• HLN

2 2.13%
  • None of the above. Watch ABC,NBC,CBS or no news

18 19.15%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm not wearing any pants!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I'm not wearing any pants!
    If I were you I would stay out of public restrooms in Republican territory,unless you like that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    less well-educated?

Ok, forget that.... I've searched all over for polls, IQ tests, anything besides opinion blogs and message boards like the Huffington Post; to find any reference to any data supporting your claim that Fox news audience is..... umm... less well-educated. Please support this claim.
    Just watch the movie Deliverance. That should answer any questions about who the republican base, and faux viewers are.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    less well-educated?

Ok, forget that.... I've searched all over for polls, IQ tests, anything besides opinion blogs and message boards like the Huffington Post; to find any reference to any data supporting your claim that Fox news audience is..... umm... less well-educated. Please support this claim.
    This poll shows regular Fox News viewers to be ~5% less likely to be college graduates than regular CNN viewers (23%-28%) but regular CCN viewers were 9% less likely to be college graduates than Rush Limbaugh listeners.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    less well-educated?

Not to go on a tangent here (ok, specifically to go on a tangent... but one not worthy of a new thread), but it occurred to me that I've never seen you make a post that wasn't either bashing Obama/Liberals or condescendingly berating any forum member who disagrees with your opinions with not-so-subtle ad hominem attacks*.

I decided to view your profile and scrolled through 10 pages (25 posts each) of your previous posts to see if you have in fact done anything other than liberal-bash recently in your role as moderator. Good news- I was wrong! You have!

Out of 250 posts, two of them were about having facial hair AND a Pre, and one was about Pre owners on World of Warcraft.

I admire your dedication to the GOP. If only you could use your powers for good and offer more help to some of the people asking Pre/WebOS related questions here. lol

* = Yes, I see the irony of having this statement in this post. ( ;
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    Why is FNC #1 Almost always. Are they that much better?
    The majority of Americans I meet are religious, right-wing, conservative, love guns and always put the well being of themselves before their community. I'm not saying this judgmentally...it's the USA, you can do whatever you want.

These views seem to mirror those I see on Fox so I'm not surprised to see they rate higher.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Why the insistence to mix partisan infotainment with news broadcasting? Even the educated need a good laugh at extremists' expense once in a while.
    I doubt many educated people would count themselves as "regular listeners" to a three hour daily program just for laughs. That would be pretty silly actually. Don't you think?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Not to go on a tangent here (ok, specifically to go on a tangent... but one not worthy of a new thread), but it occurred to me that I've never seen you make a post that wasn't either bashing Obama/Liberals or condescendingly berating any forum member who disagrees with your opinions with not-so-subtle ad hominem attacks*.

I decided to view your profile and scrolled through 10 pages (25 posts each) of your previous posts to see if you have in fact done anything other than liberal-bash recently in your role as moderator. Good news- I was wrong! You have!

Out of 250 posts, two of them were about having facial hair AND a Pre, and one was about Pre owners on World of Warcraft.

I admire your dedication to the GOP. If only you could use your powers for good and offer more help to some of the people asking Pre/WebOS related questions here. lol

I have to agree. Having Micael as a moderator of free discussion forum is like having fox (sic!) as a guardian of a hen-house.
    But, if 'Fox News' is allowed to call itself 'fair and balanced', Micael can be 'moderator'.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Must've missed that in your poll. It only seemed to mention "those who follow", not "never miss a moment" or qualify what percentage of a broadcast is taken in. Can you point me in the right direction? I'd hate to get your source wrong. That would be silly, indeed.
    Did I say "never miss a moment"? If not, why would you feel the need to quote it?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    The implication served its purpose.
    So, again, you're debating based on your own assumptions rather than reality.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    No. Reasonable deduction since you made the conscious decision to use that particular phrase. Po-tay-to / Po-tah-to
    Deducing "always" from "regular" is reasonable?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Given your penchant for over-playing your hand, quite reasonable.
    Again, your assumption, not reality. We are, in fact, done here.

But not before you give one last zing, I'm sure.
  13.    #53  
    ...I decided to view your profile and scrolled through 10 pages (25 posts each) of your previous posts to see if you have in fact done anything other than liberal-bash recently in your role as moderator. Good news- I was wrong! You have!

I admire your dedication to the GOP. If only you could use your powers for good and offer more help to some of the people asking Pre/WebOS related questions here. lol...
    Nullity - I would have to say that you dive right in. Nice research. And I would agree that a moderator should not only assist members in maintaining forum rules but also help others out with concerns or problems. Maybe at the very least direct members to another thread for the help they need.....Just saying

And if he was a leftist like yourself would you have even bothered? Did you do the same for all the other moderators? Or were you just picking on Micael?

Since you took the time to read all his posts would you please post all the instances where he has moderated unfairly.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15.    #55  
    Interesting how the Pole is running. So far Fox is ahead with MSNBC next. The two ends of politics. And if you take out the non cable news vote and add up CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and HLN -VS- Fox it works out to be around the same here with the more advanced tech savvy Pre crowd as the country rating....hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    The country *is* getting less white - and you can't stand it, can you? Further, 6 in 10 Republicans are white, so, no, it isn't racist and ignorant to imply that white people are more conservative.
    Actually, you know what I can't stand? Racist little jerks who hide their racism under the guise of equality.

I grew up in an inter racial family with 7 kids. 2 white, 3 mulatto and 2 black. All my life I've seen what happens when people like you insist on making everything about race. Instead of helping end racism, it just fans the flames.

There is a lot of real racism left in America today, but this isn't it. Today we have a black president who won the election after narrowly defeating a woman for his party's nomination, and a hispanic woman on the supreme court. If you still think everything is about race, you're stuck in the 20th century.

You seem to think that because a person disagrees with Obama's policies or the appointment of Sotamayor, the only possible explanation is that they are white and racist. Did it ever occur to you that a person might just not like the policies?

Did you notice that during the election, the American people were overwhelmingly in support of major health care reform, but overwhelmingly opposed to the reform that's being proposed? Are you really so stuck in your 1960 race wars mentality that the only explanation you can come up with is that Obama is black?

As far as I'm concerned, Al Sharpton wannabes, the KKK, neo-****'s and La Raza (spelling?) could do more good for this world than anyone else in the history, by all drinking the cool-aide and leaving the rest of us alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaroslawk View Post
    I have to agree. Having Micael as a moderator of free discussion forum is like having fox (sic!) as a guardian of a hen-house.
    But, if 'Fox News' is allowed to call itself 'fair and balanced', Micael can be 'moderator'.
    Much as I'm not fond of moderators getting as directly involved in these sorts of discussions, having Micael and groovy as Moderators is little different than having daThomas and palandri as moderators.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It's worth pointing out that the country is not getting younger in any way. The life expectancy of the average American citizen has done nothing but increase. That means the average age is increasing. There's no way the country is getting "younger."

As far as less white, that's an incredibly racist and ignorant comment. To even imply that only white people are conservative is offensive to any white person with a brain, and any conservative regardless of their race.
    i life expectancy may be increasing but the younger voters are becoming a larger part of the electorate while old boomers are starting to die off and the Gen X and Gen Y is voting democrat in large numbers.

The conservative party in the united states is lily white, their members are mostly white, they don't campaign in nonwhite areas except token appeals to Latinos maybe in Texas a state they win anyways in a general and maybe Cubans. Not exactly appealing to the majority of people that are not white in this country. The conservative movement has a long, bad history on racial issues such as supporting Jim crow, opposing desegregation, opposing police brutality laws through the south, their unflinching support of kkk terror in the as recent as the 60s, opposing laws prohibiting discrimination in mortgage lending, opposing funding increases to at the state level to undeserved communities not to mention the notorious southern strategy. Not to mention through out the conservative movement now you've got overt racists throughout calling people like the president monkeys, senator's firing off racist emails, calling a black president "Barack the Magic Negro", racist songs, supporters painting swastika's on black senator's buildings, conservatives calling for the killing of the president on radio and facebook. The sad thing is you can go on and on and on if one want's to list the issues of race republican's and the conservative party have had and their struggles to appeal to non-whites. And it surely doesn't help that they vociferously opposed the appointment of the first Latino to the court. Look at their conventions Of the 247 members of the congressional Republican caucus, none are African-American and just five are Hispanic. Similarly, at the 2008 Republican convention, just 2 percent of the delegates were black. And when they do put forth minorities for office it's people like an Alan Keyes that tend to have no appeal in ethnic communities. They can put forth as many people of color for office they want but if they don't represent those communities they aren't making any progress. It's a token appointment. There may be a few people of color but the majority of the party is lily white. That history is the reality of the party that has yet to be dealt with. That you would dispute it or call someone racist for pointing out what is obvious even to party members that are NOT racist is nothing short of absurd. It's just a refusal to see the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    There is a lot of real racism left in America today, but this isn't it. Today we have a black president who won the election after narrowly defeating a woman for his party's nomination, and a hispanic woman on the supreme court. If you still think everything is about race, you're stuck in the 20th century.
    Electing a black president doesn't solve the effects of hundreds of years of race based politics, discrimination, and inequality. And at least decades of discriminating against and demonizing latinos. If they want to fight racism the republican party can start by standing up for the rights of the oppressed in minority communities. By going to them and fightign for adequate school funding, for fair lending practices, for proper police enforcement. for funding of jobs programs, fight for the rights of legal latinos to not be harrassed by police about their citizenship, for fignt discriminatory admission policies to our nations colleges, and truly take the American ideal of equality under the law to heart and demand that their own party, listen to and represent the desires and requests of these minority communities. Unfortunately they don't even go to those communities. Not to work, not to live, not shop, not to campaign and not when those communities are in need.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 10/09/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i life expectancy may be increasing but the younger voters are becoming a larger part of the electorate while old boomers are starting to die off and the Gen X and Gen Y is voting democrat in large numbers.

The conservative party in the united states is lily white, their members are mostly white, they don't campaign in nonwhite areas except token appeals to Latinos maybe in Texas a state they win anyways in a general and maybe Cubans.....
    I actually stopped reading your post at the point I cut off the quote, because I'm not sure what planet you live on.

I was pretty sure this was a discussion about the United States of America on the planet earth, but you seem to be talking about somewhere else. Bettelgeuse 7 perhaps.....

At best, the electorate is aging slightly less rapidly than it was 10 years ago, but even that is a stretch. However, the electorate is still getting older, and still doing it rapidly.

As someone else already pointed out, 40% of the Republican Party (which I am NOT a registered member of) is non-white. I wouldn't describe that as "lily-white." Perhaps you're talking about a different kind of lily. Maybe some multi-color lily from the planet Golgamech.....

And republicans don't campaign in non-white areas?!?!?!?!?! *** are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!? Even msNBC would never say something that completely untrue about the Republican Party.

You are so far out of touch with reality, that I honestly find it a little disturbing.
  20.    #60  
    OK I have a request.

Being the OP of the thread I ask if we can go back to the thoughts of Cable news stations.

Thoughts could include:
    right - left
    young - old
    red states - blue states
    or what ever.
    But can we get off this race kick? It is in many of the threads already and there is a concern to many about it but I would like it for once to not be in this thread since it does not have as much to do with it unless it is from research ie...whites watch...blacks watch...etc...and then I would ask you show proof

Thank you,
    Scott
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast