Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    check these out guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1298877788

and for you bidders out there, please read the product description will you?
    ----------------------------------------
    I do not know what weapons will be used
    in world war III, but im sure that we
    will use rocks in world war IV. --Albert Einstein
    No Way! who in their right mind paid $265? and if they find all they get is an EMPTY BOX?

I see lawsuits all over this.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    "There's a sucker born every minute" - PT Barnum
    If this guy thought it was a game - this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, but I've heard of PS2 Boxes going for lots of money last year. Silly. Gee, Dad - Thanks! a XBox BOX! Ho! Ho! Ho! to you too!
    i thought my dad was smart enough to know what to ACTUALLY buy me! now im just getting an empty box for christmas!

(lol it wasnt my dad thank god)
    Originally posted by Drakion

You hope

So, are you saying I paid too much? I thought $265.00 was reasonable...
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Whoever bought this box probably didn't read the description on e-bay. Seriously, who would pay $265 for a box when for only $35 dollars more, you could get a game console with it.
    Docscully
    People dont like to read anymore (or they read what they want to see). How many people do you see ask simple questions on message boards because they couldn't bother to read the manual or guide?

This must be the world's most expensive box. Maybe Microsoft should start selling the boxes separately
    Originally posted by Drakion
    i thought my dad was smart enough to know what to ACTUALLY buy me! now im just getting an empty box for christmas!

That could be one of the reasons for buying the box in addition to not reading the description. But if this was a gag gift, whyspend 265 bucks on it. I can see like 30 dollars just to see the look on the recipients face. But 265 dollars?!?

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    two words:

stu pid
  13.    #13  
    you gotta love the part where it says in the description, for collectors only. and has any of you checked out the bid history? there was actually one guy who retracted the bid.

has anybody ever dared to e-mail the winner and ask him/her about the experience of winning a $265 "collector's" item box? i thought of it once but i backed out. talking about adding insult to injury.
    well umm.. he DOES use Prodigy .. I mean, isn't that almost as bad as AOL!?!?! On the plus side, I have found quite a few boxes I am going to auction off .. They are authentic and everything!
    Originally posted by yardie

This must be the world's most expensive box. Maybe Microsoft should start selling the boxes separately
    Don't give them any ideas - plus, you may have to register it!
    Originally posted by dampeoples

Don't give them any ideas - plus, you may have to register it!
    Yeah, and you can only open one flap a day unless you want to call and get permission to open both ends.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by GSR13

Yeah, and you can only open one flap a day unless you want to call and get permission to open both ends.
    If someone else doesn't open it first because you didn't get the security patch.
    Originally posted by perze_a

has anybody ever dared to e-mail the winner and ask him/her about the experience of winning a $265 "collector's" item box? i thought of it once but i backed out. talking about adding insult to injury.
    No, but I did go look at the feedback he left for the seller. It sounded quite positive.

briguy
  19.    #19  
    you guys don't think he sold it to himself do you? arrrgggh! what has this world come to. one more thing, microsoft might sell it, but you're gonna have to pay for technical support if it does not open properly. or..... you need to take a certification exam to be an MCBO (Microsoft Certified Box Opener). *doh*
    Originally posted by perze_a
    an MCBO (Microsoft Certified Box Opener). *doh*

Hey think of how great such a title would look on your resume!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast