Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    It doesn't take any backbone to wait until the ayes have it and then vote aye.
    When you vote against party lines in a vote that close, that's not exactly cowardly. That's why I'm curious as to his reasoning. If he's about to switch parties, cowardice might make more sense.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Most agree that having a tumor removed is a legitimate need.
    Regardless of one's religious views, considering a fetus/unborn child to be on the same level as a tumor does not bode well for the species. Note that I'm not saying you hold those views, but that there are others out there who do.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    This board is his class in diversity.
    LOL.....I'll give you this, nose ring or no nose ring, you do cause me to laugh a good bit and that is actually a good quality to have. I gotta ask, to follow up on your comment, when is it appropriate or not? LOL (again, that caused me to laugh out loud, so thanks again!)
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    The last time I checked, Roe v. Wade said it wasn't.
    The Supreme Court, the last time I checked, doesn't have control over what is in one's heart or mind. They may have said it was legal in the laws eyes, but that doesn't mean it is legal in the individual's eyes. I am glad that I've never had to be in such a position to help in making such a decision, but I do have a family member who made the decision and I believe it messed up their life to a certain degree. But again, only in the eyes of the law.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Regardless of one's religious views, considering a fetus/unborn child to be on the same level as a tumor does not bode well for the species. Note that I'm not saying you hold those views, but that there are others out there who do.
    I'm not sure why you extracted that one sentence out of context.
    I think I see what you're saying now.
    Some, in order to ease their conscious, have reduced abortion to nothing more than having a tumor removed - they see it as just another medical procedure that insurance should cover. Supporting the opinion that it should have been left in the bill.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    When you vote against party lines in a vote that close, that's not exactly cowardly. That's why I'm curious as to his reasoning. If he's about to switch parties, cowardice might make more sense.
    The cowardly part was not voting against party lines but waiting until they already had the votes to win before he cast his. In my opinion, whatever capital he sought to gain by this vote (either personal or political) was lost in waiting until the vote was essentially meaningless.
    We can't really know his motive. Cowardness /Courage may have not even been a factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    LOL.....I'll give you this, nose ring or no nose ring, you do cause me to laugh a good bit and that is actually a good quality to have. I gotta ask, to follow up on your comment, when is it appropriate or not? LOL (again, that caused me to laugh out loud, so thanks again!)
    Well, the club I went to last night. Picture the club in the beginning of the Matrix, but the people there aren't as attractive.
    Well, the club I went to last night. Picture the club in the beginning of the Matrix, but the people there aren't as attractive.
    Thanks for sharing!

01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Abortion, hmmm nasty part of this whole topic, Does a woman have the right to decide, YES, but so does a man, if your going to take the stance that its murder, or killing, or or, then by default every time a guy uses a condom, gets a vasectomy, or a woman gets her tubes tied, or uses contraceptives, its murder, killing etc etc. I just love the thought process that goes with some people. Do i believe a woman, should use abortion as a form of birth control, NO. I have seen first hand, what some of these planned parenthood groups do. OOOH my dear dont go down the abortion road, we will help you, ..... 2 days after the birth a 13 year old girl is sitting there with an infant, with no financial help, no direction, and on the street so to speak, (sometimes literally) trying to raise a baby, and continue her schooling. Is Abortion the best answer, to date, with the number of young girls sitting around with no education, and zero hope, i have to give that a resounding YES. A good friend of mine, had his 15 year old get knocked up. He and his wife, both insisted she have the kid, they would help, they would do this that and the next thing, based on what was promised by the Planned Parenthood people ( read antiabortionists ). Hell these people would not even return bloody phone calls, and when he went to the actual office, they called the cops, and had him removed. The excuse given was, " you must of misunderstood what we said, we never promised anything. WE just felt she should have the baby as God said she should." nice very nice. Again, I dont believe Abortion should be used as birth control. But to have babies have babies, just perpetuates a vicious cycle. just my two cents worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Abortion, hmmm nasty part of this whole topic, Does a woman have the right to decide, YES, but so does a man, if your going to take the stance that its murder, or killing, or or, then by default every time a guy uses a condom, gets a vasectomy, or a woman gets her tubes tied, or uses contraceptives, its murder, killing etc etc. I just love the thought process that goes with some people. Do i believe a woman, should use abortion as a form of birth control, NO. I have seen first hand, what some of these planned parenthood groups do. OOOH my dear dont go down the abortion road, we will help you, ..... 2 days after the birth a 13 year old girl is sitting there with an infant, with no financial help, no direction, and on the street so to speak, (sometimes literally) trying to raise a baby, and continue her schooling. Is Abortion the best answer, to date, with the number of young girls sitting around with no education, and zero hope, i have to give that a resounding YES. A good friend of mine, had his 15 year old get knocked up. He and his wife, both insisted she have the kid, they would help, they would do this that and the next thing, based on what was promised by the Planned Parenthood people ( read antiabortionists ). Hell these people would not even return bloody phone calls, and when he went to the actual office, they called the cops, and had him removed. The excuse given was, " you must of misunderstood what we said, we never promised anything. WE just felt she should have the baby as God said she should." nice very nice. Again, I dont believe Abortion should be used as birth control. But to have babies have babies, just perpetuates a vicious cycle. just my two cents worth.
    There is also the emotional effect of having an abortion that you don't seem to mention. I mentioned in a previous post that a family member had an abortion....she was 17....I think to this day (she is now 49) there is still a part of her that regrets it. It was not an easy decision, and sure, her life was "easier" for it and she had her college life and all....but...she has also had some other "problems" that likely came from that decision. So, not quite as easy as you make it out....but....it is a tough topic with many different views and stances.

Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Abortion, hmmm nasty part of this whole topic, Does a woman have the right to decide, YES, but so does a man, if your going to take the stance that its murder, or killing, or or, then by default every time a guy uses a condom, gets a vasectomy, or a woman gets her tubes tied, or uses contraceptives, its murder, killing etc etc.
    No. Biologically and logically, those are not the same. I would not classify it as murder, but it is definitely ending a life. Contraception of any type is preventing a life from occurring.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Costs cannot be reduced if everyone is not required to carry coverage.
    Not with your approach, you're correct. The whole approach is wrong, however.

Grats on getting it passed though. I know you wanted it badly. I'm praying the Senate uses their brains and kill this thing.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    There are economic realities that you aren't putting into the equation.
    If you can't pay... don't play?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I haven't seen the nation this polarized since the Vietnam war.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Not with your approach, you're correct. The whole approach is wrong, however.

Grats on getting it passed though. I know you wanted it badly. I'm praying the Senate uses their brains and kill this thing.
    This goes against what I normally believe in, but you simply can't require insurance companies to take everyone regardless of their health without also requiring everyone to participate. Otherwise, insurance companies will be forced out. Now, that may be the goal of liberals, but I'm going to trust Obama and believe that isn't his goal

I hate the Government requiring participation...but...I also believe we must allow everyone access to healthcare, I just see no other way to do that unless we get rid of pre-ex issues. But they must make the penalty high enough for those that refuse. To impose a $800 or $1000 penalty on those refusing to enroll simply isn't going to cut it, in my opinion. That person will pay the $800 fine, then enroll when he/she gets word they have a medical condition and then drop it when the insurance company has paid out who knows how much. The Government can afford to do that because, well, they don't care if they are in the red.