Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    What the heck does this have to do with the subject?
    It was only a joke: Celebritology - Separated at Birth: Kanye West and Joe Wilson?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Can't wait for the next time. ******...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Kayne West is brilliant... he makes (some good) music and spreads his name through crazy antics.

Of all the musicians, we are talking about Mr. West. Guess we could be talking about the great music that lady (what is her name?) he interrupted.

But we are not...

He will apologize all over the place and everyone in the music industry will forgive him... he and THAT LADY might even do a song together... she would love to have his start power on her CD.

Put Kayne in some snake skin boots. Whoa yaaaa! lol

On a serious note, we already know the guy is brilliant when it comes to music... And we also know he has some screws missing... that is known.

Begs the question.... why was he on stage? lol He should be expected to do something crazy at any moment. Or is that what is hoped? lol
    That lady is Taylor Swift and her album in 2008 (which came out 2 weeks before THE IDIOTS 2008 album) outsold THE *****'S album in the US by over 2 million copies. So if anyone needs the star power it's THE ***** not the other way around. I have seen THE *****'S antics and don't understand why anyone puts up with him. I am happy that I have never heard any THE *****'S "music" and I plan on keeping it that way.
    Last edited by loupy; 09/15/2009 at 06:14 AM.
    Haven't liked Kanye West music since College Dropout, he acts like a female does always crying, whining, and griping I thought he would wake up when his mother tragically passed on but he has not changed at all. He is hurting his fanbase(pop music) with these antics.
    Kayne West is brilliant... he makes (some good) music and spreads his name through crazy antics.

GAG! NOT!

Music? Thats not music, its noise, its angry, urban, hate messaging noise!

Do you honestly think this music will be even heard in 20 years from now? or 40?

Think Beatles, or Elvis, or even Michael Jackson(as wierd as he was), THESE are artists whose music has longevity.

This ugly, nasty, angry sound known as "Rap" will fade from history like a bad memory,. sadly tho, not before trash like Kanye West cash in on it, and become wealthy beyond any correlation to their actual talent. But money does not make a man, class and character does, and West has ZERO!

Just one persons opinion, and thats mine
    Last edited by dianehelen; 09/15/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by loupy View Post
    That lady is Taylor Swift and her album in 2008 (which came out 2 weeks before THE IDIOTS 2008 album) outsold THE *****'S album in the US by over 2 million copies. So if anyone needs the star power it's THE ***** not the other way around. I have seen THE *****'S antics and don't understand why anyone puts up with him. I am happy that I have never heard any THE *****'S "music" and I plan on keeping it that way.
    You sound like a Republican.

So angry... I won't get into numbers... or accomplishments... it will be embarrassing for you. Plus, considering I've never purchased one of his CDs, it is not that crucial.

To answer one of your other questions, why does everyone put up with him? Because he is brilliant (or considered brilliant). If he is brilliant or not, I guess is a matter of what you like. Considering you don't know him and never heard his music, I can understand.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    GAG! NOT!

Music? Thats not music, its noise, its angry, urban, hate messaging noise!

Do you honestly think this music will be even heard in 20 years from now? or 40?

Think Beatles, or Elvis, or even Michael Jackson(as wierd as he was), THESE are artists whose music has longevity.

This ugly, nasty, angry sound known as "Rap" will fade from history like a bad memory,. sadly tho, not before trash like Kanye West cash in on it, and become wealthy beyond any correlation to their actual talent. But money does not make a man, class and character does, and West has ZERO!

Just one persons opinion, and thats mine
    Hmm... class and character? You must like some rappers then since some have class and character. But then again, most in the music industry makes mistakes, so you must hate everyone. Make your own music in the garage? Bet it sounds nice since you are so perfect.

Crazy tv antics does not make one not have class or character... no matter what nasty and classless words you use to assassinate his character.

Yes, rap has went into the toilet... IMO... although, I believe Jesus Walks will be heard for a while... far as Elvis, some consider him a thief.... Beattles were cool, but I could think of better music during that period.... MJ liked children and I'd rather not speak of him. I'd rather put up with crazy antics than someone like MJ. Guess it is all "IMO" and what some are willing to put up with... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    [comment deleted] Do you wonder why your guy has such a low approval rating? Hint: it's not because of racism, as we saw when he got elected.

Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    He said "George Bush does not care about black people".

And while I'm not a big fan of his music or what he did during the MTV music awards, he was right here. In fact you can replace George Bush with 'The Republican Party'.

Today on MSNBC I just happened to catch a glimpse of the Tea Party simpletons protesting and one thing became quite clear - racism is alive and well in this country.
    Last edited by groovy; 09/16/2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: removed unecessary remarks
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

So angry... I won't get into numbers... or accomplishments... it will be embarrassing for you. Plus, considering I've never purchased one of his CDs, it is not that crucial.

To answer one of your other questions, why does everyone put up with him? Because he is brilliant (or considered brilliant). If he is brilliant or not, I guess is a matter of what you like. Considering you don't know him and never heard his music, I can understand.
    Please do go into the numbers - I think the embarrassment will be on you not me - here's a number for you: Both of Taylor's albums have sold 4+ million copies in the US; NONE of the THE *****'S albums has ever sold 4 Million copies in the US. As for not listening to his "music" that's my choice.

As for accomplishments, I think award shows are all useless anyway. Same people who in the past have picked Christopher Cross' Album over Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull over Metallica (back when they were actually relevant), and on and on ....

Accomplishments to me are based on commercial success and fan base - Your argument has neither in his favor.

No need to go into my politics - suffice it to say I'm a puertorrican who grew up in the projects of Brooklyn, NY.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Judging by your poor use of punctuation and inability to write a coherent sentence, I'd say you're a democrat.

I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by shaklee3 View Post
    [comment deleted] Do you wonder why your guy has such a low approval rating? Hint: it's not because of racism, as we saw when he got elected.
    [comment deleted]

BTW the latest approval rating for Obama is around 50%. I wouldn't call that such a low rating. It's expected given almost 50% of the country is made of up of dumb yahoos who vote based on what they heard on the radio or what God wants them to do. Plus his skin color is just a shade too dark for some of these folks. Anyway compared to Chuckle Nut's rating of 22% at the end of his presidency Obama is doing very well.

we saw when he got elected
    Oh you mean like how Gore got screwed in 2000 with rigged voting machines?? We saw that too and had to listen to this crap that I'll repeat for you: GET OVER IT, YOU LOST!!
    Last edited by groovy; 09/16/2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: not needed
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    [comment deleted]

BTW the latest approval rating for Obama is around 50%. I wouldn't call that such a low rating. It's expected given almost 50% of the country is made of up of dumb yahoos who vote based on what they heard on the radio or what God wants them to do. Plus his skin color is just a shade too dark for some of these folks. Anyway compared to Chuckle Nut's rating of 22% at the end of his presidency Obama is doing very well.

Oh you mean like how Gore got screwed in 2000 with rigged voting machines?? We saw that too and had to listen to this crap that I'll repeat for you: GET OVER IT, YOU LOST!!
    What does any of this drivel have to do with the topic of this thread?
    Last edited by groovy; 09/16/2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: not needed
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    There are plenty other threads to discuss politics. Let's try to keep on topic and avoid personal attacks. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    What does any of this drivel have to do with the topic of this thread?
    Um, read much? The OP introduced several topics.
    Um, read much? The OP introduced several topics.
    I read a lot. It looks like I comprehend a bit better than you too. The two posts that started this thread were about the stupid comments that Kanya West makes with video to support them.

The fact that one of them mentioned George Bush doesn't open this thread to a political discussion, any more than Kayne slamming teh Pope would turn this into a religion/atheism debate.

there are plenty of those threads. Find one or open one yourself.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I read a lot. It looks like I comprehend a bit better than you too. The two posts that started this thread were about the stupid comments that Kanya West makes with video to support them.

The fact that one of them mentioned George Bush doesn't open this thread to a political discussion, any more than Kayne slamming teh Pope would turn this into a religion/atheism debate.

there are plenty of those threads. Find one or open one yourself.
    Well woof, since you can comprehend so well, comprehend this:

1.Your opinion is noted, but you're not a moderator and can't tell me what/where to post.

2.If you have a problem with what I posted, no one's forcing you to read it or reply to it. Simply ignore me.

3.The OP took a position on one of Kanye's comments which I disagree with and voiced mine.

If the opinions posted by the OP are not up for debate, then there's no point to this forum.
    Last edited by darreno1; 09/16/2009 at 02:24 PM.
    And of course the mainstream media is apologizing for letting the remark slip past them. Amazing. More proof that the "4th Branch of Government" is totally irreverent and rapidly making itself more so.

http://www.politico.com/click/storie...a_jackass.html

Now, an ABC spokesperson explains to POLITICO what happened:

"In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview. This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

The White House had no immediate comment.

— Josh Gerstein contributed to this report.

Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    UNCONFIRMED: OBAMA CALLS KANYE WEST A JACK@SS

If true, I may have to rethink my opinion of our president.
    Well woof, since you can comprehend so well, comprehend this:
    1.Your opinion is noted, but you're not a moderator and can't tell me what/where to post.
    Noted but I can point out the inaccuracies in your posts. If nothing else it gets you all worked up.
    2.If you have a problem with what I posted, no one's forcing you to read it or reply to it. Simply ignore me.
    Free country/public board sweetheart. I can read and post anywhere I like. If I have a problem with the relevance or the accuracy of what you post I will respond. If you can't handle it, proofread your junk before you hit submit.
    3.The OP took a position on one of Kanye's comments which I disagree with and voiced mine.
    The position taken by said OP was one that Kanye is a moron (my word not theirs). That opinion had nothing to do with Bush other than the fact that he was the topic of one of Tool Boy's (my view of Kanye) comments.
    Where did Obama even come into it? You went so far off the ranch here. But real slick piece of work playing the race card. What's next? Calling all the Kanye hater's racist too?
    Is this another Kanye quote? No? then how is it relevant to the topic of "Kanye West Proves He is an *****, Again"? Answer: it's not.

If the opinions posted by the OP are not up for debate, then there's no point to this forum.
    Debate all you want, but at least debate the topic at hand an not some tenuously related tangent that has no bearing on the original topic.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Noted but I can point out the inaccuracies in your posts. If nothing else it gets you all worked up.
    No one said you couldn't 'sweetheart'. It's just that you didn't, but instead, whined.

Free country/public board sweetheart. I can read and post anywhere I like[/B]. If I have a problem with the relevance or the accuracy of what you post I will respond. If you can't handle it, proofread your junk before you hit submit.
    Never said you couldn't 'sweetheart', my comment was merely a suggestion since you seemed to getting all worked up. For someone that claims to have good reading comprehension skills, your reasoning surely don't reflect it. BTW since it's a free country / public forum, I'll continue to post my opinion where I see fit as well, whether YOU like it or not, ok 'sweetheart'?

The position taken by said OP was one that Kanye is a moron (my word not theirs). That opinion had nothing to do with Bush other than the fact that he was the topic of one of Tool Boy's (my view of Kanye) comments.
    ????? I'm not even going to bother. I'm going to chalk this one up to it being late and you having one too many drinks.

Where did Obama even come into it? You went so far off the ranch here. But real slick piece of work playing the race card. What's next? Calling all the Kanye hater's racist too?
    Um, maybe I was responding to another comment? Do you understand the concept of a thread? You do understand that you're not the only one posting right?

Debate all you want, but at least debate the topic at hand an not some tenuously related tangent that has no bearing on the original topic.
    Yawn!
    Last edited by darreno1; 09/17/2009 at 12:26 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast