Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
  1.    #1  
    Well the Labor Dept. just reported figures for September 2009. Unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September. Here are the points from AP, Fox, MSNBC, CNN and NYTimes reporting on the Labor Dept report. I also looked at a copy of the Labor Dept report to verify the AP report. And YES, as shocking as it may be they all are the same (for once). Here at the points:

    Aug 2009 9.7%
    Sept 2009 9.8%
    If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

    Here are a few links for you;
    Msnbc
    Fox News
    Cnn
    NYTImes

    Funny how the times still does not get it and tries to play it down as you read midway into the article. Hope and Chance. I'm still hoping for 2010 change. And before anyone goes off on that Obama has only had a short time - remember he signs the bills that the members of the house and senate bring forth. And the majority of the majority have been in office much longer than a few mos.....try YEARS. We should all be scared. In 2010 Vote Democrat, independent or republican - just vote for a new person and lets turn over the dead wood.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Well the Labor Dept. just reported figures for September 2009. Unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September. Here are the points from AP, Fox, MSNBC, CNN and NYTimes reporting on the Labor Dept report. I also looked at a copy of the Labor Dept report to verify the AP report. And YES, as shocking as it may be they all are the same (for once). Here at the points:

    Aug 2009 9.7%
    Sept 2009 9.8%
    If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

    Here are a few links for you;
    Msnbc
    Fox News
    Cnn
    NYTImes

    Funny how the times still does not get it and tries to play it down as you read midway into the article. Hope and Chance. I'm still hoping for 2010 change. And before anyone goes off on that Obama has only had a short time - remember he signs the bills that the members of the house and senate bring forth. And the majority of the majority have been in office much longer than a few mos.....try YEARS. We should all be scared. In 2010 Vote Democrat, independent or republican - just vote for a new person and lets turn over the dead wood.
    It's a lagging indicator.
  3. #3  
    Yes, but a lagging indicator that's getting worse than the prior report still shows movement in the less-desired direction.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Yes, but a lagging indicator that's getting worse than the prior report still shows movement in the less-desired direction.
    I believe if you look at all the economic indicators it appears the downward movement of the economy has been halted and although we're not skyrocketing upward, it appears we are in a position to rebound.

  5. #5  
    and I thought people complaining about how their Pre didnt't revolutionize the world after 4 months was bad!

    it's been 8 1/2 months.....give me a break...let's talk next year at this time and we'll see where we are.
  6. #6  
    Yes, thank God for Obama as without him we would likely be at 50% unemployment with no sign of future jobs in sight. All those temporary jobs, and the car purchases (which, by the way, now will effect the future car purchases) really are making a statement! Good grief.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yes, thank God for Obama as without him we would likely be at 50% unemployment with no sign of future jobs in sight. All those temporary jobs, and the car purchases (which, by the way, now will effect the future car purchases) really are making a statement! Good grief.
    Yup! If he walked on water you would say it's because he can't swim.

  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Yup! If he walked on water you would say it's because he can't swim.

    There you go throwing the race card out there....shame on you
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    There you go throwing the race card out there....shame on you
    What race card?
  10. #10  
    Barack Hussein Obama Mmm, mmm, mm!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I believe if you look at all the economic indicators it appears the downward movement of the economy has been halted and although we're not skyrocketing upward, it appears we are in a position to rebound.

    I haven't been following them closely. I also feel like we are past the worst and that things should soon get a little better.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Yup! If he walked on water you would say it's because he can't swim.

    I knew whoever got elected would have a bad time. Aside from spending more money than I'm comfortable with, I don't think Obama is doing any worse than McCain would have (on the economy). Cash for Clunkers seems to have been money well spent. The 7-800 billion bank bailout was probably too rushed and not spent carefully enough, but armchair quarterbacking is a lot easier than being in the hot seat.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    What race card?
    Nice try....you guys just have to assume that any negative comment is racial....amazing.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Nice try....you guys just have to assume that any negative comment is racial....amazing.
    What are you talking about?

    That saying has nothing to do with race.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    What are you talking about?

    That saying has nothing to do with race.
    Of course not, because it came from a liberal and we all know liberals are not racists! Good grief.

    Republican calls the President a liar (which turns out he was/is)....he's a racist. When in the chambers and liberals called Bush a liar (look for the videos, they did call him that)....the black folks who said that weren't racists just telling the truth.

    Pelosi.....outraged that someone dare called Obama a liar, must apologize!!!!! Yet a liberal, on the chamber floor, says Republicans want to kill people.....her comment on this? "If anything, everyone needs to apologize". What the? You simply can't make this stuff up.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Of course not, because it came from a liberal and we all know liberals are not racists! Good grief.

    Republican calls the President a liar (which turns out he was/is)....he's a racist. When in the chambers and liberals called Bush a liar (look for the videos, they did call him that)....the black folks who said that weren't racists just telling the truth.

    Pelosi.....outraged that someone dare called Obama a liar, must apologize!!!!! Yet a liberal, on the chamber floor, says Republicans want to kill people.....her comment on this? "If anything, everyone needs to apologize". What the? You simply can't make this stuff up.
    To the point of what I was saying, no matter what President Obama does right, there appears to be a certain group that will find fault in it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    To the point of what I was saying, no matter what President Obama does right, there appears to be a certain group that will find fault in it.
    What would be the % of that group?

    PS,

    Please re-frame from using drive by media #s
    MSNBC
    CNN
    ABC
    CBS
    NYT

    They drink lots of Obama Kool-aid as im sure you know.
    Last edited by slingbox; 10/02/2009 at 02:14 PM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    What would be the % of that group?
    I'm going to put it at about 25%.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm going to put it at about 25%.
    Could you explain how you came up with that percent or did you pull it from the sky like Obama does when he is discussing how they think the economy is going and how many jobs they have saved?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm going to put it at about 25%.
    Pretty intense number your throwing out there seeing how low his approval numbers currently are.

  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Could you explain how you came up with that percent or did you pull it from the sky like Obama does when he is discussing how they think the economy is going and how many jobs they have saved?
    You're kidding right?

    One thing I have noticed is nearly all of your posts include some kind of negative comment on the Obama administration. Even where it's a bit forced. Is this a strategy or just a habit you've gotten into?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions