Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since we already know the much anticipated flat panel iMac will make its debut, anyone care to share thoughts on what else Jobs may have up his turtle neck?

I'm thinking he will intro new software...iPhoto. Consumer level photo manipulation/editing software. Perhaps an update to iDVD or iMovie?

And for the "just one for thing"...a new digital device? Perhaps the mythical Apple PDA.

[Dream mode] Who knows, perhaps Jobs may announce he's acquiring Palm! [/Dream mode]
    Perhaps they will fall with handspring?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Perhaps they will fall with handspring?
    Putting words in my mouth?

There's a big difference between Handspring and Apple. Apple is a profitable company with a successful product line. Handspring is an unprofitable cash burner, with lackluster, low margin products.

The key word here is PROFIT. Apple makes money off its products. Handspring loses money on its products.
    My predictions:

--A new version of iMovie that can use the new compression format that FCP3 has;
    --Quicksilver towers that are 1GHz+
    --iPhoto software (I'm tired of waiting on Adobe)
    --The aforementioned LCD iMac

Lots of companies like Adobe will finally release OS X software. Another 10.1.x update would be great as well.

Apple better not buy Handspring. I was thinking of using that for my AF article this year.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Lots of companies like Adobe will finally release OS X software.
    I believe Adobe has only just announced that it WILL eventually have an OSX version of Photoshop. Both Adobe and Macromedia better get their asses in gear and start releasing softwar or...or...or else I guess I'll just have to wait longer.

I don't see any compelling reason as to why Apple would want to purchase Handspring. Maybe Palm, to control the OS.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    A friend of mine @ work and I were talking about the LCD iMac. He heard a rumour that, since it's not feasible right now to get a flat panel iMac under a grand that the flat panel model was a "replacement" for the Cube in the prosumer segment. He also said the rumour called for dual processors across the desktop line.

As for my predictions, since Jobs seems to be heading into the consumer device market, how about a combination personal video recorder, DVD, MP3 jukebox unit that plugs into your entertainment system? Throw in a network connection so that you can download all your MP3s and iMovies, control it from your Mac, etc, and you'd have a killer product.

Hey, I'd pay $50 for that.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    -David Byrne
    ... have dual-processor iBooks and tiMacs as the standard technology from now on.

Go on over to the MacRumors site for more information.
    Did anyone catch a copy of that video of the supposed iWalk?
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by Aardvark
    ... have dual-processor iBooks and tiMacs as the standard technology from now on.
    Hmm, a dual processor, flat panel iMac that's little bigger than a standard 15" flat panel. If they could get that under $1800 I might actually have to think about getting one.

The other one I've heard was for the iDock: essentially a flat panel, wireless terminal. Stick an Airport card in your desktop Mac and be able to access your machine from anywhere in your house or yard. The only problem with that is that they'd need to get it under $500, otherwise why buy it instead of an iBook?

2.5 days and counting.....
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    To take advantage of dual processors, don't you need software that is written to take advantage of dual processors? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $that$ $is$ $only$ $applications$ $like$ $Photoshop$ $and$ $Premiere$ $that$ $do$ $that$....$not$ $really$ $useful$ $for$ $the$ $iMac$ $crowd$.
    -David Byrne
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $OS$ $X$ $nativly$ $works$ $with$ $multiple$ $processors$, $and$ $lets$ $ANY$ $app$ $take$ $advantage$ $of$ $it$...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Mirandu's right, OSX handles it. It's completely transparent to the application.

Now, one could argue that an iMac, which will most likely be used for email and the occasional bout of word processing, doesn't really need it, but if you plan on doing a lot of ripping or iMovie work the dual processors could be a benefit.
    duh. Of course. OSX. My fault.

Well, whatever the announcement is, let's hope it's big. (I just bough a bunch of Apple stock...)
    -David Byrne
    lol
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    not an actual prediction, but an interesting announcement (appeared on MacFixIt today)

ProVUE Development will be demonstrating its new Panorama iPod Organizer. With the Panorama iPod Organizer users can store and access phone numbers, email addresses, flight numbers, appointment times and more on their iPods.
    This would mean the iPod becomes an organizer that plays MP3's. (or the other way around, same thing)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Vinny
    Did anyone catch a copy of that video of the supposed iWalk?
    That was the biggest bunch of malarchy I have ever seen. That same website trotted out a different "iWalk" back when the iPod was announced. The videos were a nice touch, but don't forget these are Mac folks. If anyone can fake videos, it's a Mac user.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Since we already know the much anticipated flat panel iMac will make its debut, anyone care to share thoughts on what else Jobs may have up his turtle neck?

I'm thinking he will intro new software...iPhoto. Consumer level photo manipulation/editing software. Perhaps an update to iDVD or iMovie?

And for the "just one for thing"...a new digital device? Perhaps the mythical Apple PDA.

[Dream mode] Who knows, perhaps Jobs may announce he's acquiring Palm! [/Dream mode]
    Incidentally, TechTV is promoing their broadcast of Jobs's keynote (Monday 12:00 EST) by teasing with three rumors: 1) Flat Panel iMacs, 2) an Apple PDA, and 3) OS X on x86!!. I think I might have to book the executive conference room to watch it on satellite.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    This is why I like Apple. I'm freaking excited and I don't know why.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Joe's predictions ...........
    1. flat panel iMac -- its highly rumored and there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't happen.

2. No iPhoto -- its not processor intensive enough and it would be stepping on Adobe's toes -- something I think Apple would prefer not to do.

3. No OS X for x86 -- thats just silly - thats the quickest way to kill Apple.

4. Release PDA -- uhh .. nah.. don't think so .. way too many people doing that right now, everyone is price concious -- i doubt Apple will be able to make something so different as to drive sales -- buy Palm? Perhaps, but I still think it diversifies them too much.

5. New Lineup of Desktop systems -- Seems to be the most logical choice -- come on Apple -- enter 2000 with a 1Ghz+ machine! hehe..

So the end result? new desktops, new imac, Maybe some analysis of OS X and how wonderful it is .. if we are lucky, a preview and release date for Photoshop 7 (?) on OSX ..

Granted, I haven't been following Apple too close over the past few months, but the above seems about right.. we will see.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast