Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 80 of 80
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The Nobel folks disagree, obviously.

    Yup....apparently running around the world and apologizing and kissing *#@ does seem to get the "Noble folks" attention. Of course, the apologies and *#! kissing didn't seem to work with the Olympic Committee.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  2. #62  
    Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find the Senate Bill, I think it is 3200, that discusses their health plan? I heard on the news last night that there is a part in that bill that will eliminate HSA's as a health care option. If it is true, why would they put that in there since Obama can't sign that? If Obama were to sign it, then he would be a liar as he said we could keep the health care plan we currently have, and I have and like my HSA plan. So, we know the Prez doesn't lie, so why would they even have that in their plan (if it is in the plan) if he can't sign it?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    No wonder you're so lost.

    Okay....clearly not "3200", but how about point me in the direction of reading what is in the Senate bill. Not sure why you had to be sarcastic, but, then again, not surprised. So, since you clearly know everything, please put a link to where I can read the Senate bill thus far.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    How many Senate Bills on healthcare reform have been voted on in this session?
    I didn't say it had been voted on, but isn't there a link to the bill that would be voted on? Seems like we had links to bills that were going to be voted on in the House before they were voted on, correct? So, I was just trying to read the info before just commenting on what I had "heard". As I stated, I heard that they would not allow HSA under the Senate bill and wanted to see if that was correct...geeez, just trying to check facts. If that is true, then I don't see how the Prez could sign anything relating to it (I realize the Senate and House bills would have to go into committee before going to the Prez) if it would take away a plan that someone already had. He did say we wouldn't lose our current health plan if we like what we have, correct? Whew.....so tough to get past the sarcasm in this place when looking for basic info.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. kabamm's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #65  
    Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize. Suck it, haters.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    __________________
    BB 850 -> BB 957 -> BB 7230 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> BB 8330 -> Palm Pre -> ?
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yup....apparently running around the world and apologizing and kissing *#@ does seem to get the "Noble folks" attention. Of course, the apologies and *#! kissing didn't seem to work with the Olympic Committee.
    What you call "apologies and *#! kissing", others might call:
    - "not acting like the world's biggest bully"
    - "acting like an adult"
    - "treating foreign leaders with a measure of respect"
    - "understanding the difference between diplomacy and acting like John Wayne"
    - "understanding the difference between trying to lead the world vs. trying to rule it"
    - "recognizing that being American doesn't mean being perfect"

    You say "to-may-to", I say "to-mah-to".

    It's somewhat sad that people hate Obama so much that they actively root against his success, even if it reflects well on our country (i.e. Olympics, Nobel Prize, the fact that we're once again the most admired country in the world). Just goes to show that people hatred of Obama supersedes their love of America.
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/09/2009 at 09:41 AM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize. Suck it, haters.
    Another grown up adds their contribution.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    It's somewhat sad that people hate Obama so much that they actively root against his success, even if it reflects well on our country (i.e. Olympics, Nobel Prize, the fact that we're once again the most admired country in the world). Just goes to show that people hatred of Obama supersedes their love of America.
    I don't hate Obama, did I ever say I "hate" Obama? People throw that word around like the word "love". Would Obama be a guy I'd like to hang around with? Probably not....but I honestly don't hate him. I wouldn't even say I hate Pelosi....she does cause me to get a little nauseous, but no more than BS (Barbara Streissand). Why is it that when you disagree with a person on nearly everything, it is considered hate or racism?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Is it possible that there is no Bill, but maybe just a Resolution (or even a basic proposal simply being considered) being worked through Committee?

    Why repeatedly regurge what you've heard when you have no basis of its authenticity? Who are you proselytizing to?
    Okay, so you don't know where to read what the Senate is about to vote on? Why don't you just say that rather than try and be so critical....if I didn't know better....I'd say you must hate me, LOL.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Who misinformed you that there was a Senate Bill?
    The Senate Finance Committee is voting next Tuesday on something....so again....you don't know where to find what they are voting on, correct? I think you are being defensive that you don't know where to find it....I don't mean to put you in that position....it's fine if you don't know where I can read what they are voting on....really....it's fine....I don't know where to find it either. But....ummm....thanks for your comments?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize. Suck it, haters.
    +1 for punctuation.
    -2 for Post.

    You're still in the negative.
  12. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The Nobel folks disagree, obviously.
    Oh goody! He's in the same camp as Yasser Arafat now. And to think, he was nominated after only one week in office! He must be the "One"!

    Just goes to prove my point that the only reason he's so liked by some of these other countries is because he's not George Bush.
  13. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What you call "apologies and *#! kissing", others might call:
    - "not acting like the world's biggest bully"
    - "acting like an adult"
    - "treating foreign leaders with a measure of respect"
    - "understanding the difference between diplomacy and acting like John Wayne"
    - "understanding the difference between trying to lead the world vs. trying to rule it"
    - "recognizing that being American doesn't mean being perfect"

    You say "to-may-to", I say "to-mah-to".

    It's somewhat sad that people hate Obama so much that they actively root against his success, even if it reflects well on our country (i.e. Olympics, Nobel Prize, the fact that we're once again the most admired country in the world). Just goes to show that people hatred of Obama supersedes their love of America.
    There have got to be millions of people who meet those "qualifications". Why Obama? What did he do up to February 1st that warrants a Peace Prize?
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Need a compass to define your own position? Certainly seems like it since you don't even know where your misinformation came from. Maybe the Baucus proposed plan? Sound familiar? Instead of using a tech forum to search for extremely basic political information, I suggest you look inward and solve your own problems. That's the independence your ilk claims to hold so proudly, after all.
    Wow....you are really one nice guy. I would love to know what you do for a living, LOL. Anyway, you do nothing but criticize individuals in here and it is a shame you don't know how to do anything but that. Yes, I'm aware of Baucus....and you still can't seem to answer my question so it amazes me how when you don't know an answer, you instead just attack a person. Kind of funny....or sad....depending on how you look at it. Since it is Friday and life is going pretty well, I'll say just funny.

    Oh....your position comment is also quite humorous....I was simply wanting to get the wording of what they were going to be voting on. Often what we here from one source isn't exactly true, so rather than being critical of that point I wanted to make sure it was true. If it's possible, have a good day!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    There have got to be millions of people who meet those "qualifications". Why Obama? What did he do up to February 1st that warrants a Peace Prize?
    He wasn't Bush.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    There have got to be millions of people who meet those "qualifications". Why Obama? What did he do up to February 1st that warrants a Peace Prize?
    Not that facts matter, but the nomination occurred in February - the Nobel decision was much more recently.
  17. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Not that facts matter, but the nomination occurred in February - the Nobel decision was much more recently.
    Why wouldn't facts matter? So, are you saying he was nominated in the expectation that he would do something worthy of winning?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Why wouldn't facts matter? So, are you saying he was nominated in the expectation that he would do something worthy of winning?
    Sort of....I'm saying that he was nominated based upon the impact of his historic election on the world's perception of the US, but that the final decision was based upon his actions as president.

    In other words, one can make a convincing argument that he hasn't fulfilled the promise of his presidency yet (and thus his Nobel was premature) - but it's simply wrong to state that he won it based upon his "first two weeks as president".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #79  
    Excuses wearing thin for Obama, media pals

    October 20, 2009

    BY STEVE HUNTLEY


    Have you heard the news? President Obama inherited an economic mess from the Bush administration.

    You say that's hardly news? But it's been the message sounded over and over by the White House. Top Obama adviser David Axelrod said on one of the Sunday news shows, "He walked in the door, we had the worst economy since the Great Depression." In San Francisco, Obama talked of being "busy with our mop." White House heavy hitter Rahm Emanuel used the worst-economy-since-the-Depression line on a public TV news show.

    You'd think it's October 2008, the final month in the Obama presidential candidacy, rather than October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency. Yet the Obama White House is in full campaign mode -- maybe because it needs to mask the shortcomings of the Obama presidency.

    Take, for example, all the talk of inheriting the worst economy since the 1930s crisis. That came in response to the news that the federal deficit hit $1.4 trillion.

    Yet just a few months ago, the Obama camp was singing a little different tune. It was under criticism for the $787 billion stimulus package it bulldozed through Congress on grounds that massive spending was needed to keep the unemployment rate from breaching 8 percent. When joblessness hit 9.5 percent in June, Vice President Joe Biden said, "We misread how bad the economy was."

    They inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression, or the economy turned out to be worse than they thought. Which is it? It can't be both -- unless your brain is completely addled by the Obama charisma.

    Obama is still popular, but polls show the public losing faith in his policies. Another indicator was a ''Saturday Night Live'' skit lampooning Obama for the major accomplishments of his administration -- "jack and squat." If the honeymoon is ending with the American voter, it isn't for obsequious elements of the mainstream media. CNN prostrated itself by fact-checking the ''SNL'' comedy skit.

    But that's harmless compared to the virulent campaign against Obama critics carried out by the denizens of MSNBC. Its Obama acolytes seek to demonize opponents of Obama's policies by focusing on most marginal corners of right-wing politics like, for example, the "birthers" who deny Obama is a natural born citizen. The larger scheme is to imply Obama critics are racists. (edit: as we've seen over and over again in these threads)

    That's the backdrop to the story of Rush Limbaugh getting booted from a group bidding to buy the St. Louis Rams. He was smeared on CNN and MSNBC with false accusations of making two racist comments. He is an abrasive critic of Obama, so he must be racist, or so goes the left-wing story line. I wouldn't defend everything Limbaugh has ever said, but lies were used to blacklist him from professional football for his political views.

    Recently an MSNBC personality accused the U.S. Chamber of Commerce of lobbying for policies that amount to being "treasonous to this country." Remember how liberals roared in outrage at any hint of their patriotism being questioned for criticizing the Iraq War? Well, it's the left that doesn't shy from attacking the patriotism of those it dislikes. Recall the repulsive Moveon.org "General Betray-us" ad against Iraq commander Gen. David Petraeus. Recent opposition to Chicago's Olympic bid was cast as a sign of a lack of patriotism among Obama critics.

    The MSNBC blast against the chamber appears to dovetail with what the Politico newspaper reports is a White House and Democratic effort "to marginalize" the business organization. That echoes the administration assault on the Fox News Channel: It says Fox isn't a news organization.

    The White House trying to dictate who's a news organization. Democrats out to gut a business group. Obama media allies damning Americans as racist, unpatriotic and treasonous. Is this the America Obama promised when he campaigned to end the cynical and divisive politics of the past?
    ~~~
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #80  
    He was nominated because he fits the bill of the progressive movement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Sort of....I'm saying that he was nominated based upon the impact of his historic election on the world's perception of the US, but that the final decision was based upon his actions as president.

    In other words, one can make a convincing argument that he hasn't fulfilled the promise of his presidency yet (and thus his Nobel was premature) - but it's simply wrong to state that he won it based upon his "first two weeks as president".
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions