Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Some are saying wait to past judgement. I ask why? The past is in the past. It's over. Stop going to yesterday to take attention away from today. Just say stop to the fed. Let the chips fall and we the people can and will make the USA the leader again. We only need the taxation and restrictions to stop. And YES I am passing judgement today. We may not have tomarrow.
    Someone needs to create an app to fix pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Change can happen very quickly. Look what he did for gun sales before he he was even sworn in! Sellers and manufacturers are charging and making more... US residents are tossing ridiculous amounts of hard earned cash for something many of them will never use - they were just scared into making a purchase while they could/can. There are down sides, but I'm not going to drag out this post.
    Supply < Demand, price goes up.

The market for weapons has been up for many reasons. The US is now host to the kidnapping capital of north America (Phoenix AZ, just up the road from me!). The police are more underfunded than ever, the middle class is seeing their rights slowly eroded and their earnings handed to those who dont have the wherewithal to support themselves. This entitlement camp in the lower classes is getting more violent and pushy every day, and the government is threatening to remove the rights of its citizens to keep their arms, let alone bear.

Everyone has a use for a weapon, everyone. Dont believe me? How are you going to cut your steak to eat it? Seriously though, in the last several years we've witnessed the martial law of katrina, uncontrolled looting therein, and people being stripped of their weapons and then suddenly becoming subject to the violence of those who refused to turn over their arms! THEN, the supreme court turns around and finds that the police do NOT have the responsibility to PROTECT you. Combine that with increasing violence due to drugs and the trafficking thereof, especially in border cities. Combined with leniency on criminals due to horrendous burdens put upon the criminal justice system, and it becomes clear why people are buying arms at an unprecedented level. The fact that the two figureheads of this administration are for banning the very weapons people have the most use for in a protection role, and it offers all the more incentive to take up arms in your own cause.

I can personally attest to the fact that the people buying these weapons are from every walk of life. Not just gun toting right wing conspiracy theorists (like myself), but grandma, grandpa, your lawyer, doctors, college kids, grocery store clerks. An armed society is a polite society.. by necessity.

Also remember that the influx of capital into the gun business is a positive. From those companies we get increases in weapons technology that directly impacts our military. Again, I can personally attest to this. We are putting better weapons in our soldiers hands so that they can return home safe. Not all of them will, and those that build the warriors tools are always trying to develop better ways to improve their odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by IVIacGyver View Post
    Someone needs to create an app to fix pics.
    A zoom feature would be awesome... then I could use my Pre as a optic on my rifle

Seriously tho, where are all the customization and photo edit options that are available elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Amazing how no matter what one thinks of the past, it is ok for this current to not reduce debt. The past is not an excuse for the present and future.
    A little perspective is pretty useful:

National-Debt-GDP
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Obams HAS done NOTHING - what has the PERSONALLY done? has he authored anything he signed? He's a figurehead, as is ANY president. He's a face to the ADMINISTRATION. The Obama ADMINISTRATION has done those things, NOT him. He has put a pretty face on the news stories tho
    Great point, yet it is flawed. Just because he doesn't personally sign a bill or author something personally does not mean he did NOTHING. He help create the administration he is IN CHARGE of. Hence, in order to become more EFFICIENT, his ADMINISTRATION will AUTHOR, SIGN/PASS certain bills in order to further Obama's goals.

Some men are capable of great things, others are not - why settle for a mediocre world when we can all benefit from the accomplishments of the talented? Those skilled people are why we have airplanes, modern healthcare, computers, smartphones, etc. All men are CREATED equal, not KEPT so, and certainly not mean to be so by intervention from anyone, including the gub-mint.
    I am a firm believer that we all can perform any task we dedicate and work hard towards. It may take some longer or special attention, yet no task is impossible. Example, in HS my professor claimed that I would be in a burger joint serving them burgers and fries simply because we disagreed on certain issues. Yet I received a full scholarship to my undergrad and after that I attended Dental School. Now I am a Dentist. If I took my professor's opinion and comments as the TRUTH I would probably be serving burgers and fries.

We can agree to disagree on several things. I do not like what the administration is doing - increase tobacco taxes to pay for childrens healthcare, while spending federal dollars to get people to quit? ***? So, if you quit smoking, you are AGAINST education!! Government at its finest..
    I could be wrong,but it appears that you are missing the main points. The tobacco industry is making a killing on "killing" its customers, so why not use the extra tax dollars to benefit the kids? Now lets look at the bigger picture. Not that the system is perfect, but it helps create a foundation for the kids as well as improving the health of our Nation. Smoking is detrimental to the person smoking as well as the person who they are around. Hence a decrease in tobacco users will improve our nations health, thus decreasing the money spent to fight lung cancer, oral cancer, and other tobacco induced issues. Therefore, the money saved can continue to fund the kid's education.
    That graph shows Obama with a line increasing better than Truman. I guess if this is a trend then we should give him time. It will be historic.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    The data forming that graph was collected thru 2/27/09.
    even more freightening
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    even more freightening
    What I find interesting about the graph is that it was a *bipartisan* policy to reduce the crushing levels of debt amassed fighting World War II, and that even with LBJ's Great Society programs, the debt continued on its downward trajectory.

The two notable exceptions are Reagan and Bush II (Bush I is a special case), both of whom subscribed to the view that tax cuts for the wealthy increase overall tax revenue.

Clinton made a good effort, and erased the deficit, but that was all undone, and then some, by Bush II.

And Obama's hardly had enough time--especially with an economic meltdown--to declare his stab at this anything like a "trend."
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    What I find interesting about the graph is that it was a *bipartisan* policy to reduce the crushing levels of debt amassed fighting World War II, and that even with LBJ's Great Society programs, the debt continued on its downward trajectory.

The two notable exceptions are Reagan and Bush II (Bush I is a special case), both of whom subscribed to the view that tax cuts for the wealthy increase overall tax revenue.

Clinton made a good effort, and erased the deficit, but that was all undone, and then some, by Bush II.

And Obama's hardly had enough time--especially with an economic meltdown--to declare his stab at this anything like a "trend."
    Totally agree even the last part. Yet, I only wish we could see down the road. We only have the information available to us at this time. I have to say it just does not look good. And that is the scary part. If we keep going down this road, will we be able to get back? At least we can still speak out (both sides).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123