Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107
  1.    #61  
    My current desktop:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #62  
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    My current desktop:
    You really really need to get a Mac...... sheesh ..

    joe
  3.    #63  
    Originally posted by Cerulean
    You really really need to get a Mac...... sheesh ..
    Ha! I did order an iMac G4..but won't receive it for another week.
  4. #64  
    So I'm not the only person who finds Windows XP's default blue irritating. I too have the "platinum" theme.
    My backround is from Bill Amend's website.

    GRRRRR! It won't post! Arrrrg.
    -Bernie

    "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
  5. #65  
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    So I'm not the only person who finds Windows XP's default blue irritating. I too have the "platinum" theme.
    My backround is from Bill Amend's website.
    GRRRRR! It won't post! Arrrrg.
    Where can I get that theme?

    Joe
  6. #66  
    For the platinum theme, go to display properties, and on the first tab there should be a drop down menu with themes.

    Also, Foxtrot background: http://homepage.mac.com/billamend/ scroll down a little to get to it.
    -Bernie

    "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
  7. #67  
    It's not in mine! - Are you using Plus! or did you download it from somewhere?
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  8.    #68  
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    For the platinum theme, go to display properties, and on the first tab there should be a drop down menu with themes.
    Huh? There is no "Platinum" theme in XP. Are you talking about the "Classic" style?
  9. #69  
    I'm so sick of these anemic, iconless desktops. Icons are good! Use them! Here's my desktop:

    PS: OS X looks ALOT better then that, but I had to kick the quality way down to get it on the board. The desktop is set to rotate the images, the current picture is one taken by my self of my friend Vic at a famous prison in San Fran (guess..) this past summer. man, those we're good times
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chrisfoster; 04/04/2002 at 09:33 PM.
    -- Go Illini!
  10. #70  
    Originally posted by chrisfoster
    I'm so sick of these anemic, iconless desktops. Icons are good! Use them! Here's my desktop: [...]
    Do you leave your 'real life' desktop cluttered with paper, books, etc., too? Personally, I treat my computer desktop similar to my real one. New text documents and whatnot get stored there temporarily when they're first started, but when they're not active, they get filed away where they're easily locatable and out of the way.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  11. #71  
    Originally posted by chrisfoster
    I'm so sick of these anemic, iconless desktops. Icons are good! Use them!
    Then why are most of your icons of the generic variety?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  12. #72  
    Originally posted by foo fighter


    Huh? There is no "Platinum" theme in XP. Are you talking about the "Classic" style?
    So where did you get the theme thats in your screenshot? I really like it.

    Joe
  13.    #73  
    Originally posted by Cerulean
    So where did you get the theme thats in your screenshot? I really like it.
    It's called "Brushed". You can download it here:

    http://members.lycos.co.uk/kol028/th...hedupdate3.zip

    This is for XP only.
  14. #74  
    Whoops! I gave the wrong instructions! Sorry! Go to the "Appearence" tab, and go to color scheme, and there is silver. It's not even platinum. I'm all screwed up. Sorry!
    -Bernie

    "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
  15. #75  
    Originally posted by Toby
    Do you leave your 'real life' desktop cluttered with paper, books, etc., too? Personally, I treat my computer desktop similar to my real one. New text documents and whatnot get stored there temporarily when they're first started, but when they're not active, they get filed away where they're easily locatable and out of the way.
    My desk is always full of junk, i'll put a pic here when I get home. That desktop pic is actually pretty cleaned up; untill a few months ago, I used to have the whole thing totaly filled up with junk.

    Originally posted by Yorick

    Then why are most of your icons of the generic variety?
    I useally keep the folders in my dock with custom icons so I can figure them out quickly. Sometimes i'll tag my desktop icons, but useally its the quick access to a specific file name that i'm after. Its alot easyer to quickly click on a clipping on the desktop then surf though my home. I do try to keep everything in my home for easy back up. I learned that one the hardway.
    -- Go Illini!
  16. #76  
    Originally posted by chrisfoster
    My desk is always full of junk, i'll put a pic here when I get home. That desktop pic is actually pretty cleaned up; untill a few months ago, I used to have the whole thing totaly filled up with junk. [...]
    OK, so what exactly is your problem with other people not wanting to have to deal with such 'junk'? Feeling envious that they can/choose to be organized? ; )-<
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  17. #77  
    Twin Towers M.I.A.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  18. #78  
    Here is my current XP Desktop:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  19. #79  
    Originally posted by Toby
    OK, so what exactly is your problem with other people not wanting to have to deal with such 'junk'? Feeling envious that they can/choose to be organized? ; )-<
    Who said my junk wasn't organized! I used to amaze my friends when I could read off all the name of the icons on my desktop when they'd cover it up.

    The desktop is an extension of a personalty. I'm not envious of anybody's desktop mostly because I feel their wasting tons of space given to them by the OS. Personally, i like to use as much of it as possible and keep it manageable, same way with my physical desks.

    Going though tons of directories take too long. I'd rather use the desktop...or the command line I wish Apple would bring back spring loaded folders.
    -- Go Illini!
  20. #80  
    I use the desktop as a stress reliever. I want nothing to do with work anywhere near it. Just a nice picture of family or places that mean something.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions