Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    This is why I like Apple. I'm freaking excited and I don't know why.
    Apple is probably the last exciting company left in the industry. I'm practically pissing my pants with excitement!!!

I'm betting that Apple's big announcement is some kind of wireless computing device like a web pad that you can carry around the house.
    2. No iPhoto -- its not processor intensive enough and it would be stepping on Adobe's toes -- something I think Apple would prefer not to do.
    Apple has no qualms about stepping on Adobe's toes. Final Cut Pro was developed by Apple hiring the original team that developed Premiere and telling them to 'make a better product'.

Which they did.

I think there may be an iPhoto, but that's not much of an announcement, IMHO. Nice to have, but not ground breaking news.

No OS X for x86 -- thats just silly - thats the quickest way to kill Apple
    Apple would never port the OS to run on any ol' x86 machine. However, I COULD see them porting the OS to run on the x86 chip set within Apple's own boxes. That said, I doubt it would happen. I have a feeling Apple is letting the rumor take its own course in hopes of pushing IBM and Motorola to up their PPC speeds sooner than later.

i doubt Apple will be able to make something so different as to drive sales -- buy Palm? Perhaps, but I still think it diversifies them too much.
    You don't think Apple could do something different? If they released a PDA, it would be a HUGE seller. As for diversification, that's exactly where Apple wants to go. Just selling computers isn't the best strategy.

New Lineup of Desktop systems -- Seems to be the most logical choice -- come on Apple -- enter 2000 with a 1Ghz+ machine! hehe..
    Well, the 1+ gig G5s should be coming soon. Maybe not now, but by summer. And while that's nice, I, again, don't think that will be *the* announcement.

Apple is probably the last exciting company left in the industry. I'm practically pissing my pants with excitement!!!
    Same here. Another interesing company I came across is Danger:

http://www.danger.com/

There are some rumors that Apple is talking to this company.

I'm betting that Apple's big announcement is some kind of wireless computing device like a web pad that you can carry around the house.
    That's my favorite rumor. A wireless screen for the iMac. Cool.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    http://www.timecanada.com has the story first...
    -David Byrne
    ME WANT MORE PICTURES! NOW!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #25  
    Yuck! It looks like a desk lamp on steroids!
    like this one? http://www.kagi.com/mnorris/spotthedifference.jpg

or liek the Pixar lamp perhaps?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Apple has no qualms about stepping on Adobe's toes. Final Cut Pro was developed by Apple hiring the original team that developed Premiere and telling them to 'make a better product'.

Which they did.

I think there may be an iPhoto, but that's not much of an announcement, IMHO. Nice to have, but not ground breaking news.
    hmm.. maybe thats why Adobe is so slow to release OS X native apps .. If I was Adobe, I would be peeved at Apple for trying to invade on my territory.

You don't think Apple could do something different? If they released a PDA, it would be a HUGE seller. As for diversification, that's exactly where Apple wants to go. Just selling computers isn't the best strategy.
    Sure they _COULD_ but it would have to be quite a jump -- the biggest problem with a PDA (vs an mp3 player or similar) is the developer community -- they would need to develop a PDA that could interface with Palm or WinCE to get a bulk of the apps and then it would need to be far above what others are doing to even have Apple consider releasing a PDA (maybe voice controlled, lots of memory, the never-die battery .. who knows..) -- and it just seems like those two requirements don't mesh very well. Apple branded PDA has the potential to be cool, but I just don't see it happening ..

I'm sticking with my prediction -- basically focus around the new iMAC form factor, general update in desktop machine specs, a few wizbang things for OSX and thats it.
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Yuck! It looks like a desk lamp on steroids!
    Looks to me like an AirPort with a stick on its back, which is attached to a window.

while I'd need to see better pictures, this could be a great design for a home computer. You don't have to put in on the floor, and you can swing the screen out of the way, or turn it to show someone something. Say, for example, if you have two desks facing each other (like in countless police shows on TV) you could turn the screen to show something to your partner, neither one has to get up. Plus it has a DVD burner and a G4.

At any rate, I think it looks neat, I think Time Canada should have waited another 24 hours to show it (I've lost all my anticipation for the keynote), and I hope it comes in colors other than White/Snow.

(hey Miradu - that *is* the Pixar lamp!)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Let's forget looks for a minute and talk about function. I do not own a digital camera, digital video camera, nor an mp3 player. I would if everything'd just work on my computer. I'll be all over an ipod if the organizer rumor is true.

The pisser for me? This thing's going to be even harder to tinker with than the previous iMac.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by homer
    http://www.timecanada.com has the story first...
    Too bad that Time redirects me to their main site when I try to go there.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  11.    #31  
    I really hope and pray that Apple doesn't shoot itself in the foot (or head) by killing the old iMac. Considering the entry level neo Imac sells for $1200, they really need one or two low cost legacy models to fill out the price scale. If Apple would market a low end $499 iMac....I would even buy one!!!
    Originally posted by Yorick

...I think Time Canada should have waited another 24 hours to show it (I've lost all my anticipation for the keynote),
    Don't worry Yorick, I'm sure there is plenty of more surprises at MacWorld!
    -Vincent
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by Vinny

I tend to agree. With all this hype and buzz being put out by Apple, there has to be something we haven't seen yet. Perhaps it is a PDA.

One thing is certain; if this iMac is all that Apple has up its sleeve...they are SO DEAD!.
    Originally posted by Vinny

well, yeah, but this would seem to be the "big thing."
    The new MacAddict came in today's mail; they offer up a bunch of truly goofy and unrealistic predictions for MacWorld Expo -- the best being a green version of the iPod they call "peaPod"

Originally posted by foo fighter
    One thing is certain; if this iMac is all that Apple has up its sleeve...they are SO DEAD!.

They can borrow my avatar. I'll even tweak it to take a bite out and put a leaf on top.

ah, I'm gonna go do something else for an hour.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  15.    #35  
    Originally posted by Yorick
    They can borrow my avatar. I'll even tweak it to take a bite out and put a leaf on top.

ah, I'm gonna go do something else for an hour.
    LOL! Mac users everywhere will begin burning Steve Jobs in protest! =)

I really do hope there is something cool under Jobs turtleneck. Still waiting for the mythical PDA announcement.
  16.    #36  
    Uh oh! Apple's stock price has begun to slide. It's the only one in negative territory right now.

The tech media is tearing the new iMac apart. Everyone seems to dislike it. CNET Radio is having a field day.
    At any rate, I think it looks neat, I think Time Canada should have waited another 24 hours to show it
    It sounds like Time really messed this one up. I doubt they are going to get any exclusives from apple anymore.

I also doubt that this is the only big announcement. If it IS, then I have no respect for Apple marketing, as they've been hyping this WAY too much for just a flat-panel iMac.
    -David Byrne
  18.    #38  
    NEW IBOOK COMING! 14 inch display, 800 mhz.
  19.    #39  
    Here we go....Apple store is down.

And so it begins..............
  20.    #40  
    Damn, I'm so excited my hands are even sweating!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast