1.    #1  
    The title bar on my IE 5 says : "name of current website" --http://funchina.126.com. What is it, how did I get it, and how can I get rid of it?

TIA
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    My guess is that 1) you visited that site and they did something from their site, 2) you downloaded an IE 5 addon from some site, or 3) something else happened that I can't guess.

How to fix it? It is a registry setting and it involves editing the registry. You could probably do a search in regedit for that value (funchina or the entire string). Either that or there is a program that will change that setting and many other IE hidden settings. I can't remember exactly what it is called (I've got serveral tweak programs and I don't know which one does it). Maybe it's called Windows98 Configurator (or something like that).

Hope this helps. I hate it when websites do things like change your homepage because they tricked you into hitting some "OK" button on a pop-up from their site.

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    I believe the registry key is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main \ Window Title

If it isn't that, then it's:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main \ Window Title

Delete the "Window Title" value entry (IOW, highlight the "Window Title" name in the right pane and press DEL), close the Registry editor and restart IE.

Without the "Window Title" entry, IE will revert to the "Microsoft Internet Explorer" text.

If you want to get cute, you can modify the text for "Window Title" to whatever you want, like "maddog's Internet Explorer". Just double click on the "Window Title entry to alter the text.

Just make sure you back up the registry before you muck around in it, if you've never done a registry edit before.
    Last edited by ProjectZero; 01/11/2002 at 05:04 PM.