1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a source for the Trilogy in e-book form? After seeing the movie, I want to revisit the books, but would prefer the e-book format. Can't say how old I was when I first read them, but it was a looooong time ago..

Thanks in advance
    I downloaded them in a gigantic e-book collection once. If you'd like, I can e-mail them to you. I wasn't able to find it online anywhere. If you have a fast connection, the e-book collection's file name was "1400 SciFi, Fantasy, and Classic eBooks.zip". I found it on Morpheus, and several users had it. However, it is upwards of 170 MB for the whole thing.

Ask me and I'll e-mail it to you. Of course, this thread will likely get locked once a moderator reads it . E-mail me if you'd like a copy.
    Dan Irwin
    "You can kill the revolutionary, but you can't kill the revolution."
    Well I have it in palm format...works in isolo, wordsmith, tomeraider. Its 1.4meg drop me a mail if you want this one.

Also correct me if im wrong but isn ther something about 50+ year old books and copyright????
    Originally posted by pgroves
    Also correct me if im wrong but isn ther something about 50+ year old books and copyright????
    Pre-1977, copyrights had to be renewed at regular intervals or they would be lost. Post-1977, it's the life of the author +50 years (I think it's 50 years, I'd go look it up but I don't have that much time this afternoon).
    The executor of the Tolkien estate is his son, Christopher Tolkien, who from all reports (and a documentary I recently saw aboput Tolkien) is a major tight-*** and is super-protective of his father's works. If he had his way, the movies would not have been made save that his father sold off the rights in the 60's.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Yep that sounds like what I was reffering to. Thanks for the good info Yorick
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Yorick

The executor of the Tolkien estate is his son, Christopher Tolkien, who from all reports (and a documentary I recently saw aboput Tolkien) is a major tight-*** and is super-protective of his father's works.
    This is readily apparent when you spend 4 hours on google trying to piece together the whole trilogy.

The son is definately a hinderance. Heck, I'd love to be able to purchase LOR online, but it's just not available. I have the copies in paperback, but now that I've been accostomed to the convienence, I darn shure don't want to add to the laptop bag of stuff if I don't have to.

Thanks for all the help...it's greatly appreciated.