Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Grass roots or not, still a bunch of criminals.
    You are still woofing a bunch of noise. Where are your convicted criminals in Acorn. Oh wait you didn't state if they were convicted criminals. My bad.

    Grass roots or not....I could say the same for the tea bagging movement. Does that mean you don't care? I think in my opinion some conservative wonk cares in slurring Acorn, but the results will backfire. In their rush to pass legislation against Acorn they wrote it broad enough to convict other people/groups that receive taxpayers money. The military contractors are now starting to worry about misuse of government funds. I am all for convicting criminals.

    Oh wait if there is a bunch of criminals, besides one of the inner circle guys accused of embezzlement could you just give me one name? Oh wait you want your lawyer with you before you state a name of just one criminal (of Acorn).
  2. #62  
    The union is not the workers in any sense at all. Look at the NEA as an example. The posturing done by the NEA and the groups it gives millions to are not the ones supported on the local level. The NEA gave a million or so to ACORN - do you think the average local teacher would support that? No, not at all. Try it again, Sam.

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Your first two statements are false. I can check my local newspaper and criminal charges aren't routinely being filed because of violence in a labor dispute.

    I don't even understand your next two statements. We are all human. Who would be stupid enough to say any human group is perfect?

    Businesses bring unionization upon themselves. If all the employee were listened to and treated fairly, employees wouldn't see any value in uniting into a single bargaining unit. Don't make the mistake of looking at a union as separate entity, it's not. The union is the workers.
  3. #63  
    You have not been reading, have you. Look at who has been putting the pressure on the advertisers to pull out. Then try it again.

    Grass roots to most people means an organization that is local. There is no way under the purple sun that an organization like ACORN and the way it was founded is anything close to grass roots.

    Quote Originally Posted by philpalm View Post
    So is it your opinion or a fact that Acorn is not grass roots? Oh wait Glen Beck has modified/cheapen the definition of grass roots by calling the tea bag group grass roots....

    Glen Beck has had advertisers pull out from sponsoring his show. Pressure from the Free Market, or pressure from haters of Glen Beck?

    Ok maybe I have put too much innuendo on your position. I am sorry if you were insulted or think I am calling you names. This is your topic, you're are allowed opinions and if you don't address what Grass roots means, I refuse in my opinion to believe that Acorn is not a grass roots organization. It is more so in a very proletarian way than any other American group today.
  4. #64  
    Innuendo? heck now, every office they were at had not a problem with it at all. Innuendo? Really now.

    Quote Originally Posted by philpalm View Post
    Let me be the devil's advocate on saying both Acorn and the Tea baggers are grass roots advocates. Acorn uses POC members more than Tea Baggers. So yeah in a way I am more biased with POC politics.

    Recently the Republicans have distanced themselves publically from Anti -Latin politics (Grinrich now has a bilingual staff) and the innuendo is that Acorn would allow exploitation of Latin women for Prostitution.

    Not in Los Angeles has Acorn shown distain towards the Latin people. They march with Latins for better education and housing. If Anything I can find more good that Acorn has done for Latins than any good that the Tea bag "grass roots" movement has done for Latins.

    Oh you claim it is two leaders of Acorn who are pulling the Puppet strings of all the Acorn members( your quote:"Look in to it and the 2 dudes that run it") No you look into it instead of parrotting your "Puppet master" Glen Beck. In fact Huffington Post caught the Fox Producer hyping the crowd for their Glen Beck moment.(who was chastised, and I doubt they will fire her)
  5. #65  
    Google may be your friend - try looking for voter fraud ACORN and then look at the various links and read a short while.

    As for worrying about misuse - hey that is what this is all about. Guilty? Pay the price.

    Quote Originally Posted by philpalm View Post
    You are still woofing a bunch of noise. Where are your convicted criminals in Acorn. Oh wait you didn't state if they were convicted criminals. My bad.

    Grass roots or not....I could say the same for the tea bagging movement. Does that mean you don't care? I think in my opinion some conservative wonk cares in slurring Acorn, but the results will backfire. In their rush to pass legislation against Acorn they wrote it broad enough to convict other people/groups that receive taxpayers money. The military contractors are now starting to worry about misuse of government funds. I am all for convicting criminals.

    Oh wait if there is a bunch of criminals, besides one of the inner circle guys accused of embezzlement could you just give me one name? Oh wait you want your lawyer with you before you state a name of just one criminal (of Acorn).
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The union is not the workers in any sense at all. Look at the NEA as an example. The posturing done by the NEA and the groups it gives millions to are not the ones supported on the local level. The NEA gave a million or so to ACORN - do you think the average local teacher would support that? No, not at all. Try it again, Sam.
    Believe what you want. I have been in a union for 29 years and it's the workers who are the union. Make no mistake about it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Do I get the same quality answers if I plug in "Bush" and "miserable failure"?
    He kicked your side's sad choices two times running.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #68  
    Make sure you include the democrat leadership - the very ones who said everything was fine, everything was solvent, everything was just fine and dandy. Make sure you include those sitting on the boards of Frannie & Freddie who made their millions before it all came down. Just remember to include all of those when you place blame. Just remember Nancy as she says ...is a great person, one to look up to.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Do I get the same quality answers if I plug in "Bush" and "miserable failure"?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    I'll just take that as an unqualified "Yes", oh dearly rabid partisan.
    Pot, meet Kettle.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #70  
    Goodness. This is slightly off topic; however, it goes to show what a great man our president is. We gotta support the office, but we sure do not have to support the occupant. Another great example of the values this man has:

    Gateway Pundit: Obama's Safe Schools Czar Kevin Jennings Hid Pedophilia

    Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, (promotes homosexuality/hid pedophilia)

    and of course for the other side: note, no mention about pedophilia.

    Think Progress » FACT CHECK: The Right-Wing Smear Campaign Against Kevin Jennings
  11. #71  
    Please tell me what is incorrect in the above post.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    I'll just take that as an unqualified "Yes", oh dearly rabid partisan.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Goodness. This is slightly off topic; however, it goes to show what a great man our president is. We gotta support the office, but we sure do not have to support the occupant. Another great example of the values this man has:

    Gateway Pundit: Obama's Safe Schools Czar Kevin Jennings Hid Pedophilia

    Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, (promotes homosexuality/hid pedophilia)

    and of course for the other side: note, no mention about pedophilia.

    Think Progress » FACT CHECK: The Right-Wing Smear Campaign Against Kevin Jennings
    Maybe I am missing it, but what sex offenders list is he on? You know, Megan's law?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Maybe I am missing it, but what sex offenders list is he on? You know, Megan's law?
    Sad to say but some people thought it was alright to infer that Glen Beck committed a sex crime. Americans can get so easily upset if there are sexual references.

    I don't know if Palandri is really interested in Megan's law or not, my concern is any charges of sexual wrongdoings. The other person who posted about sexual wrongdoing is making another side issue.

    Glen Beck is he an entertainer or investigative journalist. My hunch he is more entertainer and should not be taken too lightly or too seriously. Meanwhile everyone at TreoCentral do recognize this is an off topic section and should treat things posted with a huge grain of salt.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Grass roots or not, still a bunch of criminals.
    [x] Union, Acorn, Republicans, Democrats, KKK, Black Panther Party, Sons of the Confederacy, BLOODS, [local or national ] PTA, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and ALL other groups are nothing but a bunch of criminals.

    Can't think of any group that has all perfect members.

    Honestly, that is the joke of the internet... you could flip the names of any of these groups and get the same results.

    But of course we want to defend our group as being good.

    I can say that obama and his current group happen to be much better than those last clowns we had in office.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    [x] Union, Acorn, Republicans, Democrats, KKK, Black Panther Party, Sons of the Confederacy, BLOODS, [local or national ] PTA, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and ALL other groups are nothing but a bunch of criminals.

    Can't think of any group that has all perfect members.

    Honestly, that is the joke of the internet... you could flip the names of any of these groups and get the same results.

    But of course we want to defend our group as being good.

    I can say that obama and his current group happen to be much better than those last clowns we had in office.
    You can say it. Doesn't make it so.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  16. #76  
    False socialism sign? He said it and the emerging evidence supports him.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Exactly what presidential plan employs ownership of industries which did not originate up to 2 years ago?

    Where were your "Socialism" signs at that time?
    Wrong then, wrong now. Where the heck have you been?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Really? Were all you "Socialism"-sign carrying protesters in stealth-mode? Don't seem to recall the same Tea-baggers representing their president thusly:
    Maybe I blinked?
    Guess so. Or asleep, unconscious, coma....
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Not sure the nation can tell the difference with today's Republican participation in developing solutions to critical, national problems. Beck hasn't authorized Republican problem-solving activity yet?
    I'm sorry. It may just be me, but was this written in english?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Almost like the difference between Hannity and Safire, huh?
    Can't help you. I don't watch either. Sorry!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions