1.    #1  
    I hope someone could help.

Ok my computer freezes for about 30 seconds to a minute an occasions.
    but now its happening more often Mainly when i am "surfing the web" and once in a while if i open a program.

I cant pinpoint what it is.
    I checked for viruses and turned of my firewall.
    Still the same thing.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can anyone help or have any ideas?

I have an HP, Intell 933mhz, 30 hardrive, 128 of ram and i am running windows ME.

Its getting worse like that psycho exgirlfriend that started out sweet and sexy.
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Is it networked? If not, does it have a NIC installed? Windows (98 and ME anyway) don't like unused NIC's... they still insist on checking for a network connection at specific intervals, thinking they'll find one sooner or later.

My mother has an HP Pavillion running ME that did just what you described. After I finally pulled out the NIC, the problem went away.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    What version of Windows are you running? If its ME or XP try running system restore to a date earlier than when you started having troubles.

I suspect that it is a piece of crap-ware that you either recently downloaded, or just started using. It could also be a (recently downloaded) plug-in for your browser that has a really bad memory leak or is running way too many cycles for your system to handle.

Clean out your system tray and make sure that a media product like RealPLayer isn't forcing itself into your worksession by stealing valuable processing cycles (even if you aren't using it).
    Get rid of ME. ME isn't the best of Microsoft OS offerings...
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    If I were going to change OS versions in a situation like this I'd surely wipe my hard drive completely and do a fresh install. I would hate to carry over any crap-ware or bogus Windows Registry settings in the new installation.

and ME is definately the OS-from-hell.
    Originally posted by Keefer Lucas
    If I were going to change OS versions in a situation like this I'd surely wipe my hard drive completely and do a fresh install. I would hate to carry over any crap-ware or bogus Windows Registry settings in the new installation.

and ME is definately the OS-from-hell.
    Absolutely. When I installed Windows XP on the computer I am using now, it had been my dad's computer with Windows ME on it. The primary user, which is still set to my dad is almost unusable as it still uses some registry settings brought over from ME. The other users on this computer, like my Mom and myself don't have this problem since all the settings were created using XP.

So save yourself some trouble, if you are having problems w/ ME, do a full install of XP.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Yes, Check the NIC if you have one.

At work we ran into the same problem. Re-installed OS, changed ram, thougt we had it beat until we installed the drivers for the nic.

Changed the nic, problem went away.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #8  
    I am to affraid of opening up my Computer cause it's still under waranty and it gets voided if i do.....just like visors.

Thats why i havent added more memory and a bigger harddrive

I was hoping it was something easy....darn
    I am to affraid of opening up my Computer cause it's still under waranty and it gets voided if i do.....just like visors.
    What kind of computer is that? I've never heard of such a thing!

Thats why i havent added more memory and a bigger harddrive
    If adding memory and a bigger HD voids the warranty, I'd think twice before every buying this brand again...
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by culo77
    did you get a service contract with that?
    for that matter, how do they know if you opened it up? Are there seals over the screws or something?

While I wouldn't suggest opening it up and poking around without having some idea what you're doing (open up that power supply and you may be toast) (mmm, toast ...) You should be able to identify if you have a network card or not. Look for ports on the back for a network cable.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  11.    #11  
    Yep service contract...not warranty sorry for the confusion......

And yes yorick i am afriad of poking around cause i do hane NO idea what i would be doing.

I am afraid of taking it in for service cause the techs there are 15 idiots. I asked a siple question when i bought it and he didnt know....it made me scared......

I really dont want to loose all my info on my pc. and really dont have the money to back it up on CD's or external HD at the moment.

so if i take it into them and they loose all my info, i would just cry!
    Try disabling the nic(s) to see if that solves the problem.

Just to trobleshoot.

Enable it again once you are sure it is or isn't the problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by culo77
    I hope someone could help.

Ok my computer freezes for about 30 seconds to a minute an occasions.
    but now its happening more often Mainly when i am "surfing the web" and once in a while if i open a program.
    I had a similar problem. For me, it turned out to be a small program called PopUp Cop. Once I removed that, all worked normally again.

David
    I really dont want to loose all my info on my pc. and really dont have the money to back it up
    You can't afford NOT to back it up.

Remember, Hard Drives have a 100% failure rate.

Anyways, if your service contract is serviced by 15 idiots, what harm is there in opening the case yourself?
    -David Byrne