19.15%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Thoughts could include:
    right - left
    young - old
    red states - blue states
    or what ever.
    The problem with binary thinking is that it is part and parcel of these sorts of disagreements. Until we get beyond such overly simplistic false dichotomies, we will never progress. Even the so-called progressives are just as guilty of lowering the levels of the debates.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    OK I have a request.

Being the OP of the thread I ask if we can go back to the thoughts of Cable news stations.

Thoughts could include:
    right - left
    young - old
    red states - blue states
    or what ever.
    But can we get off this race kick? It is in many of the threads already and there is a concern to many about it but I would like it for once to not be in this thread since it does not have as much to do with it unless it is from research ie...whites watch...blacks watch...etc...and then I would ask you show proof

Thank you,
    Scott
    Good call, I'll avoid the off topic.

Personally, I still stick to what I said originally. Most of the television media has gone so far left for so long, that a lot of people are hungry for anything that leans the other way.

Fox News is certainly biased strongly to the right, but no more so than it's competitors are strongly leaning to the left. With so many cable news networks leaning so far to the left, Fox News "looks" fair and balanced to those who are not paying very close attention, and a lot of folks who ARE paying close attention watch anyway, because it's not the same Democratic party-line that most other networks run with.
    My fav fox shows in order
    1: Greta
    2: Red Eye < airs at 3am-est beats cnn primetime line up.
    'Red Eye' Gets More 'Demo' Viewers at 3AM Than CNN Does at 8PM | NewsBusters.org
    3: O'Reilly
    4: Sean
    5: Glen
    Has anyone seen my pants?
  5.    #65  
    I understood that MSNBC (NBC) has an office in the whitehouse. Now before you go off on me. I am asking if I heard correct. This was a while ago maybe 2-4 mos. Does anyone know more about it? If this is correct it might explain a lot.

And here is another one for everyone. 2 weeks ago Obama invited most news stations except FNC for a sunday media blitz. I have my ideas. but what do you think?
    I understood that MSNBC (NBC) has an office in the whitehouse. Now before you go off on me. I am asking if I heard correct. This was a while ago maybe 2-4 mos. Does anyone know more about it? If this is correct it might explain a lot.

And here is another one for everyone. 2 weeks ago Obama invited most news stations except FNC for a sunday media blitz. I have my ideas. but what do you think?
    This is probably true, but probably also irrelevant. There is a huge in house press corp area at the white house, and a number of the larger news outlets have small offices. So chances are, Fox News has one as well.

As far as inviting most stations, but not FNC, again, I don't see this as really being an issue. Regardless of who you are, when you hold a press conference, you invite the news outlets that you believe will be the most use in getting out the message you're trying to convey. Sometimes that means inviting CNN, MSNBC and the like, sometimes it's Fox and all sorts of conservative radio outlets, and sometimes it's inviting every outlet available because all that matters is maximum coverage.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    This is probably true, but probably also irrelevant. There is a huge in house press corp area at the white house, and a number of the larger news outlets have small offices. So chances are, Fox News has one as well.

As far as inviting most stations, but not FNC, again, I don't see this as really being an issue. Regardless of who you are, when you hold a press conference, you invite the news outlets that you believe will be the most use in getting out the message you're trying to convey. Sometimes that means inviting CNN, MSNBC and the like, sometimes it's Fox and all sorts of conservative radio outlets, and sometimes it's inviting every outlet available because all that matters is maximum coverage.
    All makes sense and mostly true...to me.. but I find it interesting that ALL the main news groups were invited for interviews except one, FNC. Is the administration scarred of the other side? Are they pushing propaganda that far? It just seems that we the citizens of the US are being shown a propaganda move that we have not seen maybe in yours or many of our lifetimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    There are a few things that I think are pertinent to this discussion.

Young people tend to not watch much TV if at all and get their news from blogs and news aggregation sites, which means the majority of TV viewers are older people. Older people tend to be more conservative and less tech savvy, leading to higher TV numbers.

Fox News is the only conservative news station so conservatives watch Fox exclusively. The rest of the country breaks into groups and watches one of the other channels such as CNN or MSNBC or doesn't watch TV at all and read blogs instead. Fox claims its entire viewerbase each night while the rest of the networks split the rest of the viewerbase among themselves, thus having lower numbers. If you were to add the other stations numbers together then it wouldn't be so easy to Fox to claim the highest influence.

The standard way of looking at ratings tends to give Fox News an inflated influence. If it were possible to measure content as a whole (TV, newspapers, radio, blogs, social media) then it would give a much more meaningful statistic on the balance of political viewership.
    totally false. i love fox news and discovered it on 9/11 from before that i used to watch msnbc. fox just delivers more debate like news and keeps it to the point. i see too much cnn either talk to much or totally rag on republicans, especially bush and the tea party events. the tea party had both democrats and republicans and fox called them patriots and people who are standing up for thier freedom. its not as conservative as you may think otherwise they would be running anti obama slogans. infact earlier today they were questioning whether sesame street went too far with mrs. obama and fox was defending her
    now that i seem to remember... when i found fox news about 9/11 event i became hooked since because they got real americans opinions and gave detailed and to the point news
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    My fav fox shows in order
    1: Greta
    2: Red Eye < airs at 3am-est beats cnn primetime line up.
    'Red Eye' Gets More 'Demo' Viewers at 3AM Than CNN Does at 8PM | NewsBusters.org
    3: O'Reilly
    4: Sean
    5: Glen
    I appreciate how you said "shows" and not "news". I guess I was misreading the op original statement/question. I thought the discussion was about news, but it is really about an entertainment channel that occasionally does air news, somewhat. Undoubtedly, as an entertainment channel they do very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    I appreciate how you said "shows" and not "news". I guess I was misreading the op original statement/question. I thought the discussion was about news, but it is really about an entertainment channel that occasionally does air news, somewhat. Undoubtedly, as an entertainment channel they do very well.
    I think you really touched on an important point here. I get the impression that a lot of people are simply getting tired of the same old news. More and more people are turning to internet news sources, papers are failing across the country, and people actually spend time having debates like the one we're having here.

Meanwhile, shows like the daily show have been increasing in popularity and variety. The daily show is shallow, vapid AND biased, but it get's killer ratings because it's as much a comedy show as a news show.

On a side note, but not as off-topic as my last one, anybody who hasn't seen "Man of the Year" with Robin Williams is missing out.
    This is funny....
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    Great point ,shows discuss & report news going into greater detail about it.
    Seems like a winning combo to me..Their ratings say so.

1: Greta < Fair and Balanced reporting discussing
    2: Red Eye < making fun of news
    3: O'Reilly < Fair and Balanced reporting discussing
    4: Sean < favors the right Reporting discussing
    5: Glen < favors the right reporting discussing

MSNBC ,CNN ,CNBC ,BBC- make news -report news to favor Obama with all their shows pushing left which is why their rating are so very sad 24/7.

CNN daytime news -Not Show

Last edited by slingbox; 10/10/2009 at 01:46 AM.
    hahahahaha... nice video. shows how pointless that was to show on CNN. now lets take the camera at the next guy who turns the stop sign to slow on construction areas, our next guess harry from pennDOT.

i like how you gave detail about the shows on whos right and whos fair and balance. im not sure what happened to colmes on hannity and colmes(aka droopy on family guy) but im not sure if i agree with glen favoring the right reporting. sean i highly agree with but not glen. i think hes fair but concerned more about the people and not govenment
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    hahahahaha... nice video. shows how pointless that was to show on CNN. now lets take the camera at the next guy who turns the stop sign to slow on construction areas, our next guess harry from pennDOT.

i like how you gave detail about the shows on whos right and whos fair and balance. im not sure what happened to colmes on hannity and colmes(aka droopy on family guy) but im not sure if i agree with glen favoring the right reporting. sean i highly agree with but not glen. i think hes fair but concerned more about the people and not govenment
    Yeah Glens great..i get the lean to the right feeling from him sometimes though.
    Anyway its 3am-est -"Red Eye" time
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Yeah Glens great..i get the lean to the right feeling from him sometimes though.
    "Lean to the right"? Ya think?

Beck: Obama "has to turn ... down" Nobel "to make a win out of" it, but "he's not Jesus, he's an arrogant, arrogant" man | Media Matters for America
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    This is funny....
    I am not going to ask how you found this thing but OMG! OK.....let me take a breath.....aaaaaa.....aaaaa... So if we step back and look at this video why is it that there is no reference to liberal and the "anti-christ". I do watch MSNBC on occasion to see what is being said on that station...I only hope that GE has obtained the money from Washington they needed and is moving away from the extreme. It is nice to have a Liberal station but why not mirror FNC with the slant toward the left.
  18.    #78  
    Happy birthday.
    Fox News is 13 years old today.
    Thank you for opening up debate in media and this thread...lol
    Happy birthday.
    Fox News is 13 years old today.
    Thank you for opening up debate in media and this thread...lol
    +1
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    35% of Conservatives polled in NJ believe Obama is/may be the antichrist is not to be deflected away by those who feel "uncomfortable" with the subject.
    Surely you wouldn't post something like that and not give sources, right?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast